Hamilton
Followers 11

• Replies 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool and Dortmund have reached an agreement over the transfer of Reus. They've agreed it's never going to happen. [emoji23]

It reminds me the day when we signed Hector and Djilobodji on the same day.

David Moyes is that ugly bloke at the nightclub who gets to 2am and just tries chatting up every girl. Take a hint dude - no-one likes you.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Hernandez to WHU would be a great coup for them.

We should go in for Hernandez great wee goal scorer 

25 minutes ago, the wes said:

13mill release clause? buy 2 of them 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, the wes said:

Chicharito and Modeste. 40m and we would have a brand new strike force. Both 29 though so nothing for the future but still have 2-3 years at the top and  would easily get the goals Diego gets us. Would suffice for the league albeit not the CL. 

1 hour ago, mccg said:

13mill release clause? buy 2 of them 

In today's transfer market £13m is a bargain for little pea 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, the wes said:

In today's transfer market £13m is a bargain for little pea 

not mention he will defo at least two offside goals against us if he joins another team. If those 13m spare us the pain in the ass he is when playing against us, I will drive him to SW6 myself. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, the wes said:

No wonder city buying early cause they may be getting hit with a transfer ban

Very, very slim chance they'll get a ban in my opinion. FIFA & The FA signed off on the deal in the first place, so they clearly thought City's actions were in order. Then they turned down an appeal from the South American club. That means they heard the argument made by the club, presumably investigated, and then ruled in City's favour. After all of that it would seem a bit harsh for the world governing body to turn around and issue a ban and it would have to be FIFA who impose the ban, CAS has no power to do it.

The transfer in question concerned a 16 year old kind. As we know players under 18 are not allowed to be transferred internationally unless their family move countries for non-footballing reasons. The only exception is within the EU where EU laws say European citizens are entitled to work in any EU country. And this is where the controversy comes in. The lads family moved to Europe shortly before his 16th birthday where he acquired an Italian passport a few days later so facilitating the move to City. FIFA should have been aware of all of this, so the fact that they waived the transfer through makes hard to see how they can do a u-turn now.

Even if CAS find against City, I think the most likely outcome is a fine, not a ban, and financial compensation for the lad's original club. I think it'll be that way not least because I'm sure that's what the South Americans want.A ban for City, and a return of the player's registration is no good to them. They can't force the lad to sign a cntract with them, and if he doesn't he can just walk out of the club anyway. They would not be able to transfer him and profit in that way.

The EPL is beginning to scare me. We are entering an era where teams like Everton are signing 2-3 players within the space of one month like when Roman took over chelsea, and teams like southampton can stand their ground and say they are not selling bertand and VVD for any price. Teams are becoming either more and more equal to each other or more and more ambitious. It's scary.

Everton sign 2 in one day. Mancity and AFC B sign 2 within a month. Chelsea and Man Utd sign 1 within 2 months. Spurs and Arsenal sign 0 since everything began.(unless they have and i don't know of) (not talking about academy signings cause chelsea have signed about 3 so far)

I fear it will become too competitive and less attractive for players who just want to win a title in their career. They may  go for the PSG's and Bayerns because of sure CL qualification and a domestic cup, because every year 2 big teams will likely not qualify for CL in the EPL like this season. Lucky for Man U.

Every other league have their major teams qualify except the Serie A. They also have a situation like ours but not as bad. They have this funny clause on players being bought by fellow Serie A teams.

On 30/06/2017 at 5:47 PM, manpe said:

I know it's old news, but I just heard about it: Real Madrid sign 16-year-old Vinícius Júnior from Flamengo for £39.6m WTF :fainthv9:

Guy's the next big talent from Brazil - could be a bargain in years. 

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Guy's the next big talent from Brazil - could be a bargain in years. 

Or another Odegaard

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dahnald said:

Chelsea simply aren't a transfer force anymore. 

Calm your horses. Even if we aren't a force in the transfer market anymore, we are still number 1 in England. That's all that matters to me. 

• Like 2
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic
  • Jase locked and unlocked this topic