Chelsea 1-0 Sunderland

BlueLion.

1. We did have signings in the summer

2. we have been linked with players by now

3. Because you cant see anyone else coming in doesnt mean there wont be anyone else coming in

4. None of us have any idea what the club is doing behind the scenes so to say its a winger and not a midfielder we are likely to get is naive

Yes Captain Obvious we don't know that, but i bet it probably will, and what links?, newspaper ones, you know these days you can just type anything random in, for example franck ribery to liverpool and you usually find an article about it, it's that bad. We signed players but not enough, we didn't get rid of enough deadwood either, AVB made the highline and he should of knew Terry wouldn't of been able to play it, and especally Alex, also without pressure on the ball. We should of had more singings in and we should of been prepared.

you serious?

Oh no i'm just saying it for DA LULZ.

He didn't buy players in the summer? Huh?

Not enough.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if he did we would of had signigns in the summer, and at least of been linked with players by now, at the moment it just seems that were getting Cahill. I can't see anyone else coming in, and the 2nd signing isn't officail is it?, and if it is it looks like it's a winger, when it should be a midfielder.

You are acting like our club is not doing nothing, and that is a misconception. In the summer we tried to get Modric, and Pastore.

Chelsea are trying to be more financial conscious now, and can't throw money away like the early days of Roman.

Carlo was like that, and I don't think it's a conincidence it's the same today with AVB being cautious in spending money like crazy.

I really think the whole money spend on Torres and David Luiz was more down to Roman freaking out with the team due to the position we where last year. Otherwise we would be continuing our cautious approach of spending on players.

Yes Captain Obvious we don't know that, but i bet it probably will, and what links?, newspaper ones, you know these days you can just type anything random in, for example franck ribery to liverpool and you usually find an article about it, it's that bad. We signed players but not enough, we didn't get rid of enough deadwood either, AVB made the highline and he should of knew Terry wouldn't of been able to play it, and especally Alex, also without pressure on the ball. We should of had more singings in and we should of been prepared.

So let me get this straight. We haven't been linked to any other players (we have), this bothers you. You're then pointed in the only direction you can look for links, the media. But that isn't good enough? What exactly do you want? I agree with what you say about the media being untrustworthy with their information linking players to clubs, but that's all you've got to go on I'm afraid.

Not enough.

Mata, Romeu, Lukaku, Meireles. That isn't a bad haul.

You are acting like our club is not doing nothing, and that is a misconception. In the summer we tried to get Modric, and Pastore.

Chelsea are trying to be more financial conscious now, and can't throw money away like the early days of Roman.

Carlo was like that, and I don't think it's a conincidence it's the same today with AVB being cautious in spending money like crazy.

Yes we did try to get Modric and Pastore, but we had no backup for any of them. We dragged on Modric for the whole of august, and had no backup if we couldn't get him, Redknapp was even on Sky Sports saying no he's not going at all on the last day, and about 6 hours before it was over but no we kept going at it and had no backup, but we got Meireles who can't do anything for us at this moment in time, but i still think he's a good player. And Pastore... we offered like 42 million for him?, he had everything to prove i'm happy we never got him, plus have you seen him physically?, he's a twig he would of gotten pushed over all the time on the ball.

Yes we did try to get Modric and Pastore, but we had no backup for any of them. We dragged on Modric for the whole of august, and had no backup if we couldn't get him, Redknapp was even on Sky Sports saying no he's not going at all on the last day, and about 6 hours before it was over but no we kept going at it and had no backup, but we got Meireles who can't do anything for us at this moment in time, but i still think he's a good player. And Pastore... we offered like 42 million for him?, he had everything to prove i'm happy we never got him, plus have you seen him physically?, he's a twig he would of gotten pushed over all the time on the ball.

Back up is to wait for the right player and not buy just for the sake of buying!

Oh no i'm just saying it for DA LULZ.

Not enough.

lol I'm done with you

So let me get this straight. We haven't been linked to any other players (we have), this bothers you. You're then pointed in the only direction you can look for links, the media. But that isn't good enough? What exactly do you want? I agree with what you say about the media being untrustworthy with their information linking players to clubs, but that's all you've got to go on I'm afraid.

Mata, Romeu, Lukaku, Meireles. Four players isn't a bad haul.

Mata, world class, one of our best buys by Chelsea. Romeu once again quality but i've heard he wants to go back to Barcelona but it's probably bull shit. Lukaku, he's just like Torres, a goalscorer, he wont be able to do much if he comes on, he's for the future and should be loaned out. Meireles, good squad player, 13 million was probably too much but i think he can add something to the team if were not in struggle. But that was it, we needed more players, i'm happy with them but it wasn't enough, Meireles was needed in a way but as a squad player, we still lacked a centre back and should of sold alex if we were insisting on playing highline the whole season, and gotten a winger and a playmaker.

And about the transfer acitivity, when we are going to close in on a player, it's all over just like on Gary Cahill it was, at the moment with Eden Hazard etc it's all just the average paper rumour for me, but i'd be very happy if i was wrong about it, quality player.

Back up is to wait for the right player and not buy just for the sake of buying!

As in backup i don't mean he's half as good, perhaps 2nd best but this season it was needed! so i think we would of had to get a backup, for example we should of had someone else in line for that Modric deal, instead of just focusing on him, and with Redknapp (yes i know he talks a lot of shit anyway) saying on sky sports news no he's not going at all and we've rejected 40 million, surely we should of had someone else. But yes we might of been but not been able to get a new player in time that could be a reason.

As in backup i don't mean he's half as good, perhaps 2nd best but this season it was needed! so i think we would of had to get a backup, for example we should of had someone else in line for that Modric deal, instead of just focusing on him, and with Redknapp (yes i know he talks a lot of shit anyway) saying on sky sports news no he's not going at all and we've rejected 40 million, surely we should of had someone else. But yes we might of been but not been able to get a new player in time that could be a reason.

You are talking like it's that easy.

If it was, coaches like SAF and Wenger would not have to suffer to bring the right players in.... or back ups.

You are talking like it's that easy.

If it was great coaches like SAF, and Wenger would not have to suffer to bring the right players in.... or back ups.

That's because Wenger doesn't want to spend the money you have to spend. He wont spend on anyone over 15 million, and Ferguson usually does get his players, this season i think he could of done with the centre mid, Sneijder might of been good or he might of been bad because he's been poor this season for Inter, though he has had injuries. Ferguson decided to put his faith into Anderson, but it looks like it was the wrong decision.

Mata, world class, one of our best buys by Chelsea. Romeu once again quality but i've heard he wants to go back to Barcelona but it's probably bull shit. Lukaku, he's just like Torres, a goalscorer, he wont be able to do much if he comes on, he's for the future and should be loaned out. Meireles, good squad player, 13 million was probably too much but i think he can add something to the team if were not in struggle. But that was it, we needed more players, i'm happy with them but it wasn't enough, Meireles was needed in a way but as a squad player, we still lacked a centre back and should of sold alex if we were insisting on playing highline the whole season, and gotten a winger and a playmaker.

And about the transfer acitivity, when we are going to close in on a player, it's all over just like on Gary Cahill it was, at the moment with Eden Hazard etc it's all just the average paper rumour for me, but i'd be very happy if i was wrong about it, quality player.

It would be great to have overhauled the entire squad in the summer but it was unrealistic. Remember, AVB came in to this squad probably not having paid much attention to our last few seasons. He needed to decided who was surplus to requirement for himself. That meant spending time with the team, he couldn't just go out and start spending. Also, lets not forget he's been told he will not be shown the door and has time to build, so there was no mad rush on an overhaul, it also gave the players we already had time to prove themselves under AVBs philosophy.

As for the type of players you've listed, AVB has basically ticked all those boxes so far. With Cahill's arrival imminent, that leaves the one playmaker slot you hoped for empty. I'd say that's pretty good all things considered.

That's because Wenger doesn't want to spend the money you have to spend. He wont spend on anyone over 15 million, and Ferguson usually does get his players, this season i think he could of done with the centre mid, Sneijder might of been good or he might of been bad because he's been poor this season for Inter, though he has had injuries. Ferguson decided to put his faith into Anderson, but it looks like it was the wrong decision.

But it's not easy, and they usually wait for their target. Not with this "back up" plan just to buy a player for the sake of it.

If the right player is available and the price is right will buy. Otherwise no.

But it's not easy, and they usually wait for their target. Not with this "back up" plan just to buy a player for the sake of it.

If the right player is available and the price is right will buy. Otherwise no.

It's not for the sake of it, it's what was needed this season and it's been shown with the lack of creativity in midfield, Modric would of made huge difference and in my opinion we would of at least been 3rd at the moment but we still would of had defensive errors. If we can't buy Modric, then you buy another player of his type, one you also have faith in, you don't just wait till the next transfer window and see if we can sign him then, we shouldn't chase forever, we can probably buy him but that's with us spending a stupid 50 million.

It's not for the sake of it, it's what was needed this season and it's been shown with the lack of creativity in midfield, Modric would of made huge difference and in my opinion we would of at least been 3rd at the moment but we still would of had defensive errors. If we can't buy Modric, then you buy another player of his type, one you also have faith in, you don't just wait till the next transfer window and see if we can sign him then, we shouldn't chase forever, we can probably buy him but that's with us spending a stupid 50 million.

It is for the sake of it!

Ferguson was in for Sneijder and Nasri, but could not get him.

So because he could not get him he will buy some other player just to fill that gap?

No!

The same as with AVB here.

Well I am done talking with this topic because it's obivous that is not just AVB that operates like that, and if you can't see that then I can't argue no more.

It would be great to have overhauled the entire squad in the summer but it was unrealistic. Remember, AVB came in to this squad probably not having paid much attention to our last few seasons. He needed to decided who was surplus to requirement for himself. That meant spending time with the team, he couldn't just go out and start spending. Also, lets not forget he's been told he will not be shown the door and has time to build, so there was no mad rush on an overhaul, it also gave the players we already had time to prove themselves under AVBs philosophy.

As for the type of players you've listed, AVB has basically ticked all those boxes so far. With Cahill's arrival imminent, that leaves the one playmaker slot you hoped for empty. I'd say that's pretty good all things considered.

I'm pretty sure all managers analyse and watch what has happened over the last season, if not then that was stupid. And havent a few managers been told they have time to build already?, lets be realistic Roman will sack him if he doesn't finish top 4, and if we don't get the players what are needed i can't see us finishing top 4, if we did finish 4th we would have to be relying on others, and we shouldn't be in that position. The playmaker is a main priority in my opinion, and with Anelka gone too, who adds something to the team when he comes on we are going to need a winger who can come on and do something, because Malouda can't even pick up form.