Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

This is what a United fan thinks we should do, and I have to say I agree completely with his suggestions. Here's hoping the board do too!

He isn't the first to say that... It's what most people on here have been screaming for over these last few months... A LB, a CM and a ST.

He isn't the first to say that... It's what most people on here have been screaming for over these last few months... A LB, a CM and a ST.

We just have to hope that José and the board agree with us about needing another midfielder. I have serious concern that we won't address the issue and will continue on with Lamps being an important player for us. Hope he and Mikel are both replaced.

Edit: Wow, James. We posted pretty much the exact same thing at the same time! :)

So who would you guys predict is going to be our main title rival next year? Or do you think it'll be like this season where there are 3 or 4 clubs in with a shot?

Think Liverpool will fall back a bit and Arsenal will slightly improve but not enough to win the whole thing. I personally think they'll be a pretty nice gap below ourselves and City and the 3rd placed side. United are the wildcard. Say they bring in Reus, Kroos, Carvalho, and Shaw and suddenly they have an amazing squad again when RvP is back and Mata settles in more. They may have a Liverpool-esque season next year with no CL games.

So who would you guys predict is going to be our main title rival next year? Or do you think it'll be like this season where there are 3 or 4 clubs in with a shot?

Think Liverpool will fall back a bit and Arsenal will slightly improve but not enough to win the whole thing. I personally think they'll be a pretty nice gap below ourselves and City and the 3rd placed side. United are the wildcard. Say they bring in Reus, Kroos, Carvalho, and Shaw and suddenly they have an amazing squad again when RvP is back and Mata settles in more. They may have a Liverpool-esque season next year with no CL games.

Can't say until the end of the next transfer window.

We just have to hope that José and the board agree with us about needing another midfielder. I have serious concern that we won't address the issue and will continue on with Lamps being an important player for us. Hope he and Mikel are both replaced.

Edit: Wow, James. We posted pretty much the exact same thing at the same time! :)

I think whether we get a top class CM in or not largely depends on how much Mourinho values Ramires. Sadly I reckon he thinks Ramires' athleticism outweighs his complete lack of footballing ability (http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1481721/jose-mourinho-tried-sign-real-madrid-inter?cc=5739) and that a Ramires-Matic pivot is the way forward. In that case he'd probably be reluctant to spend heavily on a back up.

Yes but my point is that if a fan of another team can pinpoint exactly where our problems lie and where we need improvements, then the club itself should definitely be able to as well - but of that I'm not so sure.

Even if United make all those signings...they won't be better than 3rd in the EPL with MOYES in charge.

I still think our main rival next year: City. I'm expecting Liverpool to drop off a little bit as their players should be more fatigued from CL football

Even if United make all those signings...they won't be better than 3rd in the EPL with MOYES in charge.

I still think our main rival next year: City. I'm expecting Liverpool to drop off a little bit as their players should be more fatigued from CL football

If Suarez leaves, Lpool will be 6th max. I think Real will go all in, 100mio again.

I think whether we get a top class CM in or not largely depends on how much Mourinho values Ramires. Sadly I reckon he thinks Ramires' athleticism outweighs his complete lack of footballing ability (http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1481721/jose-mourinho-tried-sign-real-madrid-inter?cc=5739) and that a Ramires-Matic pivot is the way forward. In that case he'd probably be reluctant to spend heavily on a back up.

Yes but my point is that if a fan of another team can pinpoint exactly where our problems lie and where we need improvements, then the club itself should definitely be able to as well - but of that I'm not so sure.

I don't think Mourinho has trouble seeing the deficiency in center midfield. Matic showed up and immediately became the best center midfielder at Chelsea. I don't think this ineptitude will be on display much longer. It's been how many months since Ballack left and how many months and months since we had Makelele? (yes, I count the months, not the years).

Should be buying two good center midfielders and/or promoting someone able--but it's hard to know who would be promoted to the 1st team. Count MIkel, Luiz, Lampard out of the equation whether or not they all leave; none of them are capable of being the starting center midfielders Chelsea need to compete at the top level of club competitions.