Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Now, I read Chelsea on a January fire-sale of fringe players.

Mata, BA, Cahill, KDB, Mikel & Bertrand were mentioned.

Many of them are unsure over their places on the team, I read.

Well, some of them just might be moved. However, new ones must be brought in, in my view.

Well, some of them just might be moved. However, new ones must be brought in, in my view.

The only one I se being sold in January is Ba, the rest will stay or leave in the sumer

Any links for that story please?

If things continue like they have been we can by pass January barring a complete huge bargain that is stupid to turn down. Torres keeps firing, the midfield looks good and defence we look like we can more than cope.

Don't understand Witsel fanboys around here. I mean, no offense but he is not WC midfielder some of guys are saying. Yes I have watched him playing recently on EL and CL. He is rather average. Playing for inferior Russian league lowered his ability to play at highest level. He looks handsome and has cool hairstyle but that's that. We don't need him. Especially at that price. This is his CL rating: 6.26 ! One of the lowest in all midfielders who participated in CL this season. I'd rather go for cheaper, more viable options.

Don't understand Witsel fanboys around here. I mean, no offense but he is not WC midfielder some of guys are saying. Yes I have watched him playing recently on EL and CL. He is rather average. Playing for inferior Russian league lowered his ability to play at highest level. He looks handsome and has cool hairstyle but that's that. We don't need him. Especially at that price. This is his CL rating: 6.26 ! One of the lowest in all midfielders who participated in CL this season. I'd rather go for cheaper, more viable options.

Lol.

Is Witsel really the type of player we need right now?

He is without doubt a highly talented player, but I would personally prefer a more aggressive, gritty player in his position. I personally love Ramires and do not want to see a replacement bought for him, so the question that remains is who would complement Ramires the most?

Personally I would love to see Loftus-Cheek or Chalobah there in the future, but unless we manage to achieve well above general expectations this season I doubt the youngsters will see too much gametime. My personal favourite was Capoue (I'm still pissed that we went to Spurs), but I would not say no to Pogba/Vidal or a similar player.
The question is, how many similar players are there that we could realistically get?
Lars Bender is an option, wasnt there talk about Imbula aswell (altough Im not convinced he is the same type of player)?

Personally I think that should we get a player like that, and say Luke Shaw, the club is set for a looong time.

Despite most fellow countrymen claiming KDB was our most influential player during the WC qualifications, Witsel was by far our best player. He's a physical beast, but in contrast to Felliani for example his technical abilities are very good.

A modern midfielder who can play anywhere in the centre of the pitch. I've never understood his Zenit move, even though they're a very decent team it shows lack of ambition. I'm convinced he can be a great asset to various topclubs and I would absolutely love having him here.

Don't think you have ever watched him play. By far the most technically astute central midfielders in the world. Best part is, if he plays the same role he plays for Belgium, he could easily slot in beside Ramires. We would have an absolutely dominating midfield.

I guess we will get someone but certainy not expensive...either Alonso who could be free or very cheap or someone not expensive maybe even loan...

Mourinho loaned Adebayor in his first season in winter when he was at real, I feel he will do something similar this time aswell...not Adebayor but someone of that range (not necessary striker)