Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Otamendia , Witsel, Falcao sounds like a plan even though I am not a fan of any of those. IMO Jose for sure has not yet included the replacements for possible leavers in his list, exp considering luis and cech leaving we will sign backups.

As for all ManUtd's money with the fees they pay the only one they strengthen is the clubs they buy from. There are simply are not many real world class players available atm.

Jose today hinted at a swap deal regarding Cech to Arsenal. The thing is, even if they give us Sanchez, their best player by far, they are still better off. Cech wins you titles, raising his performance in big games, whereas Sanchez.... Does any of you think a swap deal would be realistic? And if so what player would you want, how about Ramsay bolton ..err.. aaron ramsey?

I would take Aaron Ramsey, I've always admired the way he plays and if the club can keep him healthy his workrate, goal scoring ability and technique would help Chelsea dominate games.

Matic-Cesc-Ramsey is as good and versatile it gets in midfield.

A defender and a midfielder is vague. Could be a new CB, could be a Luis replacement, could be an added defender for depth since there are only 6 senior defenders in the squad. Midfielder could be a centre midfielder or an attacking midfielder. Like Sheva already said, I don't think it's a wide man. He would've said winger or forward. Striker is clear, with Falcao as one of the targets.

Mourinho must have watched the France-Belgium game. I wouldn't mind Witsel as the new midfielder at all. I'd love a new CB, Otamendi being my choice. But it could be Alderweireld looking at the links. Would be a strange signing, unless he actually sees a starter in him. Toby left Atletico because he wasn't a starter, I doub't he'd join for a squad role. Mourinho barely rotates. Or there's simply no interest at all.

And he says these are his targets now, but he could change his mind later on. But it would be nice if business could be done early.

Defender = CB, 100%.

Midfielder - Imbula, Kondogbia, Allan, Schneiderlin, Nainggolan, Witsel I think someone from this bunch. I probably forget about others but at least one of them is attainable. And when Mourinho thinks about CM then it comes as a replacement to Mikel/Ramires.

And I wouldn't count a striker as a clear upgrade when you only think about replacing Drogba ... Unless Remy leaves.

I'm sure there will be more to that. We're already short on attacking midfielders with 4 at the moment but we had 6 of them in Mourinho first season in 2013. I think the number will be 5. Also Cuadrado may leave. Salah may opt out of his loan with Montella sacking yesterday. Moses will leave. When 3 of them leave they can jointly subsidize great portion of "a star" player cost like Di Maria/Sterling/Griezmann. Or watch us swapping Cech for Walcott.

And finally still think that Oscar may leave if that helps getting Pogba/Koke. Mourinho will surely be all for that. Him substituting Oscar at half-time against 10man PSG is all-time proof that Oscar place is there for taking.

@Unionjack

Who are you looking to replace Mikel and Ramires with? I recognize their contribution hasn't been consistent but they are squad players. They are meant to be like that- good rotation options but far from world class capability. Look at the winners of last 5 champions league winners. All of them had squad/fringe players-

2015- Adriano, Bartra, Rafinha

2014- Probably the only team with only 1 squad player- Illaramendi. But this squad was one of the most expensively assembled ever. We don't have the resources to spend like that in the FFP era.

2013- Van Buyten, Tymoschuk, Gustavo, Pizzaro

2012- Well our whole squad was filled with "mediocre" work horses.

2011- Keita, Adriano, Bojan, Afellay

To traverse the whole course of season squad players are a must. These players are far from world class ability- then again, they are not meant to be. They are meant to do a job just as the manager instructs them to do plus not particularly mind if they don't get regular minutes. It is very enticing to think of a situation where we replace Mikel and Ramires with Pogba and Schniderlin but then who would you bench?

Having said that I would replace either Mikel or Ramires (not both Mikel and Ramires) with a deep-lying playmaker who would be happy to spend quite a few games on the bench. Gundogan or Schniderlin seems ideal.

I do think we need upgrades but we shouldn't look for expensive options that would be unhappy when they are not getting regular minutes.

Griezmann seems more unlikely day by day. Reus to stay with Dortmund forever. I am not sure about Sterling. It seems we have to accept that we won't sign any winger, if Cuadrado stay.

Don't Douglas Costa me.

I think when Jose says: "We are going to make two or three signings in the summer market." He is talking about AT LEAST two or three signings. But when the summer progresses the market can change those words depending of the players that we're going to sell.

For example, if Filipe leaves or stays, if we got a good offer or not in exchange for Oscar, if Mikel decides to go to another team to have more prominence, if Ramires ...

About the sales of our players, I think Peter Cech will asked to leave this summer (I would like he would stay with us, anyway), and Cuadrado probably also will leaves, but this week I read in Spain that he wants to stay and that he would go alone to Barcelona (but Barcelona has renewed Dani Alves and has signed this week Aleix Vidal). It is curious but in Catalonia always talk about Cuadrado as Right-Back, not as Right-Winger.

I think the main objectives are: one goalkeeper (a veteran or a young guy), a pure forward (Radamel Falcao) and I doubt between a midfielder or an right winger.

Fabregas probably will play next season near to Matic in midfield. With Willian, Oscar and RLC fighting for position No. 10.

But if Oscar is gone, with that money we can try to sign a player like Koke, Pogba or Gundogan. I would sign Koke with closed eyes, but his move seems totally impossible right now.

In the last match of the post season matches Ruben Loftus-Cheek played in the position of No. 10 and I thought he had a great performance in that role. Liberated and much better movement in the grass.

Courtois

Zouma John Terry ©

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Fabregas Matic

????? WIllian, Oscar or RLC Hazard

Diego Costa

Regards to ALL.

Nainggolan would be much, much better imo.

But we're almost in the middle of June and still there arent any links to any CM.

About Jose's words, "Midfielder" could mean AM, but CM seems like the even more important issue i think, doesnt mean we wont bring a Winger since Cuadrado could leave.

I disagree. Radja is good, but I rate Witsel higher. The former is more aggressive and strong in tackling, but is inferior on the ball. Witsel is much better when it comes to holding the ball (crucial because of the current options in midfield) and in his passing, and he has the advantage of height, strength and aerial prowess. He has a really nice blend of height, power and technique.

My comment was merely based on Mourinho's words. Cuadrado possibly leaving is pure speculation.

Otamendia , Witsel, Falcao sounds like a plan even though I am not a fan of any of those. IMO Jose for sure has not yet included the replacements for possible leavers in his list, exp considering luis and cech leaving we will sign backups.

As for all ManUtd's money with the fees they pay the only one they strengthen is the clubs they buy from. There are simply are not many real world class players available atm.

Jose today hinted at a swap deal regarding Cech to Arsenal. The thing is, even if they give us Sanchez, their best player by far, they are still better off. Cech wins you titles, raising his performance in big games, whereas Sanchez.... Does any of you think a swap deal would be realistic? And if so what player would you want, how about Ramsay bolton ..err.. aaron ramsey?

I'd take Ramsey, I rate him. Don't think Wenger is stupid enough to let him go. But I do agree with Mou on taking a player from a rival if they want Cech. Should also help in scaring them away a little.

Defender = CB, 100%.

Midfielder - Imbula, Kondogbia, Allan, Schneiderlin, Nainggolan, Witsel I think someone from this bunch. I probably forget about others but at least one of them is attainable. And when Mourinho thinks about CM then it comes as a replacement to Mikel/Ramires.

And I wouldn't count a striker as a clear upgrade when you only think about replacing Drogba ... Unless Remy leaves.

I'm sure there will be more to that. We're already short on attacking midfielders with 4 at the moment but we had 6 of them in Mourinho first season in 2013. I think the number will be 5. Also Cuadrado may leave. Salah may opt out of his loan with Montella sacking yesterday. Moses will leave. When 3 of them leave they can jointly subsidize great portion of "a star" player cost like Di Maria/Sterling/Griezmann. Or watch us swapping Cech for Walcott.

And finally still think that Oscar may leave if that helps getting Pogba/Koke. Mourinho will surely be all for that. Him substituting Oscar at half-time against 10man PSG is all-time proof that Oscar place is there for taking.

A new player for the '3' would make sense. But don't forget Fabregas counts as a option for behind the striker. A new centre midfielder would offer the option of moving him there permanently or for rotation/tactical changes. We'll see what happens.

Oscar's not going anywhere. I don't believe that all. Mourinho loves Oscar. He sees star potential in him. It would take a Mata/Luiz-esque offer to contemplate selling him.

He subbed Oscar in this particular game because he was on a yellow, but was still flying around and making tackles. He had also already gotten Ibra sent off, and the PSG players clearly would milk any fouls he committed. Overall, it was one of his better games since January.

I don't think he'll leave though, Mourinho claimed he can make a big evolution next season and has always supported him since he returned. Oscar also does not cry when he's left out, and i'm sure Mou likes that about him.

I'll just leave this here:

Juve's current central midfield options of Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio and Khedira cost a total of 8 million Euros...THAT's what I call bloody good business!

Vidal's transfer fee when he went from Leverkusen to Juve was somewhere between 10 and 12m Euros (not sure how many add-ons Bayer received), but yeah, your point still stands.

I disagree. Radja is good, but I rate Witsel higher. The former is more aggressive and strong in tackling, but is inferior on the ball. Witsel is much better when it comes to holding the ball (crucial because of the current options in midfield) and in his passing, and he has the advantage of height, strength and aerial prowess. He has a really nice blend of height, power and technique.

My comment was merely based on Mourinho's words. Cuadrado possibly leaving is pure speculation.

I'd take Ramsey, I rate him. Don't think Wenger is stupid enough to let him go. But I do agree with Mou on taking a player from a rival if they want Cech. Should also help in scaring them away a little.

A new player for the '3' would make sense. But don't forget Fabregas counts as a option for behind the striker. A new centre midfielder would offer the option of moving him there permanently or for rotation/tactical changes. We'll see what happens.

Oscar's not going anywhere. I don't believe that all. Mourinho loves Oscar. He sees star potential in him. It would take a Mata/Luiz-esque offer to contemplate selling him.

Believe me, Nainggolan is much much better than Witsel on the ball.

so now mental grit and fighting spirit are useless terms?? great... lets all play that fancy football without a damn care in the world. i guess jose was spot on in his award ceremony speech and other interviews he has done this post season.

again, if arsenal's SQUAD IS SO FAR BETTER than ours then why did they end up 12 points behind us in a 38 game league? 38 games requires "squad strength" does not it.

why is it that year after year arsenal have an injury problem? i guess its all co-incidental for the brilliant footballing minds coming up with such awesome opinions.

I dont know about that. I mean, Maybe Nainggolan is slightly inferior on the ball, but not for an important amount anyway. Nainggolan is technical, a good passer and could get out of trouble (pressing) in midfield with his dribble, power and ball control. I would say he's better than Matic on the ball, which for me suggests its good enough. Witsel is very calm and easy to look when on the ball, and a good CM off course, but tbh i never rated him too much, rarely i've seen him really dominates the midfield. When i saw Zenit in CL in the last 2-3 seasons he wasnt even the dominant CM in Zenit, he was always like 'the other CM who's easy to look at but things wont go through him, it would go through the Russian no-name besides him'.

When i see Nainggolan in Seria A (when he clearly was one of the best midfielders this season), i see a mature player, someone who could take the lead, and also a real fighter... i cant see all of that in Witsel, and i actually think he's far away from Radja if im honest, but you probably see him differently..

I would take Aaron Ramsey, I've always admired the way he plays and if the club can keep him healthy his workrate, goal scoring ability and technique would help Chelsea dominate games.

Matic-Cesc-Ramsey is as good and versatile it gets in midfield.

I would take last year's Ramsey any day. But this year he wasnt nearly enough consistent. Then there are injuries.

I would take last year's Ramsey any day. But this year he wasnt nearly enough consistent. Then there are injuries.

Every Arsenal player these days seems to be injured at least 2 months per season, though.