Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Chelsea have to get Fekir next year. An absolute must. Before EURO 2016. Ligue 1 has been good to us and Fekir would continue that fine tradition. In fact, I'm convinced he'd be up there with the best imports.

I absolutely love this guy's game. Genuine talent, the real deal.

It still pains me Chelsea didn't throw money at Lyon this summer, a la James Rodriguez to Real, Neymar to Barca or Sterling to City. I'll cry if he ends up at Barca, Real, PSG... any other team than Chelsea and tears will be shed. It won't be pretty.

Chelsea have to get Fekir next year. An absolute must. Before EURO 2016. Ligue 1 has been good to us and Fekir would continue that fine tradition. In fact, I'm convinced he'd be up there with the best imports.

I absolutely love this guy's game. Genuine talent, the real deal.

It still pains me Chelsea didn't throw money at Lyon this summer, a la James Rodriguez to Real, Neymar to Barca or Sterling to City. I'll cry if he ends up at Barca, Real, PSG... any other team than Chelsea.

Agree. But i think he just wants to stay another season to develop, and i think its the right decision. He knows he can make the big move next summer, and he's only 22. Hazard did the same after winning the league with Lille.

Imo its a very mature way to handle his career, the complete opposite of Sterling.

I love another Algerian btw, Yacine Brahimi. Really want us to sign one of those two.

Agree. But i think he just wants to stay another season to develop, and i think its the right decision. He knows he can make the big move next summer, and he's only 22. Hazard did the same after winning the league with Lille.

Imo its a very mature way to handle his career, the complete opposite of Sterling.

I love another Algerian btw, Yacine Brahimi. Really want us to sign one of those two.

The problem is the interest (and his price) will rise. Chelsea doesn't have that incredible attraction that makes top players/talents jump at the opportunity of joining. This summer was perfect. No Barca and Real. City busy with Sterling, PSG busy with Di Maria. Utd currently not in the market for a #10, Juve bought Dybala (probably too expensive for them anyway).

I'm sure he could've been convinced to join. But that's just me being selfish. I think staying another year at Lyon is a smart move as well.

I want to see him join so badly. He has it all. The first time I saw him I was already convinced.

The problem is the interest (and his price) will rise. Chelsea doesn't have that incredible attraction that makes top players/talents jump at the opportunity of joining. This summer was perfect. No Barca and Real. City busy with Sterling, PSG busy with Di Maria. Utd currently not in the market for a #10, Juve bought Dybala (probably too expensive for them anyway).

I'm sure he could've been convinced to join. But that's just me being selfish. I think staying another year at Lyon is a smart move as well.

I want to see him join so badly. He has it all. The first time I saw him I was already convinced.

I can't see Real and especially Barca going for him next summer, he would have to make a huge season for that to happen, both are covered in his positions. and without them i can see us getting him. I don't think any other team as "bigger attraction" than Mourinho's Chelsea, maybe Bayern (whose going to be without Pep probably). While he already said he would like to play outside France, when he'll make that big move.

Btw I doubt he'll play here as a 10, I think of him more in RW.

Okay, I'm going to take this opportunity to speak up here.. I only wrote briefly as a response to Alex in the "John Stones" thread, but here I go...

First of all. The 2-2 draw with Swansea.. if that is not the biggest wake-up call for us I don't know what is. I read an article just now from the Daily Mail of all places, and before anyone decides to strike me down for reading from such a "rotten" source, the article I was reading is actually right on of a lot things.

For example, it explained that we as a club are "falling backwards" by not recruiting new players, while everyone around us are improving. It doesn't take logic to work that out.. Jose's certainly worked that out for himself otherwise he wouldn't have looked pissed off on the touchline.. even the smaller clubs pose a threat to us now because they've vastly improved their squads, and in doing so, they offer a different philosophy.. and with a few clubs appointing new managers, that's a clear sign of that. Our squad looks too similar from last season, and if any club had learned anything from that, it would be to make drastic changes in order to match the strength we have.

We've literally done nothing... absolutely NOTHING! What exactly have we done in the transfer market? Let's see:

• Sell Petr Cech, a player who has vastly strengthened Arsenal (not right now), and "replaced" him with Stoke's Asmir Begovic (like for like it has to be said.. not really an improvement).
  • Falcao on loan from Monaco, whom I wasn't remotely a fan of us signing in the beginning, following his year at United. He's a big name don't get me wrong, but I've seen this happen too many times before.. in that we sign a player for big money (Sheva, Torres), hoping that he will set the stage alight, only to see them fall flat on their face. Thankfully, the Falcao deal is only a loan, but even that we've had to spend some money on, I think.

I've seen ourselves linked with a lot of players... Varane, Rudiger, Rahman, Stones, Witsel, Aranguiz.. any name available that could help us keep ticking over as a club, yet no deals have been made. Why? Because Mourinho seems confident in himself that because our team won the league last season, we can get away with a couple of replacements if people leave, make a bit more profit where possible, and keep playing the game we're so used to.

Sorry Jose, it doesn't work like that. Sometimes even the bigger clubs need to offer different strategies. If you go into each season with the exact same approach, while others already have the changes necessary to have learned from it, they're going to walk all over you.

To sum all of the above up! We don't offer anything new in terms of squad depth.. the fact that we have not won ANY of our last 6 matches within 90 minutes shows that.. while all of that has been going on, other clubs have spent money on strengthening their squads for the new season, while we've just stood there and watched... Mourinho seems to think because we're worthy of winning the league, there's no need for drastic change!!

We're fucked if we don't do something now! We have a month left, DO SOMETHING WITH IT JOSE!!

Not up to date on our finances but why does it feel like we're being super cautious regarding transfers when the likes of City can go out and spend nearly £100m on two players without selling anyone significant?

Been a weird summer so far. Not only have our rivals strengthened but the smaller teams are also bringing in good players & improving.

It's odd and some what mysterious as to why we have haven't bought anyone of real significance. Winning a title doesn't mean the job is done, the job is never done, it's about improving. I mean look at Stones and Baba who we are supposed to be pursuing closely- Yes they are being brought in for the future/back up but right now they won't come in and play, no chance. That back four of ours will remain the same until someone gets a serious injury and hands are forced, simple as.

The RW position is still the main problem along with a really solid CM. This window should of seen marked improvement in the team, up to now we have not even put a decent notch on the belt, it's looking stale in both transfer window and on the pitch. I said last week I hope the silence is the lull before the storm and we are waiting to pounce, but there are very little links to what areas need to be hugely improved.

This isn't moaning this is harsh reality.

So we get in 2 players for 50m who won't improve our first 11,won't win us any titles. We could as well play our own youth products in those positions who are not much worse but simply not as hyped and still win fa and/or coc this season. For more our squad is not good enough with or without baba and stones.