Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Are football fans always this naive & dismissive of other teams? You think Arsenal will go on forever without challenging for the title? Throwing out baseless & cringeworthy lines like mental strength & grit is ridiculously short-sighted. They can actually keep their best players unlike a few years ago, they've went from signing average/marginal talent like Gervinho, Benayoun to World Class players like Ozil, Sanchez, it looks like they've finally found their solution in DM with Coquelin & we can no longer throw the trophyless jibes at them considering they've won trophies in successive seasons now. The only remaining question is can they keep their best players fit for long periods? If Cesc, Oscar, Costa & JT all missed large portions of the season where would we have finished exactly?

And I said better SQUAD which is undeniable. Comparing player vs player is entirely subjective & pointless, we undoubtedly have the superior names but there's no question they have the squad depth we severely lack. Ours is bare thin after the first XI which is why our starters were forced to play so many minutes while they have first XI quality players like Wilshere, Walcott, Chamberlain etc in reserve.

Like I said Jose's not stupid.

Mourinho on if Cech can join Arsenal - "My answer would be no way, but if the owner has a different answer, I have to accept".

He'll be wary of Arsenal's challenge since he's thinking with his head not heart. Handing them a World Class keeper on a platter would be idiotic. That's unless the striker, defender & midfielder we're supposedly after are Benzema, Pogba & Thiago Silva anyway.

Are football fans always this naive & dismissive of other teams? You think Arsenal will go on forever without challenging for the title? Throwing out baseless & cringeworthy lines like mental strength & grit is ridiculously short-sighted. They can actually keep their best players unlike a few years ago, they've went from signing average/marginal talent like Gervinho, Benayoun to World Class players like Ozil, Sanchez, it looks like they've finally found their solution in DM with Coquelin & we can no longer throw the trophyless jibes at them considering they've won trophies in successive seasons now. The only remaining question is can they keep their best players fit for long periods? If Cesc, Oscar, Costa & JT all missed large portions of the season where would we have finished exactly?

And I said better SQUAD which is undeniable. Comparing player vs player is entirely subjective & pointless, we undoubtedly have the superior names but there's no question they have the squad depth we severely lack. Ours is bare thin after the first XI which is why our starters were forced to play so many minutes while they have first XI quality players like Wilshere, Walcott, Chamberlain etc in reserve.

Like I said Jose's not stupid.

Mourinho on if Cech can join Arsenal - "My answer would be no way, but if the owner has a different answer, I have to accept".

He'll be wary of Arsenal's challenge since he's thinking with his head not heart. Handing them a World Class keeper on a platter would be idiotic. That's unless the striker, defender & midfielder we're supposedly after are Benzema, Pogba & Thiago Silva anyway.

Whilst I agree with the overall premise of your post, regarding Arsenal as title contenders for me is a too premature. There's only one reason I believe that, Arsene Wenger. He deserves respect as a pioneer of the game but his stubbornness will continue to be his downfall. Sure he's got the guys like Ozil & Sanchez but the buck stops there when it comes to world-class players. He'll make 1 a season to appease fans and that will never amount to a title challenge unless he retains and keeps adding every season (and on current rate, that would take another 2 years at least). But, if they change managers before then, then we'll have a problem.

You're right about Cech going there though, he's another world-class player to add to their roster and that shouldn't be taken lightly. In my eyes the club should do everything it can to prevent Petr going to Arsenal or any PL rival to be honest.

2. He is going to bring in 3 players- a defender (ideally a pacy center back), a midfielder (ideally a proper right winger) and a striker (to provide some competition and backup for Remy and Costa).

I think midfielder will be a CM. If he wanted a wide player, he would have said winger instead.

@Unionjack

Why are you worried with what Jose has said? I am pretty satisfied with his evaluation of our needs. Combining various sources, interviews so far 2 things are crystal clear-

1. Jose acknowledges that what's not broken doesn't need fixing. This is a title winning squad. There's no need for major overhaul. The priority is to keep the players we have won the title with.

2. He is going to bring in 3 players- a defender (ideally a pacy center back), a midfielder (ideally a proper right winger) and a striker (to provide some competition and backup for Remy and Costa).

If the window goes like how Jose has said he envisions it to go, it would be a pretty good window. We would've attained depth and genuine quality on the bench or in the XI to challenge on all fronts. Let me get this straight- it is not sensible to advocate wholesome changes to any squad let alone a title winning squad. I know lots of us would designate selling Mikel, Ramires, Cuadrado, Luis and buying Reus, Schniderlin, Varane, Benteke a desirable window but that happens in FIFA only. A squad needs fringe players like Mikel and Ramires. No matter how much we would like to see 2 world class options for every position- that's never going to happen in the real world.

We may not be broken but we do have a couple of bad sprains in places. We may be a winning team but one that a couple of upgrades wouldnt hurt at all. You say that having 2 world class players for every position doesnt happen in the real world. Why? Maybe not every position but a couple of strikers pushing each other (specially one with dodgy legs) would be great. As for us needing Mikel and Ramires then you have them cause I dont want them. They have had a few good times with us which I thank them for but if we want to progress in Europe we really do need to get rid of some waste.

I realize we dont have the magnetism of United/Barca/RM/BM even dare I say Gooners and Juve but we got a few quid in the bank so why not spend a bit to boister the 1st team instead of more kids and ones to go straight onto the loanagoround. Im not saying to rebuild from scratch but if you say we dont need to upgrade some players I will call you bonkers.

If Arsenal actualy gets rumoured Jackson and Scheniderlin, us giving Cech to arsenal too could give them hell of alot chances to win title.

They spent 50mio twice in row now, so Jackson for 30 and Scheniderlin for 25 isnt impossible for them.

Cech is no Mata that we could sell to rival. He is winner, world class GK and will give the massive boost in title race.

People shouldnt be naive when it comes to football. Atletico managed to beat of two fantastic sides last year in laliga. Arsenal if they manage to keep their players fit and bring 1/2 top players in, will be at least 2nd next year IMO.

Khedira signs for Juventus on a free from Madrid.

Just saw on WAGNH. What a shame. I really thought we might have made an agreement with him last season. He would have added some great depth for us.

Its going to go bonkers now about The Pog. Silly season times 2.

"We have to improve. If we have the same team the other teams will be better than us," Mourinho said.

If I keep Eden Hazard, Nemanja Matic, Branislav Ivanovic, Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas - for us that's the first target.

"I think we need three (new) players. A striker because we lost our legend (Didier Drogba), a defender and a midfield player.

"It will give a little bit more competitiveness to the squad, bring some new blood in, put some players a little bit under pressure. They know they have someone waiting, I need that to support my way of working.

"Now they're the champions I need that but basically the same squad, the same team, the same manager and stability in the club."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9879816

A defender and a midfielder is vague. Could be a new CB, could be a Luis replacement, could be an added defender for depth since there are only 6 senior defenders in the squad. Midfielder could be a centre midfielder or an attacking midfielder. Like Sheva already said, I don't think it's a wide man. He would've said winger or forward. Striker is clear, with Falcao as one of the targets.

Mourinho must have watched the France-Belgium game. I wouldn't mind Witsel as the new midfielder at all. I'd love a new CB, Otamendi being my choice. But it could be Alderweireld looking at the links. Would be a strange signing, unless he actually sees a starter in him. Toby left Atletico because he wasn't a starter, I doub't he'd join for a squad role. Mourinho barely rotates. Or there's simply no interest at all.

And he says these are his targets now, but he could change his mind later on. But it would be nice if business could be done early.

Please name me one player from Arsenal's starting eleven who is better than Chelsea's?

Maybe their depth is better, but that's all. Just my opinion.

Arsenal fans say Alexis is better than Hazard[emoji24] [emoji23]

Probably Milan, read that Galliani has arrived in Portugal last night to conclude the deal. And he will try to sign Brahimi as well.

What's with Milan spending money now? Those would be solid signings, shame that Porto squad is getting ripped apart though.

Mourinho must have watched the France-Belgium game. I wouldn't mind Witsel as the new midfielder at all

Nainggolan would be much, much better imo.

But we're almost in the middle of June and still there arent any links to any CM.

About Jose's words, "Midfielder" could mean AM, but CM seems like the even more important issue i think, doesnt mean we wont bring a Winger since Cuadrado could leave.

A defender and a midfielder is vague. Could be a new CB, could be a Luis replacement, could be an added defender for depth since there are only 6 senior defenders in the squad. Midfielder could be a centre midfielder or an attacking midfielder. Like Sheva already said, I don't think it's a wide man. He would've said winger or forward. Striker is clear, with Falcao as one of the targets.

Mourinho must have watched the France-Belgium game. I wouldn't mind Witsel as the new midfielder at all. I'd love a new CB, Otamendi being my choice. But it could be Alderweireld looking at the links. Would be a strange signing, unless he actually sees a starter in him. Toby left Atletico because he wasn't a starter, I doub't he'd join for a squad role. Mourinho barely rotates. Or there's simply no interest at all.

And he says these are his targets now, but he could change his mind later on. But it would be nice if business could be done early.

Otamendia , Witsel, Falcao sounds like a plan even though I am not a fan of any of those. IMO Jose for sure has not yet included the replacements for possible leavers in his list, exp considering luis and cech leaving we will sign backups.

As for all ManUtd's money with the fees they pay the only one they strengthen is the clubs they buy from. There are simply are not many real world class players available atm.

Jose today hinted at a swap deal regarding Cech to Arsenal. The thing is, even if they give us Sanchez, their best player by far, they are still better off. Cech wins you titles, raising his performance in big games, whereas Sanchez.... Does any of you think a swap deal would be realistic? And if so what player would you want, how about Ramsay bolton ..err.. aaron ramsey?