Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I think people should be judged on how they're currently performing. Not how they performed over the past 10 years

People seem to be judging Lamps based on how he played in the last game, rather than the last 7. From the Spurs game on he's been solid if unspectacular and it's not like we have a Gundogan or Witsel on the bench.

Rami-Mikel

I agree with you, Mikel is excellent with his national team when he can play in a more free role and is really creative. Next to Rambo (as DM) mikel could be the DLP we need. He's got all the tools and we saw it at the CAN or Confed cup.

He isn't a true DM, just a converted one, let him the one that gives the tempo

Oh no not the fanboys again ,Mikel needs to leave Chelsea he is a :wank2: . And is out of the picture Jose has already said our problem v Newcastle was we were to slow with no penetration and too many sideways balls ,I doubt his remedy will involve picking the slowest player in Europe and the king of the sideways / backwards pass,will he?

People seem to be judging Lamps based on how he played in the last game, rather than the last 7. From the Spurs game on he's been solid if unspectacular and it's not like we have a Gundogan or Witsel on the bench.

The big problem we had in the first half v Spurs has been eradicated lets not go back ,nothing wrong with our pivot in the games we won since then and at Newcastle our problem was the front 4 and Luiz ,the pivot did really well in their jobs ,we could have done with a Lampard shot from a more advanced role though .

Trust Jose and me on this folks :D:D:D . Since Spurs 1st half we have been very good ,our lightweight 3 AMs and Luiz were our problem at Newcastle ,winter football is different in England and we need to adjust ,I am sure Jose has already worked out what was wrong and it was not Lampard .

Trust Jose and me on this folks :D:D:D . Since Spurs 1st half we have been very good ,our lightweight 3 AMs and Luiz were our problem at Newcastle ,winter football is different in England and we need to adjust ,I am sure Jose has already worked out what was wrong and it was not Lampard .

Well said :)

yes the same Lampard who was taken off with over 30min left to play; because he was not the problem... :rolleyes:

Opinions are like a*... I know, but we need some consistency here. You can't possibly ask people to trust the manager and at the same time say Lampard was not the problem, when he was taken off by that same manager - I assume for a reason since we were losing and he is a midfielder who can score goals.

If ramsey can play in the pivot, Im sure oscar can as well....

Even though i would prefer oscar as our 10, at this stage, I want Lampard dropped more than mata...

Ramsey was never a number 10. He's played CM all of his life, so playing in the pivot (Arsenal's pivot also functions a lot more different than ours) isn't foreign to him.

IMO the attacking midfielder with the most potential to play well in the pivot is KDB.

Personally I think Lampard should not play when Mata is at no. 10 simply because the gap in the middle of our team is too apparent when they both start in the middle.

I always say we have to play Mikel to allow Mata to orchestrate the attack better, he brings more balance to our side.

It's the opposite with Oscar obviously, who'll make up for the lack of balance Lampard creates in the pivot - they both compliment each other pretty well as Oscar does like to come deep and Lampard does like to join the attack still - however; I must say that Frank has tried to discipline himself.

Frank obviously doesn't go as forward as much as he did back in the day - and that's why he's more invisible in games, especially this season as Mourinho wants to make him a deep lying playmaker more - it's a tough thing to ask of a 35 year old - to remodel his whole game. It's why I think Jose is sticking with him there as he does have more experience (especially defensively) over someone like a KDB who could potentially play there if he works hard on his defensive game.

He hasn't been great of late but SFL will still play a lot of games this season unless we do get a proper metronome in our pivot in January.

I agree. Lampard has been OK overall this season. (Tends to get an insane amount of the blame when things don't go right) but he clearly should not be playing every game. He partners up better with Oscar (and for the matter, so does Ramires) but we miss Mata's creativity in the middle. Not sure why central midfield has not been addressed for years. Van Ginkel was an interesting young player but was/is more of a long-term project than an immediate upgrade anyway. I don't think we need to go chasing an elite central midfielder in January, spending big in the winter almost never turns out, but we definitely need someone who can play regularly in the centre.

Although i think he should be played a little bit less, Lampard has no way been a big a problem as people have been making out. TOPTB has regularly post stats backing that up.

This is probably the best form he has been in since he declined post double season, i think Jose is helping him learn his new pivot role a bit better and while he will never be a natural there, i don't dread seeing him there like i have most of the last two season's.

We need to adress the CM problem sooner rather than later, but Lampard, Ramires and Mikel 'will do' until January.

Although i think he should be played a little bit less, Lampard has no way been a big a problem as people have been making out. TOPTB has regularly post stats backing that up.

This is probably the best form he has been in since he declined post double season, i think Jose is helping him learn his new pivot role a bit better and while he will never be a natural there, i don't dread seeing him there like i have most of the last two season's.

We need to adress the CM problem sooner rather than later, but Lampard, Ramires and Mikel 'will do' until January.

I agree concerning the season so far, but not the newcastle game. Didn't he have a very low pass completion rate in last game?