Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

No doubt they will have a few decent players and they should! Its Manchester Utd! but I can't muster up the energy to look at that current roster even with large spending in the summer and feel at all threatened. They don't have a talisman...

How dare you discount the White Pele?

I mean who makes these fucking rules???? So Barca have a "transfer ban" but they can sign anybody they want and just not register them till January??? What is the point of calling it a transfer ban??

I mean who makes these fucking rules???? So Barca have a "transfer ban" but they can sign anybody they want and just not register them till January??? What is the point of calling it a transfer ban??

It isn't a transfer ban. Only the media call it a transfer ban. It is and always has been a ban on registering new players. The exact same we had with the whole Kakuta fiasco.

It's an obscene amount but FFP doesn't come in to it for United; they're just spending what they make. Their £750 million, 10 year deal with Adidas kicks in next month, which will be the icing on an already doughy cake.

That's why it is a joke.

How could it be "fair" that one top club in a country could spend £200M and others have to sell to spend, or could just spend around £50M?

This will only largen the gap between these traditional big clubs and other clubs. Eventually it will lead to monopoly in football.

We had to sell big names to buy, but how many big games will we have left to sell in the end? CFC were smart to invent the loaning system, to create extra money.

They better do something about this, maybe introduce categories with net spend caps.

That's why it is a joke.

How could it be "fair" that one top club in a country could spend £200M and others have to sell to spend, or could just spend around £50M?

This will only largen the gap between these traditional big clubs and other clubs. Eventually it will lead to monopoly in football.

We had to sell big names to buy, but how many big games will we have left to sell in the end? CFC were smart to invent the loaning system, to create extra money.

They better do something about this, maybe introduce categories with net spend caps.

They can spend because they earn it -- you can spend a billion pounds if your earnings are more than that. But it's true that FFP only maintains the status quo, preventing another Chelsea or Man City. If they honestly want to improve competitiveness, a wage cap is the way to go.

They can spend because they earn it -- you can spend a billion pounds if your earnings are more than that. But it's true that FFP only maintains the status quo, preventing another Chelsea or Man City. If they honestly want to improve competitiveness, a wage cap is the way to go.

Yep they should do something about it.

In business you need to invest before you can earn more money, how could it be fair to limit you spending your own money?

United, Real, Barca, Bayern etc have all spended a lot in the past to build their current status. The FFP prevent others to have the same build up, so it's not really "fair".

I think they are starting to realise that this is not a good system. Europe with only 5-6 dominant forces is not attractive at all.

Maybe categorize the clubs and have different spending maximums and maximum losses per category. And what you said, maybe a wage cap.

Mourinho says we will make around 3 signings to improve squad, and we will have plenty of money. So rest assured

And with the players we shall be selling (because they were bought in error or because their faces dont fit or just dont seem to be Joses cup of tea) eg Filipe,Cuadrado,Remy. So that means if we get the 3 players we shall be 1 less player than this season with our already small squad.

We needed to add 5 more players IMHO

You think we won't make top 4? :carlo: In what scenario would we not make top 4? I think even in unrealistic scenarios such as lose Hazard and not sign any replacement and still make top 4 comfortably.

It depends on which players decide to be on form and for how long.We have a few players that decided to go into hibernation mode post December which didnt help us at all. If they decide to be off for a bit longer then we got no chance. It was only because we played so well when the others were not we had such a big buffer built up. If we go into next season with the same lads as this season we have trouble.

Hearing rumours of Zlatan leaving PSG...

Hopefully we try to sign him

Last 'links' are to the gooners.

That's why it is a joke.

FFP protects Chelsea, why are you worried ?

FFP protects Chelsea, why are you worried ?

Yeah we were lucky to catch the last speed boat to the big clubs island.

But I was just discussing the FFP in general, it's not "fair" at all. It's bad for football, one elite club like United can have a net spend of 3-4 clubs combined, fighting for the same trophies. In the EPL the gap is smaller because of the premierleague money, but still United could easily outbid others when they want. For example buying Di Maria for £65m and luke shaw for £37m?

It's like telling a new group of students to have an exam at the same date as students who joined 5 months earlier. And only the students with the best results will pass the exam.

Yeah we were lucky to catch the last speed boat to the big clubs island.

But I was just discussing the FFP in general, it's not "fair" at all. It's bad for football, one elite club like United can have a net spend of 3-4 clubs combined, fighting for the same trophies. In the EPL the gap is smaller because of the premierleague money, but still United could easily outbid others when they want. For example buying Di Maria for £65m and luke shaw for £37m?

It's like telling a new group of students to have an exam at the same date as students who joined 5 months earlier. And only the students with the best results will pass the exam.

The gap between PL clubs will shrink with the new TV deal in 2016 where the 20th placée team will get 90 million pounds and each place up gets more. Of course those clubs won't have the shirt sales but if a club performs well they can move up.

It isn't a transfer ban. Only the media call it a transfer ban. It is and always has been a ban on registering new players. The exact same we had with the whole Kakuta fiasco.

I think there are different punishments. One being the registration ban and the other being an out and out transfer ban... Still it seems like a whole lot of bullshit if you ask me.

Their President said this but a couple days ago "We are forbidden to recruit players until January, so I can't talk about it."

Yet they aren't forbidden in signing Vidal?? Bullshit

Am I the only one that legitimately can't understand why we would sell Cech to Arsenal? I know football fans love to dismiss them because it is Arsenal & Wenger after all but the law of averages suggests they'll get it right eventually & what better way to start than acquiring one of the greatest goalkeepers of the modern era? Hell, I'd argue that even without Cech they currently have a far better squad than us right now.

I say we forever alienate Cech and force him to either join United if De Gea does indeed leave or sell him abroad. We simply can't hand our #1 title challenger a Legendary goalkeeper on a plate. The increase in quality from Ospina/Szczesny to Cech is way too huge.

I simply can't see Jose cosigning this decision.

Am I the only one that legitimately can't understand why we would sell Cech to Arsenal? I know football fans love to dismiss them because it is Arsenal & Wenger after all but the law of averages suggests they'll get it right eventually & what better way to start than acquiring one of the greatest goalkeepers of the modern era? Hell, I'd argue that even without Cech they currently have a far better squad than us right now.

I say we forever alienate Cech and force him to either join United if De Gea does indeed leave or sell him abroad. We simply can't hand our #1 title challenger a Legendary goalkeeper on a plate. The increase in quality from Ospina/Szczesny to Cech is way too huge.

Agreed. Honestly think they have a better an equal squad to ours certainly more depth. If they add an dm and another CF it's definitely better than ours. Plus there is no way they will have the same luck with injuries this year.