Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Well is it that absurd that we'll get him ?

I mean Dortmund are pretty much falling apart. Real Madrid wont buy him, he doesn't suit Barca's style + they cant buy players anyway now. I guess City can bid for him but not sure they will.

How much will Dortmund ask for him?

Why is it strange? We need another quality AM.

why talk about Marco Reus or any new attacking midfielder when Chelsea clearly need real centre midfielders, a top striker, and some fullbacks that can contribute to an attack? Marco Reus isn't going to add something dramatically different to Chelsea even IF a new attacking midfielder were badly needed. If after addressing these priorities and putting it all together for 6 to 9 months you still want something different, a big, agile winger would add a dimension to the attack.

For a few moments in this season, we saw some link-up play between Eto'o, Hazard, Schuerrle. If CFC had a top striker for every matchday and attacking fullbacks (as you mentioned) along with smooth operators in center midfield (Matic being the only one right now), the attacking midfielders we already have would be able to do more. There's no reason to spend more money on the 4231 formation's attacking midfielders before the other positions are fixed with new players. That's why it's strange you're talking about this.

I think he'll just replace the less-good AM I guess? we'll have to see who performs better next season.

IMO we need a player like Reus to work with Hazard, because Schurrle, Willian or Oscar are not yet on his level. They are unable to create too many chances ATM. If Hazard isn't active, we're useless. We also lack quality on the bench after selling Mata and KDB. If we play Hazard-Oscar-Willian then we only have Schurrle on the bench, and I guess Salah too but he's still young and probably needs to improve.

If one of them gets injured? If Hazard gets injured.. we're doomed.

You don't understand the way our team plays.

We don't need an Am. we need a cm to spray balls faster to the team. We need some young legs at the fullback position since Ivan will lose in a footrace to most wingers.. We need a CF, that going to win longballs, hold the ball up and be a physical presence for the three small ams.

Have you seen Di Maria this year vs last year.

Or Argentina Di Maria vs last year...

Huge difference. Willian does what he is told as does Oscar, ramires, hazard, etc.

It's not their fault entirely the offense is stagnant.

Yeah that certain, Mou tactics are killin attacking spark in players. It could be big problem and main reason why Mou might not be best for this team. But he made great work back then in inter with Sneijder and Etoo.

What is Cristiano better than Suarez at?

I give him free kicks.

Cristiano was a JT pk slip from never winning a CL, so what exactly makes Cristiano on a different level?

Does he play out of position so his teammates can shine?

Does he work hard to get the ball back for his team?

Does he run all day long to press the back4?

Is he a team player or an individual?

Suarez is having a great season but, it doesn't make him as good as Ronaldo. Ronaldo has done it consistently for years now, he has scored more goals than games he's played for Madrid.

If Suarez can keep that level up for 2-3 seasons he will be up there with Messi and Ronaldo. Suarez probably does more for his team than Ronaldo but, Ronaldo is the better individual player by talent.

Suarez does tend to bully the weaker teams, Ronaldo often turns up against the very best and the weaker sides.

I just don't think 1 great season should put a player up there with 2 guys who have done it all apart from win a cup for their national side

Suarez is having a great season but, it doesn't make him as good as Ronaldo. Ronaldo has done it consistently for years now, he has scored more goals than games he's played for Madrid.

If Suarez can keep that level up for 2-3 seasons he will be up there with Messi and Ronaldo. Suarez probably does more for his team than Ronaldo but, Ronaldo is the better individual player by talent.

Suarez does tend to bully the weaker teams, Ronaldo often turns up against the very best and the weaker sides.

I just don't think 1 great season should put a player up there with 2 guys who have done it all apart from win a cup for their national side

Ronaldo disappears a lot as well.

Most recently el clasico. Suarez was a beast in the world cup 2010, while Cristiano was useless on the big stage. When Cristiano left United, guess what happen to United ? They went to the champs league final, while Cristiano has yet to appear in a CL final for Madrid. when you take 10 shots a game, every pk, fk there is, you will score a lot of goals. Suarez doesn't get that since Gerrard, Coutinho, Daniel do it as well.

However, I will say that Liverpool's system is an inflated system for offensive players, but Suarez still works harder than everyone else on the pitch when his shot is missing.

Suarez, Aguero are definitely on Cristiano's level.

Most recently el clasico. Suarez was a beast in the world cup 2010, while Cristiano was useless on the big stage. When Cristiano left United, guess what happen to United the following season? They went to the champs league final, while Cristiano has yet to appear in a CL final for Madrid. when you take 10 shots a game, every pk, fk there is, you will score a lot of goals. Suarez doesn't get that since Gerrard, Coutinho, Daniel do it as well.

However, I will say that Liverpool's system is an inflated system for offensive players, but Suarez still works harder than everyone else on the pitch when his shot is missing.

It's always tough comparing players. If you go by individual talent you could argue Zlatan is up there. I just want to see Suarez in the CL and maybe move to a bigger club and see how he does. I'm sure he can be one of the greats, I just don't think he should be judged on a wonder season. He could end up like Torres , who was hailed as world class in his first 2 seasons at Liverpool.

Who knows, Suarez might be at his peak already or maybe he will get even better.

Costa, Kroos, Shaw

Maybe if I say it enough and click my shoes together it'll come true.

If we manage to get those three in, offload Torres, Ba, Mikel and some of the guys out on loan i.e Kakuta, Romeu etc. it'll be a very successful year for us next year.

It's always tough comparing players. If you go by individual talent you could argue Zlatan is up there. I just want to see Suarez in the CL and maybe move to a bigger club and see how he does. I'm sure he can be one of the greats, I just don't think he should be judged on a wonder season. He could end up like Torres , who was hailed as world class in his first 2 seasons at Liverpool.

Who knows, Suarez might be at his peak already or maybe he will get even better.

I agree, we shouldn't. However, Suarez was always a good player. His first seasons, he had to deal with Kenny danglish as the manager and Andy Carroll as the prized transfer signing for Liverpool +Downing and Adam. Now, with a stable manager, Suarez is proving his worth.

Add on all the pks Gerrard has taken, he should have close to 50 goals this season.

Have you seen Di Maria this year vs last year.

Or Argentina Di Maria vs last year...

Huge difference. Willian does what he is told as does Oscar, ramires, hazard, etc.

It's not their fault entirely the offense is stagnant.

That is very true. At Mou's Madrid Di Maria was often labelled a headless chicken, now look at him. It has more to do with the coach's instructions IMO.

Ancelotti's teams have always been great going forward because he implements a good system for his front line, that hasn't been the case with us unfortunately, we look lost in attack a lot of the time.

Fifa reported today that besides Ter Stegen, Reus was close to Barca for 30/40 mio but the deal wont go through because of the ban...

Wonder where they would put all their attackers...

Poor Dortmund fans they don't want to hold on to anyone do they, I wonder if Barca-Dortmund will strike up a deal to not sell him to anyone else.

Most recently el clasico. Suarez was a beast in the world cup 2010, while Cristiano was useless on the big stage. When Cristiano left United, guess what happen to United ? They went to the champs league final, while Cristiano has yet to appear in a CL final for Madrid. when you take 10 shots a game, every pk, fk there is, you will score a lot of goals. Suarez doesn't get that since Gerrard, Coutinho, Daniel do it as well.

Suarez had two good seasons in league, Ronaldo is doing it for several years. There is no way Suarez is on Ronaldo level yet. Close but not same.

Matic?! Remember the guy? Serbian, 6ft4, DM... We already have that midfielder to do the dirty job, there is no need of Martinez. The Schweini type of player is what Chelsea should look for - Gundogan, Modric, Vidal, Ramsey, Kroos, Yaya etc

Martinez is one of most complete midfielder in the world, he is a Schweni type all round midfielder. It seem like people think Matic=Martinez, Martinez is very good going forward, a better passer and creator.

This is not going to happen anyway, there are no rumors of Martinez leaving Bayern or anything like that. But he is a great fit and a Mou type player.

why talk about Marco Reus or any new attacking midfielder when Chelsea clearly need real centre midfielders, a top striker, and some fullbacks that can contribute to an attack? Marco Reus isn't going to add something dramatically different to Chelsea even IF a new attacking midfielder were badly needed. If after addressing these priorities and putting it all together for 6 to 9 months you still want something different, a big, agile winger would add a dimension to the attack.

For a few moments in this season, we saw some link-up play between Eto'o, Hazard, Schuerrle. If CFC had a top striker for every matchday and attacking fullbacks (as you mentioned) along with smooth operators in center midfield (Matic being the only one right now), the attacking midfielders we already have would be able to do more. There's no reason to spend more money on the 4231 formation's attacking midfielders before the other positions are fixed with new players. That's why it's strange you're talking about this.

You don't understand the way our team plays.

We don't need an Am. we need a cm to spray balls faster to the team. We need some young legs at the fullback position since Ivan will lose in a footrace to most wingers.. We need a CF, that going to win longballs, hold the ball up and be a physical presence for the three small ams.

Mind you, I never said that a CM, fullback and a striker weren't needed before an AM.

What I understand is that no one is able to create anything except for Hazard. And I know Reus will be able to do the same. It's not a "system buy" like a CM, its simply adding quality, which we're currently lacking, no need to understand the way our team plays..

Most of these should be applied on messi as well then.

Disappears in big Games. He has not scored against atm in last 5 meetings.

Messi has yet to score a goal in the world cup I think.

Messi too takes 10 shots a game. Takes all the pens, most of the fks, and hence scores a lot of goals.

Madrid dint reach the final cos

10-11 : pepe got a red card for nothing. Higuain goal cancelled dubiously by ref in semis.

11-12: lost of penalties

12-13: the RM defence had a shocker against bvb.

Cr can hardly be said to be at fault. Maybe for missing a pen.

Hence suarez (someone who has had 2 good seasons and has yet to prove himself in the CL) should be compared to messi too If he is being compared to CR.

Suarez had two good seasons in league, Ronaldo is doing it for several years. There is no way Suarez is on Ronaldo level yet. Close but not same.

If your definition of level means goal scoring and ability to consistently finish chances then I agree because that's what Ronaldo is or should I say has become a goal machine and nothing more. if we are talking strictly in terms of talent and all round ability/game however then suarez is miles ahead of Ronaldo. He's one of the most naturally gifted players I have ever seen.

Alex Sandro realy looks like great LB. Raw Ashely Cole IMO. His positioning and reactions are amazing, he has good ball control and knows when to go forward and when to defend. Today, he kept his left side safe with great positioning, something you wouldnt expect from brazil full back.

The only question is if he can make leap from Portugal to England, but tbh he was already great in CL and EL. If we miss on Shaw, I think having Sandro would end equaly great for us.

Also Mangala is fucking beast, and very good with ball. Scored goal tonight aswell. Guy is freaking fast for his size. City will get world class defence in few years with Mangala-Kompany.

Rakitic did well when on ball, but was playing in worse team, couldnt do much though.