Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

16 minutes ago, El P. said:

Only thing for sure is that we need one central defender

I'm not so sure about this anymore. Next season we will have Christensen, Zouma, Luiz, Azpi and Cahill for this position. If Ivanovic and/or Terry stay then we're set, if not, then we might need to look for a backup defender, but for starting positions I think we're covered for next season. Getting good wing-backs is a more pressing issue if we persist with 3 at the back, or at least proper covers for Alonso and Moses if they keep this form up and cement their places. At the moment we have none.

22 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'm not so sure about this anymore. Next season we will have Christensen, Zouma, Luiz, Azpi and Cahill for this position. If Ivanovic and/or Terry stay then we're set, if not, then we might need to look for a backup defender, but for starting positions I think we're covered for next season. Getting good wing-backs is a more pressing issue if we persist with 3 at the back, or at least proper covers for Alonso and Moses if they keep this form up and cement their places. At the moment we have none.

We might not need to look for long as we have Nathan Aké and Kenedy on our books.

2 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

I was talking about Nathan for a CB position potentially. No I don't think Pedro is a good option, neither is Ivanovic. Who would you think is a good option for RWB?

Honestly, I don't know. Ideally a natural full-back who has good stamina and is good at attacking. Know anybody who fits the bill? I'm not too familiar with full-backs right now, they aren't as interesting as midfielders or attackers :( Out of the current team I can only think of Willian, but he would be another makeshift WB like Moses. Ideally we'd have somebody natural there.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Honestly, I don't know. Ideally a natural full-back who has good stamina and is good at attacking. Know anybody who fits the bill? I'm not too familiar with full-backs right now, they aren't as interesting as midfielders or attackers :(

We used to have Cuadrado in our team...
However, I don't know either. Conte must do though, and I think he has some players in mind. I never thought Moses would become such an important part of our current XI playing as a RWB (even though I wanted him to stay this season) so you never know who might fit the bill.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Honestly, I don't know. Ideally a natural full-back who has good stamina and is good at attacking. Know anybody who fits the bill? I'm not too familiar with full-backs right now, they aren't as interesting as midfielders or attackers :( Out of the current team I can only think of Willian, but he would be another makeshift WB like Moses. Ideally we'd have somebody natural there.

I think that Willian is a natural RWB.  He's really good in the first 2/3 of the pitch.  His decision making in tight spaces around the box, leaves a bit to be desired.

11 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think that Willian is a natural RWB.  He's really good in the first 2/3 of the pitch.  His decision making in tight spaces around the box, leaves a bit to be desired.

Yeah, hope we try him out there some time. But judging by Conte's quote Pedro is more likely to play there, who knows, it might just work.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

3 more years and we have him back :worship2: What a genius loan that was.

He was loaned out for the fact that if another team wants to buy him, like for example Barca (who are weirdly linked with him), they have to pay Chelsea full and not Juventus.

Speaking of Cuadrado, what a foolish, sick making twat he is. Signs a contract with Chelsea, fully sane, but ends up being a little bitch that doesn't want to play for us and in England and wants to stay in Italy. You can blame Mourinho for it...PARTIALLY. Not even with his old club Fiorentina but with 1-horse-race-team Juventus. Conte wanted him to stay at Chelsea this season but the cunt wanted to return to Juventus and Italy. I hope he never comes back to SW6 as a Chelsea player. And if he comes as a Juve player in f.e. a UCL match I hope we beat 'em hard. Pisspoor menality that guy has.

Sorry if I sound too harsh on him but Conte wanted to give him a chance and wanted him to stay but he feels he's bigger than us so he can move back on what looks like a ridiculous loan move.

Oh, also: Cuadrado or Pedro/Willian? Yes, Cuadrado. And definitely under Conte. So it hurts extra much.

What about Henrikh Mkhitaryan for the right wing role? Rumours are telling that he might be on his way out of Manchester in January. Yeah I know he isn't in the same class as Robben/Bale/Griezmann/Dybala but he could still be a major upgrade from Willian and Pedro. And sure there's always a very small chance that he just can't perform in the Premier League but let's just remember how poorly KDB, Filipe Luis, and Cuadrado played when Mourinho was in charge. Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 formation is famous for being unsuitable for most footballers on the planet and Mkhitaryan could have a much better chance of succeeding in the more attacking role of 3-4-3.

15 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

What about Henrikh Mkhitaryan for the right wing role? Rumours are telling that he might be on his way out of Manchester in January. Yeah I know he isn't in the same class as Robben/Bale/Griezmann/Dybala but he could still be a major upgrade from Willian and Pedro. And sure there's always a very small chance that he just can't perform in the Premier League but let's just remember how poorly KDB, Filipe Luis, and Cuadrado played when Mourinho was in charge. Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 formation is famous for being unsuitable for most footballers on the planet and Mkhitaryan could have a much better chance of succeeding in the more attacking role of 3-4-3.

Don't think that'll happen and don't think Mou will sell to us and also not that quickly. But yeah...anything better than Willian.

Right winger is becoming an issue isn't it? Damn Cuadrado should've fuckin' stayed.

Cuadeado would have worked well in this system I  thimk but as mentioned hes not here (I didn't know it was because he wanted to leave. Thought it was because he never got game time pre season)

But yes RAM is  one of the 1st posituns we need upgrading. But we should have some spare cash if we get shot of some deadwood and players that wont sit around waiting for a different formation to be used.

Me, Id sell Osxar,Mikel,RLC,Iva and sadly Cescy as I just cant see how to use him unless its in a 3 man MF  in deep pocket. Hes one of our most creative players but I think Chalobah will work great with N'Golo.

We need WB options too cause right now we are in schtuck if Moses/Alonso are out.

I';m hoping Happy will recover as good as new but if mot wee need to ook at that. I really cant see Conte looking ast Christensen in with RLC/Aina/Chalobah already in. And Christensen will wamt time promised.

As for Mkhitaryanm I cant see why Mou wouldnt sell him us, He did after all sell our 1st keeper to our closest rivals.

On 01/11/2016 at 0:27 AM, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think Cuadrado should of only stayed with us as competition for the RWB spot.

He didn't want to be here, so good riddance. We only need players who want to fight for the cause, e.g. Moses.

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:

He didn't want to be here, so good riddance. We only need players are want to fight for the cause, e.g. Moses.

Fair enough.  I thought he wanted to leave because Jose never played him and he enjoyed himself at Juve.  If he just didn't want to play for us anymore, fine.

Porto's Layun would be the perfect Jan signing. An experienced, two-footed player who has experience playing on both flanks. So he could initially deputise for both Moses and Alonso while adjusting and settling in a new country. But eventually he'd compete for a spot in the first XI because he's a good player. Good pace, energetic, decent overall technique (former winger), very good crosser and takes set-pieces.

Chelsea are covered at the back with the current back three + Zouma, Ivanovic and Terry (Chalobah). Quality centre midfielders and forwards won't be available in the winter so you leave that for the summer. Jan isn't the time for marquee signings anyway because most players fail to make the necessary impact as they need time to adjust.

Though a versatile forward would be welcome. A player who can play up top and as a wide forward. Solanke is not a serious option and just Costa and Batshuayi is not enough. One (mildly) serious injury and you're left with just a single striker.

Bring back Aké and Kenedy for cover and sell/loan a few players (Oscar, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek) if possible. I would never sell Cesc in the winter. He can be useful this year.

So yeah, a wingback (Layun) and maybe a forward (I've always liked Arnautovic for that role though an U-21 and/or HG player would be ideal) in the winter window is enough. And bring in a left-footed wingback, centre midfielder and a right forward in the summer, along with the return of Christensen. Raphael Guerreiro (LWB), Tolisso (CM) and James (FW) would be my choices. The first two are brilliant talents and James, despite the recent dent in his reputation, is still an amazingly talented player. I'd pay silly money to bring in all three. Sure, I'd love the likes of Alaba, Verratti and Griezmann as well but that's not happening.

On 30/10/2016 at 9:36 PM, Fernando said:

I hope the club don't get complacent about how we are doing . We still need to spend. 

I agree are squad lacks quality squad and back up players for the 3-4-3 formation in the summer or January we need replace fabregas with powerful midfielder and JT and Ivan are done and Oscar needs to go and Pedro too