Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

If we dont get Shaw, there are Rodriguez and Alex Sandro who have similar ceiling as Shaw (maybe even higher), but are obviously not english and bit older.

Rodriguez was better than Alba this year in buli and Sandro was amazing in CL. Whoever of the three we get, we will have world class full back, I want Shaw ahead of other two just because he is english, talent-wise all three can do it here. For biggest CL games, Mou might not trust Shaw next year, while Sandro and Rodriguez are both capable of doing it.

Certainly Shaw has lot of interest from many clubs and we shouldnt pay 35/40mio for him IMO. We need striker and CM too. Sandro and Rodriguez would be cheaper, not by much but still.

What about Bony? He actualy plays very well and reminds me of Suarez in his first two seasons in PL. Suarez scored only 11 goals in his second season, Bony scored 11 goals so far. I think he has room to improve and could be our great striker with little risk given. He is not the best option, but Drogba was questionable back then, as was Milito when he arrived to Inter. There are plenty of strikers available, Jose just needs to pick the right one.

What about Bony? He actualy plays very well and reminds me of Suarez in his first two seasons in PL. Suarez scored only 11 goals in his second season, Bony scored 11 goals so far. I think he has room to improve and could be our great striker with little risk given. He is not the best option, but Drogba was questionable back then, as was Milito when he arrived to Inter. There are plenty of strikers available, Jose just needs to pick the right one.

If Jose does not want Lukaku around then I would really like somebody like Bony or Rodrigo to become the and choice striker.However I really want us to go in next season with the strikeforce of Costa,Lukaku an Eto'o.

I can see Jose shaking it up quite a bit in the summer. I understand the situation with FFP but with regards to transfer fees they are amortised over the length of a contract, whilst selling a player the full value can be realised up front. Having raised about £55m selling Mata and De Bruyne and likely to raise at least another £30-40m selling some of the deadwood in the squad (maybe more if the likes of David Luiz, Lukaku and Courtois are sold), there's no reason why we couldn't easily go out and spend £100m on three or four world class players to improve the team.

The biggest impact from FFP is wages but some of the players who could well move on this summer are amongst the highest earners (Torres, Lampard, Cole, Eto'o) and therefore this will clear significant wage space for new signings too.

We aren't that far away, the fact we have managed to challenge this long this season without an excellent first choice striker says it all about the quality of the rest of the team. Also the policy of buying younger players over the last 3-4 years is now putting us in good stead because even those struggling to make an impact on the team, such as De Bruyne, are still valuable to sell on.

IMO we'll clear the decks up front for sure. The only exception may be if Eto'o signs another year as he would be a very solid backup to a world class striker, particularly as he seems to have settled well in the second half of the season. However Ba and Torres are almost sure to go, and it seems Lukaku will go too. I would try to use Lukaku as a bargaining chip to buying someone. Reports in some papers today speculate we will let Everton keep Lukaku in some sort of deal involving Ross Barkley - I wouldn't complain at this. The reality is though that we need one world class striker and probably at least one other good striker - it might well be worth looking at bumping up our home grown quota with a second choice, someone like Rodriguez at Southampton perhaps?

We also either need another midfielder, particularly if Lampard and Mikel leave as is looking likely. However, I would be quite happy for Jose to use Luiz predominantly as a central midfielder, alongside Matic, Ramires and Van Ginkel. Also if we were to get someone like Barkley he gives you an additional option to pack the midfield and play with three.

If this happens we would need to look at buying instead a new centre back to replace Luiz and look to compete with Zouma for the long term replacement of Terry. A left back is also likely although I am less inclined to spend big money now on Shaw, when IMO Azpilicueta is just about the best LB in the league this season. I understand having a natural LB amongst the ranks but they have to be better than Azpi for it to be justified. Otherwise we might as well bring Bertrand back to play backup to Azpi.

Not Messi, but same level or better than Cristiano.

Yes. Yes he is. Suarez, in current form, is THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.

I'd be more that happy if we purchased a player like Bony as a squad option, he's a very under-rated player. I said before a strike three of Costa, Eto'o and Hernandez would be a great balance, but replace Bony with Hernandez and it's just as good.

Di Marzio says we want Lallana. Interesting

I personally rate Lallana very highly. He is very talented, reminds me of Cruyff when he starts turning defenders inside out. He has to start in Brazil for me.

Wether he could carry his current form into a bigger club or on the World stage is the obvious question you would ask when looking at buying a player like Lallana but if he plays without fear as he does at Southampton, he would be a quality addition to any top side.

I can just see Liverpool snapping him up though. He looks like a Liverpool player.

Now I am more convinced than ever that mandzukic will be sold. With lewandowski coming in, he becomes a 2nd/3rd striker (since pep the over-rated loves to play the false 9 card).

Specially if the lukaku rumors are true that he will be sold, in that case we should go for costa and mandzukic.

Now I am more convinced than ever that mandzukic will be sold. With lewandowski coming in, he becomes a 2nd/3rd striker (since pep the over-rated loves to play the false 9 card).

Specially if the lukaku rumors are true that he will be sold, in that case we should go for costa and mandzukic.