Frank Lampard

DavidEU

What a load of nonsense . Newcastle defended very well,

I agree with the general notion. We have suffered against weaker teams who park the bus and did better against teams that let us play, but it just wasn't the case in these games!

Against Newcastle, especially in the first half, we were allowed time and space on the edge of the box for all of Mata, Oscar and Hazard but we always misplaced the final pass. Newcastle committed men forward and only left 4-5 players behind the ball and there was spaces behind them but we always messed up the transition. 5-6 of the 8 passes Lampard missed in the first half, IIRC, were when the opposition were in transition.

Jose said: "It was easy in the first half. We had lots of space and no pressure and we did not take advantage of that. We deserved to lose, Newcastle didn't deserve to win, but we deserved to lose."

As for Schalke, in the away game, we played the 'smaller team role' as you called it by giving them the ball and playing on the counter. "In Germany, they had the ball because we gave it to them" (again a direct quote from Jose). They had 60% of possession. But we sat deep, denied them going through the middle after scoring an early goal. Then we scored two more when late on when in both cases Schalke had all 10 men in our half.

For the game at the bridge, they came here looking for a draw. They sat very very deep despite having a couple of early chances through our own mistakes. They had 11 men behind the ball most of the time and we hardly created anything in the first half. Had we not scored through a GK mistake, they probably would have done the same in the second half and the score line would not be anywhere near 3-0. They defended ten times better than Newcastle but we showed up with fighting spirit against Schalke unlike Newcastle and we a had a bit of luck which you sometimes need (and deserve as Eto'o deserved his luck for his effort).

What a load of nonsense . Newcastle defended very well, much better than David Luiz for instance and we had no space to play in as Pardew stated that his plan was to defend deep and give us no space in front of their back and around their penalty box in the first half .

Shalke were awful a team depleted by injury but they should have been 2-0 up against us they ripped us to shreds in the first half at the Bridge before Eto'os great anticipation . But you are so wrong on the Newcastle match ,maybe you do not get the after match anlysis in foreign countries ,but as was clearly seen in that match and stated by Pardew his game plan was to sit deep and not allow our three AM's any space between the lines,with a deep back four and a line of four prorecting them .

Amazing how somebody can interpret a football match and get it so wrong ,even when the opposing manger has revealed his game plan ,but even without Pardew explaining his tactics it was very obvious if you saw the game?

What a load of nonsense . Newcastle defended very well, much better than David Luiz for instance and we had no space to play in as Pardew stated that his plan was to defend deep and give us no space in front of their back and around their penalty box in the first half .

Shalke were awful a team depleted by injury but they should have been 2-0 up against us they ripped us to shreds in the first half at the Bridge before Eto'os great anticipation . But you are so wrong on the Newcastle match ,maybe you do not get the after match anlysis in foreign countries ,but as was clearly seen in that match and stated by Pardew his game plan was to sit deep and not allow our three AM's any space between the lines,with a deep back four and a line of four prorecting them .

Amazing how somebody can interpret a football match and get it so wrong ,even when the opposing manger has revealed his game plan ,but even without Pardew explaining his tactics it was very obvious if you saw the game?

you are such a cunt you know that?

I agree with the general notion. We have suffered against weaker teams who park the bus and did better against teams that let us play, but it just wasn't the case in these games!

Against Newcastle, especially in the first half, we were allowed time and space on the edge of the box for all of Mata, Oscar and Hazard but we always misplaced the final pass. Newcastle committed men forward and only left 4-5 players behind the ball and there was spaces behind them but we always messed up the transition. 5-6 of the 8 passes Lampard missed in the first half, IIRC, were when the opposition were in transition.

Jose said: "It was easy in the first half. We had lots of space and no pressure and we did not take advantage of that. We deserved to lose, Newcastle didn't deserve to win, but we deserved to lose."

As for Schalke, in the away game, we played the 'smaller team role' as you called it by giving them the ball and playing on the counter. "In Germany, they had the ball because we gave it to them" (again a direct quote from Jose). They had 60% of possession. But we sat deep, denied them going through the middle after scoring an early goal. Then we scored two more when late on when in both cases Schalke had all 10 men in our half.

For the game at the bridge, they came here looking for a draw. They sat very very deep despite having a couple of early chances through our own mistakes. They had 11 men behind the ball most of the time and we hardly created anything in the first half. Had we not scored through a GK mistake, they probably would have done the same in the second half and the score line would not be anywhere near 3-0. They defended ten times better than Newcastle but we showed up with fighting spirit against Schalke unlike Newcastle and we a had a bit of luck which you sometimes need (and deserve as Eto'o deserved his luck for his effort).

disagree with a few points...

I don't think it was that easy, despite of what Mourinho said. They managed to at least block the final pass didn't they? Without someone blocking, the pass is always made.

You value possession way more than I do. Possession is only important when it leads to goals and/or to keep your opponent from attacking you. Possession counts for nothing if you lose the game. It's hard to make a case for Shalke after they concede the number of goals they've conceded against us. A team that can crumble like that, being after a mistake from the GK or not, is an easy prey in my book.

Agree about the attitude. I'm sure the attitude was different for the Shalke match; my point is that the same attitude at newscastle wouldn't have guaranteed us the 3 points much less a 3-goal lead. It was a different game, with its own difficulties. How do you know we wouldn't score 4 goals after conceding the first against Shalke? I thought if they showed one thing is that they can't defend. Think they are going to go home very quickly in the CL.

This was not my analysis what so ever, it was Jose's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gltFCXVX1fg

"I think the first half was very easy to play. Lots of space. Not real pressure from the opponent. The opponent loosing easy balls in the first phase. And we had an easy first half to play and we didn't. We had the ball, we had space, we were not aggressive with the ball we also lost the ball immediately after we recover it..."

So take it up with Jose since "you and him think alike" :D

you are such a cunt you know that?

Ryan, mate, there's no need for that. The "discussion" is not nearly that serious as to call someone a cunt.

What the fuck?

This was not my analysis what so ever, it was Jose's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gltFCXVX1fg

"I think the first half was very easy to play. Lots of space. Not real pressure from the opponent. The opponent loosing easy balls in the first phase. And we had an easy first half to play and we didn't. We had the ball, we had space, we were not aggressive with the ball we also lost the ball immediately after we recover it..."

So take it up with Jose since "you and him think alike" :D

Ryan, mate, there's no need for that. The "discussion" is not nearly that serious as to call someone a cunt.

What? He is starting to annoy fuck out of me, if you don't have his opinion you are automatically wrong, despite what you've done Choulo backing up what you've said with videos and quotes from Jose's press conferences after the game. Not just in this thread but its nearly every fucking thread.

What? He is starting to annoy fuck out of me, if you don't have his opinion you are automatically wrong, despite what you've done Choulo backing up what you've said with videos and quotes from Jose's press conferences after the game. Not just in this thread but its nearly every fucking thread.

Good Job swearing at your grandfather.

While that is true, if throwing facts at him is ineffective, I'm sure that throwing insults won't help either. Just put him on ignore if he's getting on your nerves :yes:

While that is true, if throwing facts at him is ineffective, I'm sure that throwing insults won't help either. Just put him on ignore if he's getting on your nerves :yes:

Perhaps I shouldn't have done that and should have just blocked him but seriously he is reminding me of that Madrid guy when he first came on here.

Perhaps I shouldn't have done that and should have just blocked him but seriously he is reminding me of that Madrid guy when he first came on here.

Loool no way, that guy had an ego bigger than Zlatan Ibrahimovic's! :P He actually gave other people's opinions ratings over 10! :lol:

wow choulou you continue to amuse ,the space we had was because Newcastle retreated and let us have the ball at the back this was what Mourinho was referring to there was no space for MaZaCar to operate in (are you sure you watched the game?) as Newcastle operated a very deep block with four midfielders staying close to their back four ,giving MaZaCar no space to operate in ,you do like to bend the facts to suit your argument :D:D .

And as for Davidson can you back up your insults with a show? if so private messagge me next time you are at the Bridge for a meet .

Choulou has threatened to ban people for insults like that ,it seems you are in agreement with his flawed logic and are thus escaping a warning .

And also Jose made another great point about our performance at Newcastle we just played horizontal passes from side to side with the posession they gave us ,so that means Mikel would have made no difference whatsoever ,in fact the problem would have become worse ,the horizontal balls would have become vertically challenged ?

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

And also Jose made another great point about our performance at Newcastle we just played horizontal passes from side to side with the posession they gave us ,so that means Mikel would have made no difference whatsoever ,in fact the problem would have become worse ,the horizontal balls would have become vertically challenged ?

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

Lampard started and if he is so superior to Mikel how come he gave the ball away a lot and his distribution was always more or less sideways or backwards no matter what? You make Lampard out to be some sort of 'world class' player when he is quite limited in the role he plays. He has never truly excelled at passing a football in the way Mikel has or retaining possession under pressure like Mikel has or filling gaps like Mikel has. His game was based on playing a box to box role and scoring goals. Its harder to play between two banks of 4, but still a lack of movement from the offensive players can also cause a problem when you're playing against this sort of set up. Honestly its either your opinion or nobodies when your 110% in the wrong 9 out of 10 ten times. It wasn't neccessairly Lampards fault for the Newcastle game but him being sloppy in possession at times along with Rami and their set up and lack of movement at times was a major thorn in our sides.

wow choulou you continue to amuse ,the space we had was because Newcastle retreated and let us have the ball at the back this was what Mourinho was referring to there was no space for MaZaCar to operate in (are you sure you watched the game?) as Newcastle operated a very deep block with four midfielders staying close to their back four ,giving MaZaCar no space to operate in ,you do like to bend the facts to suit your argument :D:D .

And as for Davidson can you back up your insults with a show? if so private messagge me next time you are at the Bridge for a meet .

Choulou has threatened to ban people for insults like that ,it seems you are in agreement with his flawed logic and are thus escaping a warning .

Whatever gets you through the night, Phill...