Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

agreed^^^ I'm beginning to doubt Cuadrado, Remy and Falcao while already seeing a lack of quality in CM for a while, doubting Costa long-term, and wondering about both depth and quality at RB and LB during the past year.

As much as people here will want to call the new poster above a "troll," I've been one to agree with the essence of what he's said season after season. Chelsea have yet to prove to me that they can play week after week like a side that builds attacks through quick, accurate passing on build-up and in quick transition. In other words, as blues.bridge suggests: not through individual talent so much, but through strong interplay on attacks. This is what I've been waiting to see since that 2004/2005 season. Sorry to offend anyone, but I've simply not seen enough of it from SW London. Most neutral fans around the world have the same view if they've seen enough to know.

We still need a LB, CM and winger, same as the start of the transfer window. Looks like we'll be addressing the LB slot as Luis is gone and Baba seems likely to come in, but it's quite disappointing how we haven't looked like signing a CM or a winger yet.

honestly, i think our winger options are decents. what we really really really need is a good CM (not aranguiz but witsel).

honestly, i think our winger options are decents. what we really really really need is a good CM (not aranguiz but witsel).

Tbh, apart from Hazard & Willian, our wingers aren't really good enough. Willian isn't really a winger either. Moses and Cuadrado aren't good enough, Bertrand Traore is an unknown quantity at PL level atm... I think it's almost as important as a CM in my opinion.

Tbh, apart from Hazard & Willian, our wingers aren't really good enough. Willian isn't really a winger either. Moses and Cuadrado aren't good enough, Bertrand Traore is an unknown quantity at PL level atm... I think it's almost as important as a CM in my opinion.

Moses has been the best winger for us during preseason. Need to give him a chance at least.

Moses has been the best winger for us during preseason. Need to give him a chance at least.

Doesn't mean much to me at all, he's been the best of a bad bunch... He'll get a chance but he isn't good enough to be a starter here IMO. Maybe okay to be a squad player here.

The main priorities are a LB (as we actually haven't got a natural LB), a CM as support for Fab and Matic and also a right winger. I appreciate that Moses has been good in pre-season, but he isn't going to get to the standard that we should have in our team in that position.

I would ship out Mikel (his time has past) and would look to loan out Cuadrado. I think Ramires is a vital player for us, albeit not good enough to start, as he has proven worthy in 'bigger' matches and therefore he is useful to have on the bench.

i am sorry but i cant agree with you on moses. the guy has shown time and time again that he has what it takes.

He has what it takes to be our number 1 winger alongside Hazard? Do you seriously believe that?

he has what it takes to be a very good backup in case willian gets injured.

if you are going to compare every possible winger option to hazard, i am sorry, you wont find ANY available options that are good enough to lace his boots.

Doesn't mean much to me at all, he's been the best of a bad bunch... He'll get a chance but he isn't good enough to be a starter here IMO. Maybe okay to be a squad player here.

I disagree. He's proven himself in the PL, he is fearless, strong, fast. He'd do wonders for us, but it's irrelevant cause we'll play with Willian-Oscar-Hazard.

I disagree. He's proven himself in the PL, he is fearless, strong, fast. He'd do wonders for us, but it's irrelevant cause we'll play with Willian-Oscar-Hazard.

What do you exactly disagree with, him being good enough to be our number one winger on the right or him just being a squad player here?

Even if he did cement the opportunity to become our first choice RW, would you be satisfied with Moses being our starting RW for the next couple of seasons?

If he performed at a high level, which he is capable of, then absolutely. It would give the club money to spend on a midfielder or defender.

If he performed at a high level, which he is capable of, then absolutely. It would give the club money to spend on a midfielder or defender.

Fair enough, but I just don't see him doing that. Can't ever see Victor Moses performing to a world class standard consistently and there will always be better players out there, but each to their own I suppose.

For me personally, Moses has done nothing to over impress me over pre season because I know exactly what sort of player he is.

Fair enough, but I just don't see him doing that. Can't ever see Victor Moses performing to a world class standard consistently and there will always be better players out there, but each to their own I suppose.

For me personally, Moses has done nothing to over impress me over pre season because I know exactly what sort of player he is.

Players can always improve. :) We're just so used to the opposite that we dont expect it anymore.