Frank Lampard

DavidEU

There were reports last week and an article by Neil Ashton who is always right about Chelsea inside stories. Then yesterday Franks agent came out and told the Metro that "the only thing we know for sure is that Lampard will be looking for a different team in the summer." Add to that JT saying on instagram today that he is beyond devastated that Frank is leaving and that we should retire the #8 jersey.

I don't buy that JT only found out in the papers. They are best mates, of course he knew before. To me, there is no point in denying it further, he's going at the end of the season.

Not sure about Neil Ashton's Chelsea source, as the club is usually the last place to leak facts.

Weren't the agent quotes subsequently denied? That's really the oldest trick in the book. I'm not sure what to think of the JT thing although as much as I like the man I wouldn't put that daftness past him or more likely he may not be as well informed as what we think a "best mate" would be.

But my angle really stands on your last sentence, if Lamps is leaving, which country/club/place would he pick over what he's been loving (or at least enjoying) for the past 12 years?

That would soften the blow but unfortunately the ego of Roman simply won't allow it. Not only is the guy not passionate about the history, tradition or culture of our club he actively holds it in contempt. Anything not done by him he considers not to be Chelsea and so anything close to the admirable statue or Stand renaming of Old Trafford is inconceivable for the board. Mark my words there will not even be a testimonial.

I've not seen anything that suggests Roman is the cunt you think he is. In fact I think it's massively unfair.

Lamps isn't a young man anymore. He's going to be 35, he's not the player he once was and we have a number of youngsters who are going to be pushing for a spot in the team. What more do you actually want?

Hoping for a U turn from the club but I can't see it.

I'm not saying he's a lynchpin of the side anymore but what I am saying is what JT said, #heartbeat! There's no doubt he is a useful squad player

Am I the only one who think Lampard is being evaluated and the club will only offer him a contract at the end of the season?

I mean, there is a possibility the club still does not know whether to extend it or not. I does not mean it is a no!

Indeed, his fitness levels may have dropped of late (top clubs test their players often), but then if he performs well where it matters...

I think it was a tactical mistake (by AVB and then RDM) to make Lampard drop deep in a Gareth Berry role; it was a waste of talent. A player with his finishing should be allowed to shoot, not to mention that box-to-box players are pretty rare.

Now, if he's got an offer from say LA Galaxy for a 3-4 year deal, then he should definitely go, because it's going to be great for him. He can always return to the club as a coach later on.

But my angle really stands on your last sentence, if Lamps is leaving, which country/club/place would he pick over what he's been loving (or at least enjoying) for the past 12 years?

I reckon Frank had to make a choice between a HUGE pay cut and half the game-time or leaving. I honestly don't blame him for choosing to leave.

I reckon Frank had to make a choice between a HUGE pay cut and half the game-time or leaving. I honestly don't blame him for choosing to leave.

Fair enough although aside from a few cases in the mostly unknown US market I can't think of many clubs that would satisfy both his wage requirements and the gametime-football level relationship that would fit him. I could more easily imagine him leaving for another PL club or retiring altogether than going to a non-English country not to mention the Chinas that I've seen mentioned during the course of these negotiations.

I honestly don't think it matters what Frank decides. I think this just about Roman wanting a change. I don't think Cole will be back either for the same reason.

Fair enough although aside from a few cases in the mostly unknown US market I can't think of many clubs that would satisfy both his wage requirements and the gametime-football level relationship that would fit him. I could more easily imagine him leaving for another PL club or retiring altogether than going to a non-English country not to mention the Chinas that I've seen mentioned during the course of these negotiations.

I can honestly see him playing for Lazio if his family agrees to moving to Italy. They're are a top team, with great players who play some excellent football.

I honestly don't think it matters what Frank decides. I think this just about Roman wanting a change. I don't think Cole will be back either for the same reason.

Surely the club wouldn't be so unreasonable to insist on him leaving had he accepted a big wage cut and a much smaller role a la Giggs.

there was talk last season that Roman was furious with players for not backing AVB .. I wonder if this is one of the reasons for not keeping Frank

I think it is. I think it's about Roman wanting a locker room with no strong, veteran presence so the manager can have complete control. Roman wants a new start and a new Chelsea.

I can honestly see him playing for Lazio if his family agrees to moving to Italy. They're are a top team, with great players who play some excellent football.
That's the point I guess. I have trouble imagining him leaving London and the UK at his age nevermind trying to convince his family. I think he's too responsible for that. As much as a fan could claim to know a player I'm under the impression Lampard will put his responsibility and the love for his surroundings, everything that encompasses*, over his love for the game or a need to maximize his income in the years he has left as a player.

*Surely even things like having his father attend and watch most of the games cannot be trivial.

That's the point I guess. I have trouble imagining him leaving London and the UK at his age nevermind trying to convince his family. I think he's too responsible for that. As much as a fan could claim to know a player I'm under the impression Lampard will put his responsibility and the love for his surroundings, everything that encompasses*, over his love for the game or a need to maximize his income in the years he has left as a player.

*Surely even things like having his father attend and watch most of the games cannot be trivial.

I want him to stay, I really do and I would like nothing more than for you to be right about this, but I just don't want to give myself false hope.

Didn't post this in the Lampard thread because it may be missed, but i want you all to watch this if you haven't already. Credit to him. And proves that West Ham fans know nothing about football.

Didn't post this in the Lampard thread because it may be missed, but i want you all to watch this if you haven't already. Credit to him. And proves that West Ham fans know nothing about football.

Already been posted mate somewhere else :)

Like I said on the previous post - where are those other players now! Lmao!!!

And that c**t arguing, bet he feels a right mug now :)

While Lampard was wining back to back PL league titles and playing in CL semi-finals and winning the silver ball that Scott Canham fella was playing for the mighty Woking and then Farnborough!!! :lol2: says it all really!