Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Pogba pls, let's calm our pivot down as soon as January if possible. But no KDB in the deal, maybe on loan but no sell.

And what of Chalobah? We just going to toss a homegrown Chelsea through and through product on loan once more or sell to another club only for him to establish himself leaving us to spend 20+mill on him just to get him back?

Fuck me, I'm not pointing at you, but patience seems to be diminishing for some

And what of Chalobah? We just going to toss a homegrown Chelsea through and through product on loan once more or sell to another club only for him to establish himself leaving us to spend 20+mill on him just to get him back?

Who exactly have Chelsea produced that is home grown or I guess from their academy?

I'll tell you the truth, chalobah situation confuses me, I'm not sure if he is a centre back or a defensive midfielder.

Many games I watched of him were as a centre back, its confusing seeing him in the midfield. It will feel like playing luiz in the midfield to me sometimes.

Chalobah is not ready for the Premier League yet and Chelsea need better players immediately in center midfield. Center midfield is overdue since Ballack left and time keeps on slippin' Should have had two top-quality center midfielders into the squad over 2 years ago--and not just developing players, but mature, ready center midfielders.

Chalobah will be good give some playtime in the future though.

Who exactly have Chelsea produced that is home grown or I guess from their academy?

Bertrand and Ake to name a couple though not Chelsea products.

McEachran, Blackman, Kane, Chalobah, and Loftus Cheek are Chelsea products that have the potential to be special and serve well for our club.

It is so unbelievably frustrating to see the English league losing its tradition by constantly buying foreign players from other countries rather than giving the time and patience on our own. We have a talented group of youngsters, HOMEGROWN Chelsea products that can bring back some identity to our club, league, and national side.

I would be absolutely gutted to see us lose our players just have United with Morrison and Pogba, both who have been praised of having the potential of being as special as Paul Scholes

I'll tell you the truth, chalobah situation confuses me, I'm not sure if he is a centre back or a defensive midfielder.

Many games I watched of him were as a centre back, its confusing seeing him in the midfield. It will feel like playing luiz in the midfield to me sometimes.

Chalobah is kind of like United's Phil Jones in terms of versatility.

He can play DM/CM, CB and RB if needed....I get the feeling he'll end up as a CM, rather than as a CB.

I wouldn't mind a deal like 20 mil + KDB for Pogba.

(I'm assuming KDB's value is about 10 million)

I don't want to lose KDB, but I want him to go on loan to juventus because he'll be made to play in their midfield, I think his qualities will be fantastic for the pivot.

He reminds me of paul scholes, the same range of passing and vision, poor tackling, and long range shooting.

Chalobah is kind of like United's Phil Jones in terms of versatility.

He can play DM/CM, CB and RB if needed....I get the feeling he'll end up as a CM, rather than as a CB.

But being too versatile is not good sometimes, see phil jones. He was an excellent centreback for blackburn, then now he is just average at every position.

Oshea was excellent at right back, he later became so average it was shocking.

I think a centerback can move to full back, but not midfield

I don't want to lose KDB, but I want him to go on loan to juventus because he'll be made to play in their midfield, I think his qualities will be fantastic for the pivot.

He reminds me of paul scholes, the same range of passing and vision, poor tackling, and long range shooting.

But being too versatile is not good sometimes, see phil jones. He was an excellent centreback for blackburn, then now he is just average at every position.

Oshea was excellent at right back, he later became so average it was shocking.

I think a centerback can move to full back, but not midfield

he made the transition at 17 and has only played pro football in midfield so it isnt a problem.

and although you mention people like jones. frank rijkaard started out as a centre back and became one of the best midfielders of all time.

he made the transition at 17 and has only played pro football in midfield so it isnt a problem.

and although you mention people like jones. frank rijkaard started out as a centre back and became one of the best midfielders of all time.

Frank rijkaard is a massive exception because of his obvious talent. It would have been a crime for him to remain in defence.

This doesn't happen to everyone though, most people end up average players.

I'll advice chalobah to stick to one position from now on, adapt completely to the position and own it, instead of jumping up and down.

Bertrand and Ake to name a couple though not Chelsea products.

McEachran, Blackman, Kane, Chalobah, and Loftus Cheek are Chelsea products that have the potential to be special and serve well for our club.

It is so unbelievably frustrating to see the English league losing its tradition by constantly buying foreign players from other countries rather than giving the time and patience on our own. We have a talented group of youngsters, HOMEGROWN Chelsea products that can bring back some identity to our club, league, and national side.

I would be absolutely gutted to see us lose our players just have United with Morrison and Pogba, both who have been praised of having the potential of being as special as Paul Scholes

I've been following this on papers. It seems to be an identity crisis, not so much of the league, but supporters and pundits.

The league is gearing towards becoming an international product, difficult to miss the obvious movement towards untapped markets. And I reckon you cannot have it both ways: you cannot have the best league in the world and at the same time give precedence to local players and youngsters. The demand to see a young English player develop is non-existent.

When fans in Asia turn up to see Chelsea they don't want to see a mediocre (in development) player, but the final product, the best of the best; otherwise they will go watch a different team and/or a different league. You, and many supporters, may be OK with the latter, but the club and its owners, and apparently the league aren't.

There is no link between the national team and the club. What's is in it for Chelsea, its owner? Same goes for City, spurs, etc. Even our substitute GKs are not English.

I can only sympathize with the idea, I think that what you wish for is unattainable; UK's population just (in numbers) cannot provide the goods, because the demand is international. A good read on the subject is a book called:

"Soccernomics: Why England Loses, Why Spain, Germany, and Brazil Win, and Why the US, Japan, Australia, Turkey-and Even Iraq-Are Destined to Become the Kings of the World's Most Popular Sport"

Even if you don't agree with everything, it's a good read nevertheless.

I do agree with you on the subject of utilizing more the young players, however. It makes no sense to me that we have a rotation/backup player like Mikel for example. * further discussion on Mikel on Mikel's thread * My point is and has been that what he does on the pitch can be done by a number of players, including English players. So, I wouldn't mind getting someone like Progba for example, so long as Chalobah would be the one providing cover. Assuming he is ready of course, he is still so very young (18). And honestly, if they are not good enough they just aren't good enough.

There is just too much money in the CL. A club cannot afford to consistently not make it; I mean it can, but there will be consequences. Look at what happened to Liverpool in the last few years.