Frank Lampard

DavidEU

You want him to get injured 8 mins into the match? :carlo:

No. Look at his attitude, he was gutted because he couldn't play for his team not for himself.

Wasn't he crying last season when they got knocked out by those dirty spuds?

No. Look at his attitude, he was gutted because he couldn't play for his team not for himself.

Wasn't he crying last season when they got knocked out by those dirty spuds?

Ah yes. Seedorf is one of the few players with such commitment in the modern footballing world. I think it is hard to give teenagers 50+K/week withoout turning them into spoiled brats.

What did you guys think about his attitude? The commentator mentioned his body language when AVB was giving him instructions as he waited to get subbed on and I agree his body language was rubbish. Didn't even acknowledge that he was being spoken to. Fits my impression that he's one of the players causing the most damage in that dressing room atm

Also it's funny how people suddenly think he's brilliant and it was scandalous to leave him out of the team today. Yes, he should have started over Meireles but lamps has been poor for a long time now and while he probably would have been better than Raul, I doubt whether he would have made much difference to that performance.

That fk at the end was rubbish, too. Drogba would have been the better candidate. Drogba can get them wrong too but lamps has been consistently shit at freekicks for a while now.

Anyway, not the best cameo but not the worst either. My point was - I'm not impressed by his body language.

The awkward moment when we all realize he is our best goalscorer this season...

Yeah, but it just shows the problem when our often benched 33yo midfielder is top scorer (didn't Danny surpass him today though?). We have no real goalscorer in our team, every top team has a distinct main goalscorer. Our goals (as much as we have scored them) are distributed between everyone more or less. We didn't have one last season either, and it showed.

Yeah, but it just shows the problem when our often benched 33yo midfielder is top scorer (didn't Danny surpass him today though?). We have no real goalscorer in our team, every top team has a distinct main goalscorer. Our goals (as much as we have scored them) are distributed between everyone more or less. We didn't have one last season either, and it showed.

Danny might have surpassed him today, but that was my point our team is shit, how can Lampard be the topscorer when he does play reguarly?

Frank deserves to start every match because he is still a class player.He is way better than Malouda and Raul so there is no reason why he should be on the bench.Meireles offers nothing extra and can be very erratic at some times.Lampard has managed to score 13 goals for us so far,this shows that he still is a very good midfielder and has plenty to offer.Lampard has the right to be angry and I think AVB should use Merieles as a super sub and start Lampard more often.Fatigue can't be an excuse and age certainly can't be either.

We must grind out this season with the likes of Meireles and Lampard, we have no realistic replacements (Malouda? no thank you. Essien? Rami has taken over his spot, both of them don't fit in unless one is DMF) and we loaned out Josh and Benayoun (both were mistakes loaning out imo, they would be much more useful subs or starters). Hopefully during the summer we will patch our weak points, one of which is the central midfield position next to Ramires.

What did you guys think about his attitude? The commentator mentioned his body language when AVB was giving him instructions as he waited to get subbed on and I agree his body language was rubbish. Didn't even acknowledge that he was being spoken to. Fits my impression that he's one of the players causing the most damage in that dressing room atm

Also it's funny how people suddenly think he's brilliant and it was scandalous to leave him out of the team today. Yes, he should have started over Meireles but lamps has been poor for a long time now and while he probably would have been better than Raul, I doubt whether he would have made much difference to that performance.

That fk at the end was rubbish, too. Drogba would have been the better candidate. Drogba can get them wrong too but lamps has been consistently shit at freekicks for a while now.

Anyway, not the best cameo but not the worst either. My point was - I'm not impressed by his body language.

Yeah. I was very very disappointed with Frank when I heard the commentator pointed that out. Such a legend and fantastic professional for Chelsea FC but he let the fans down massively with that attitude.

Between Lampard and Meireles, I'd rather choose Frank....The only thing Meireles has over Lampard is that he doesn't give away the ball under pressure, but he has become poor at just about everything else.His only contribution to attack are those ridiculous shots he takes from distance..

The next time AVB chooses Lampard he should ask to him sit deep like he did once in pre-season, and concentrate on building up play. control the tempo and attempt long shots like he used to, rather than go near the final third and lose the ball. This means he won't be able to make many runs into the box, but we really need someone to direct the central midfield. Essien is another option of course, but he's still on the road to recovery.

I'm starting to dislike him.

How pathetic was that fk, Drogba and Sturridge making way for lord lampard who wasted it again.

Just leave.

Either Lamps retires a hero, or plays long enough to become a villain...hopefully Super-Frank will take advice from Batman!