Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Promising is an understatement for Denayer he's a potential world class defender and I'd take him over any U23 defender including Varane and Stones at this point. He'll be starting for City later this year at age 20

And with Kompany and Mangala from last season (+Demichelis) it's not very hard to be the better than them

Roman Abramovich attended the wedding of Jorge Mendes over the weekend along with some of the most powerful men in football including the presidents or owners of all of Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and PSG. Transfer chitter-chatter over the very finest canapés, a great secret mission for Abramovich.

Just like his mission to get Witsel eh.

Jose Mourinho and Chelsea could regret lack of transfer activity

http://www.espnfc.com/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2546492/jose-mourinho-chelsea-transfers

whilst we are looking at strengthening defensively.

need to address the glaring issue in central midfield before the season starts, the quality after Fabregas/Matic is miles apart. otherwise not looking forward to deja vu in Europe / sitting back against 10 men at home.

SSN news this morning are doing 92 Live and Jim White said they will speaking with Jose this morning and other Chelsea players, not only that but there will be some breaking transfer news.

Probably shite but you never know.

Promising is an understatement for Denayer he's a potential world class defender and I'd take him over any U23 defender including Varane and Stones at this point. He'll be starting for City later this year at age 20

I can see your excitement for Denayer...but let's wait for him to play 10-15 games for City before saying he's better than Varane

Roman Abramovich attended the wedding of Jorge Mendes over the weekend along with some of the most powerful men in football including the presidents or owners of all of Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and PSG. Transfer chitter-chatter over the very finest canapés, a great secret mission for Abramovich.

Just like his mission to get Witsel eh.

CR, Griezmann, Otamendi and Verratti rumours coming up :ph34r:

But I would've put Bamford's development ahead of Atsu's in all honesty.

I'd say they're around the same level. Atsu stagnated last year but did well last summer in the WC didn't he and is probably more experienced which perhaps Bournemoyth wanted. And perhaps Bournemouth wanted a wide man from us and Chelsea want Bamford to be on loan and playing central. Could be a million reasons though.

I didnt have a huge problem with our squad, i mean i still think we'll win PL, and imo with a better method for the big games we have a chance of reaching Semi-Finals in CL (and than who knows, its CL), but, transfer windows are there for a reason.

If your squad isnt perfect, and you dont have quality alternative solutions, you should make signings. Our midfield could work, but bringing a CM and maybe another AM would have make our squad so much better, with better alternatives.

Right now, Mourinho is betting heavily on Matic, Cesc, Oscar, Willian, Hazard, and worryingly on Ramires.

I wish that we'll surprisingly finish the window with Witsel, Baba and maybe Stones. That would make me happy tbh. Without a midfielder its a disappointment.