Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

12 minutes ago, mccg said:

Costa,Batman,Remy,Traore/Solanke/Tammy to choose from,i mentioned the need for CB,Azpil,Aina,Ivan yuk at rb,and blah blah keeper.If we do sign 4 the squad list will need to get shot of afew me thinks.

Remy will defo go unless we cant get another st in. Solanke will go back out on loan. Tammy wont be in the squad. Aina out on loan if we get two defenders. Begovic will go. Maybe mikel will go as well? cuadrado is off also. 

18 hours ago, Diego said:

He can see a severe lack of poise and anticipation in CM, FB, etc.  He knows this squad will not be able to control matches from the back and middle.  

I HOPE.

I feel myself verging on total apathy if the club doesn't fully support this manager's needs/requests. This feels like the last straw for me personally, as a fan who nearly doesn't give a fuck anymore. Either do it right now with this manager or fucking forget it, CFC.

4 minutes ago, mccg said:

To get another 4 new outfield players this season that will vastly improve us will be very hard(no Champs league)&or very expensive,CB is priority imho!

Yes. True. On one hand there's the flood of money into the market, plus, what I perceive as a general lack of quality in this generation of footballers.  We'll see if CFC can build something better from the back and MF under Conte though.

12 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

He can see a severe lack of poise and anticipation in CM, FB, etc.  He knows this squad will not be able to control matches from the back and middle.  

I HOPE.

I feel myself verging on total apathy if the club doesn't fully support this manager's needs/requests. This feels like the last straw for me personally, as a fan who nearly doesn't give a fuck anymore. Either do it right now with this manager or fucking forget it, CFC.

CFC, of course, are not going to forget it come what may and I hope you won't either. Indeed, on the asumption that you are suffering from the same bug as the rest of us, you won't be able to even if you want to.

What is it going to take to get some people thinking straight on this? The club wants the same thing we do. If it was a simple matter of bidding for the players we want, blowing every other club out of the water with the deals we offer and bringing in all of our targets we'd do it. Every club in the world would do it if it was that easy but I don't need to tell anybody here that it isn't that easy. If I told you I thought that was how the market works you'd all call me an idiot. The reality is that we are not the biggest beasts in the transfer market. Even if we offer the biggest fees some clubs turn us down, even if we offer the biggest contract some players turn us dowm.

Have I said anything that everyone doesn't know already? Of course I haven't so why do I have to read posts like this everyday?

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

CFC, of course, are not going to forget it come what may and I hope you won't either. Indeed, on the asumption that you are suffering from the same bug as the rest of us, you won't be able to even if you want to.

What is it going to take to get some people thinking straight on this? The club wants the same thing we do. If it was a simple matter of bidding for the players we want, blowing every other club out of the water with the deals we offer and bringing in all of our targets we'd do it. Every club in the world would do it if it was that easy but I don't need to tell anybody here that it isn't that easy. If I told you I thought that was how the market works you'd all call me an idiot. The reality is that we are not the biggest beasts in the transfer market. Even if we offer the biggest fees some clubs turn us down, even if we offer the biggest contract some players turn us dowm.

Have I said anything that everyone doesn't know already? Of course I haven't so why do I have to read posts like this everyday?

Because some of us have been waiting maybe 6-7 years for Chelsea do what "big" clubs do in the transfer windows: acquire quality and depth across the outfield. I would like to enjoy watching this club like that 2004/05 season or at other some other moments before and after. 

Time and frustration lead to online boards filled with expressions of disgust.

The other reaction is: watching progressively less and less football as years go by.

37 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Because some of us have been waiting maybe 6-7 years for Chelsea do what "big" clubs do in the transfer windows: acquire quality and depth across the outfield. I would like to enjoy watching this club like that 2004/05 season or at other some other moments before and after. 

Time and frustration lead to online boards filled with expressions of disgust.

The other reaction is: watching progressively less and less football as years go by.

Next month I celebrate my 50th anniverary as a Chelsea fan. I've learned a few things in that time.

Do you imagine the club does not want to support this manager, as you put it? Is that what you think? Given that it is not possible for you to think that, do you suppose they are doing anything less than their best to offer that support? They know the constraints, financial and otherwise, and they know the options they have within those. You don't know any of that yet you insist that the club are wrong anyway.

All I'm wanting you to accept is that the club knows the problems and wants to fix them. If they choose a particular player that you and I might not, then we'd be dissapointed but no two people, fans or professionals, would always assess players in the same way. I would never in a million, million years have signed Torres but Carlo wanted him. Someone has to decide, it was Carlo's job and so he made his choice.

Consider this, if you were in charge at Stamford Bridge, somebody else would be on here moaning about the choices you were making. The world is real, not ideal.

6 hours ago, Styles said:

I would genuinely rather keep Moses ahead of Kennedy. Kennedy is simply not good enough and really is a waste of a spot.

He's not good enough to become a top winger, I agree with that. He misses certain intangibles for that to happen. If he can work on his defensive game though he can be a valuable squad player. If he remolds his game to maybe becoming a wing back he has a brighter future IMO. 

Irregardless, Moses would block game time for Musonda and Boga who are definitely more talented.  

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Next month I celebrate my 50th anniverary as a Chelsea fan. I've learned a few things in that time.

Do you imagine the club does not want to support this manager, as you put it? Is that what you think? Given that it is not possible for you to think that, do you suppose they are doing anything less than their best to offer that support? They know the constraints, financial and otherwise, and they know the options they have within those. You don't know any of that yet you insist that the club are wrong anyway.

All I'm wanting you to accept is that the club knows the problems and wants to fix them. If they choose a particular player that you and I might not, then we'd be dissapointed but no two people, fans or professionals, would always assess players in the same way. I would never in a million, million years have signed Torres but Carlo wanted him. Someone has to decide, it was Carlo's job and so he made his choice.

Consider this, if you were in charge at Stamford Bridge, somebody else would be on here moaning about the choices you were making. The world is real, not ideal.

You're missing the point. Suddenly last decade Chelsea became a club with "big club" aspirations, so why don't we see better quality and depth in all outfield positions during the past 10 years (the way that Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve, etc. TRY to make up a roster for the 1st team)?

The fact that fans have criticism for a given club's decisions regardless is entirely different from failing to even behave like a "top club" in Europe with all the money that has been spent.

The best areas of the pitch to discuss this topic have been CM, fullback, and previously the attacking wide positions (after Robben and Duff, only Malouda). Big clubs like those in Spain at least make the effort to have quality and depth in fullback and CM. I haven't seen this at Chelsea during the past... IDK: pick a number of transfer windows that have gone by.

The 15/16 season was just the culmination and inflection point wherein the back line finally broke down while the CM and FB positions/depth remained weak.

How many more transfer windows does it take then, Greavsie, for CFC to look like the "big club" they pretend to be?  CFC could have started playing catch-up in the transfer window 4 summers ago. summer 2016 and now it's total mayhem with more money on the market, plus China buying.  Great decisions for the MF, FBs, etc. that we never bought for years now. 

If CFC don't get it right with this manager, I think the metaphorical window will be shutting, not just several more windows on mediocre transfer periods.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Give us a history lesson, how did the 80s treat Chelsea? :cig:

2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

You're missing the point. Suddenly last decade Chelsea became a club with "big club" aspirations, so why don't we see better quality and depth in all outfield positions during the past 10 years (the way that Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve, etc. TRY to make up a roster for the 1st team)?

The fact that fans have criticism for a given club's decisions regardless is entirely different from failing to even behave like a "top club" in Europe with all the money that has been spent.

The best areas of the pitch to discuss this topic have been CM, fullback, and previously the attacking wide positions (after Robben and Duff, only Malouda). Big clubs like those in Spain at least make the effort to have quality and depth in fullback and CM. I haven't seen this at Chelsea during the past... IDK: pick a number of transfer windows that have gone by.

The 15/16 season was just the culmination and inflection point wherein the back line finally broke down while the CM and FB positions/depth remained weak.

How many more transfer windows does it take then, Greavsie, for CFC to look like the "big club" they pretend to be?  CFC could have started playing catch-up in the transfer window 4 summers ago. summer 2016 and now it's total mayhem with more money on the market, plus China buying.  Great decisions for the MF, FBs, etc. that we never bought for years now. 

If CFC don't get it right with this manager, I think the metaphorical window will be shutting, not just several more windows on mediocre transfer periods.

Managers come and go too often for us and each manager wants their own players. Hence we get nowhere in the long term with improvements to the team. How long has Mikel been with us for example ? Plus we make lots of poor decisions with signings. Our good talents we sell to make a profit (Luiz, KDB, Schurrle, Lukaku) and the mediocre players we keep long term (Oscar, Willian, Mikel etc). 

Forget about quality in depth, for long stretches of time we don't even have quality starters in certain places i.e. playing Ramires in midfield.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The Preacher Man speaks again.bow down to the preacher man lol.Yeah but seriously preacher man i like your reply but ffs,hit your edit switch now n again tap tap boom!Its a forum not a interview 4 a job.

3 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Get some perspective ffs. What the f*** is wrong with you guys, can you look besides your nose and let's say, have a broader picture ?

I can't believe that I'm reading that in other clubs everything is intact but in Chelsea everything is collapsing. Have we signed the best midfielder in the Premier League in the last 7 days or I'm dreaming ?

Barca and United can't sign proper central defender for YEARS. Arsenal can't sign proper striker in ages. City and PSG are on financial doping, yet still can't say they're majorly successful and btw City are going through major revamp again after spending hundreds of millions in the last summers. Tbf only Juve and Bayern are clubs that we should aspire to but they're in league of their own (well, literally) so it's difficult to compare.

I think Barca have done well enough despite not signing a "proper" CB for a while.

I prefer to not compare Chelsea to Arsenal.