Chelsea 1-0 Sunderland

BlueLion.

well he was probably at 70 or 80% fitness and was named there as a precaution in case things weren't going our way. We were relatively comfortable until the final 10 or so minutes so there was no need to risk bringing him on.

haha what game were you watching? He was superb.

Hoho, Not the same game as you (-. .He was insecure, stumpling over his feet alot, and losing the ball and infights. He plays like he feels =blue, acording to our homepage.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoho, Not the same game as you (-. .He was insecure, stumpling over his feet alot, and losing the ball and infights. He plays like he feels =blue, acording to our homepage.

Luiz won 3/3 tackles 1/1 clearances. 1/1 interceptions and completed 90% of his passes 37/41.

Those are just basic stats but clearly our impression of him while watching the game is different.

Two main events of this match first lucky Supa goal...Then the return of Bison Essien

ap-201201141152427249050.jpg

Hey Henri, checkout these stats:

Luiz won 3/3 tackles 1/1 clearances. 1/1 interceptions and completed 90% of his passes 37/41.

Thats sound good, i may have jugded him wrong?. On the other hand you should be a little bit nervous about

how few thing he then was involved in a 90 min match. The numbers a really low, and that could tell you he wasnt were

he should have been!. But passes % are really good.

Torres did well but the lack of support he gets is unbelievable. Still, I'd like him to stop moaning and get on with it. I UNDERSTAND that he's frustrated but I simply hate when players start throwing their toys out of the pram when they don't get the pass that they wanted.

Why shouldnt he moan? He has been with us for a year and in that year he probably received a handful of passes worth talking about. The support for him has been terrible. The problem is Torres isnt Drogba, you can throw a shit ball at drogba and he will use his strength to create something. Torres needs Mata to play behind him. Torres put in a shift and a half today, still he fed on scraps.

I was at the game today so i think i can give a fair judgement.

Your being a bit harsh on David Luiz, he had no choice but to give that early foul because Bosingwa was as usual in no mans land, he looked assured today, Bosingwa was the liability not David Luiz.

Torres was very good as was Ramires, we all thought Torres scored as we were at the Matthew Harding Stand and it looked like Torres overhead kick went in off the bar we were like wtf when Neil announced Lamps as the goalscorer. Romeu was very sloopy at times, he deserves more critism than Luiz for today i think.

All in all not a worldclass performance but it wasnt that bad, we should have had 3 penalties in 5 minutes so what the fuck O Neil was going on about claiming Sunderland should have had a penalty (which they should have) when his side got away with 3 in quick succesion (one of which Nino got booked for).

Well earned 3 points Sunderland didnt create that much and Spuds and Scousers drawing made it even better.

It was a better game than what we have seen for the last month, though it isn't still good enough. It was an average and boring performance, and we have been lucky to come out with the three points, Sunderland could have easely equalised (and rightly so). At no moment in the game I had the feeling that we were head and shoulders above our opponent. We sure had the best possession, although it was most of the time a sterile possession, we were mainly doing side pass and back pass, without ever creating a real threat on their goal for few minutes in a row. The tempo was quite slow, and it never seemed we could raise it dramatically. Even though we have get an early goal, once again we have started the game in a slow way (as if it was a training), and once again we seem to be more than likely to concede a goal in the ten last minutes. To sum up, it was once again an uninspired performance.

Some thoughts on individual performances. Mata was looking really tired. It is a necessity to find a creative player to allow him to get a well deserved rest, otherwise we'll have to keep playing him and it won't do any good neither for the team nor for himself. We should never play again Ramires on the wing. At the exception of the pace and the speed, he hasn't the abilities to play there. Furthermore, he seems to have the tendency to come back in the midfield, so our right wing is often abandonned. Plus, he is at the moment our best midfielder, and without him the midfield is disfunctional, so he should be played here and only here. Luiz was very good and has saved/intercepted a lots of balls, it is a shame that people only focus on only one mistake. Meireles, what can I say... Really a poor game. He has made a lots of mistakes, a lots of mis-controls and bad passes. He was also poor in defense. Essien, I am happy to see him anew, I liked his movements, and the lack of fitness was noticable. I'll wait a few games to judge him.

Thats sound good, i may have jugded him wrong?. On the other hand you should be a little bit nervous about

how few thing he then was involved in a 90 min match. The numbers a really low, and that could tell you he wasnt were

he should have been!. But passes % are really good.

^^+1 on that point right there. Still I am not sure why Side Show Bob is rated higher than Alex.

Loved to see Essien back on the pitch and seemingly back in business, BUT.....

Its indeed funny when a player who was out of action for more than 6 months can return to the pitch with 20 mins left to play,( and we're desperately holding onto a 1-0 lead) while McEachran couldn't even get a minute in more than 90% of our PL games..

^^+1 on that point right there. Still I am not sure why Side Show Bob is rated higher than Alex.

Alex has made numerous mistakes this season when he played.

Its silly no one bats an eyelid when Alex puts Zola in the shade with an assist to Shane Long against West Brom, gave away silly penalites against Fulham and Liverpool and miskicking to let Yakubu in against Blackburn while David Luiz gets slated for anything he does that isnt Beckenbauer esk :rolleyes:

Sorry to sound so negative but we were incredibly lucky to come away with 3 points today. Against an Arsenal or Man City or Man U we could have lost that 4 or 5-1! They had so many easy chances which they should have converted and in all honesty we did not create a massive amount. However, we were lucky, you get that sometimes in football and we can move on.

There were plenty of positives from the game too. Essien looked very good when he came on, Ramires is just getting better and better and it seems like only evil forces are stopping Torres from scoring. If that had gone in then goal of the season may have already been given to Nando on a silver plate. He was very good and it was only poor service that stopped him from scoring. Other results went in our favour, (the annual Spurs bottle job might be coming early this year? ;) ) Gary Cahill was in the stands too and the Alex saga looks to be coming to an end. Overall it has been a good day for us

I wouldn't exactly call it crap. We managed something like 28 goal attempts, I thought we were offensively okay.

Defensively I would defenitely agree we were crap.

Yeah the last few minutes seemed a bit ahhhhhhhhhhhh.But guess any game going into the last few mins 1-0 up horrible.Espically for us of late...but they say these kinda bad performances with a win are the ones that can count and all...just need to step it up next week!

Sorry to sound so negative but we were incredibly lucky to come away with 3 points today. Against an Arsenal or Man City or Man U we could have lost that 4 or 5-1! They had so many easy chances which they should have converted and in all honesty we did not create a massive amount. However, we were lucky, you get that sometimes in football and we can move on.

There were plenty of positives from the game too. Essien looked very good when he came on, Ramires is just getting better and better and it seems like only evil forces are stopping Torres from scoring. If that had gone in then goal of the season may have already been given to Nando on a silver plate. He was very good and it was only poor service that stopped him from scoring. Other results went in our favour, (the annual Spurs bottle job might be coming early this year? ;) ) Gary Cahill was in the stands too and the Alex saga looks to be coming to an end. Overall it has been a good day for us

Should have, could have.

It's not like United is that much different. The majority of their games they play like crap and barely win.

And if you forget we just beat City! :)