Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

At least Spurs did sell some players aswell (Parker, Demosey, Huddle and so on), but yeah, their new players are definitely an improvement.

It does seem like they will sell Bale though. That's at least a good thing for us. Willian and Chadli are nothing compared to Bale.

It's Spurs! They will be full of promise and then fall apart.

I would love us,City,united to push United down to 4th.

They do not have Harry Redknapp as their manager now. I will be more concerned about facing them than Arsenal now!

Us, City and United to push who to fourth?

Cavani>Falcao for us, but given our situation, Falcao would look like a god

Falcao scores goals yeah, awesome player, he's one of the greatest finishers on the planet but I've always maintained from the beginning that I don't think he suits our squad make up.

He's the sort of striker that needs a team built around the striker to score goals. Our team is more geared towards our attacking midfielders, so we need to find a striker that compliments them in that regard and I don't think Falcao would exactly fit. He'd probably still be a success here but I think we'd be better off with a player who's more complete.

I agree with Cavani being more suited to us as he worked well in that Napoli side who played with a very attacking midfielders. I also think Lewa would be the ideal striker for our set up but regarding Falcao, I truly think a player of his quality would find it extremely hard to fail in our team. He has it all and has proven he can score in the tightest of margains!

AVB is not a good manager! He had a good season at Spurs like he had a good season at Porto. This manger doesn't know how to bring a team up from a bad position. He will fail soon enough. He had Bale which got like 12 points with a last minute goal.

Very good dribbler and good ball control, plays on the left wing and likes to cut inside. He played against us in the group stages of champs lge last season.

I remember his two games where he terrorised us, not fondly but I remember nonetheless. Curious to see if people rate him, I've only watched 2 games of his.

:doh:

I think they are just dong this transfer for showing off or something.

It's about the politics. The saga with Jose Mourinho and Barcelona signing Neymar were bitter blows to Florentino Perez and certain people were starting to question whether or not he was still the right man for the job of Real Madrid's club president so a flashy new Galactico signing on a world record fee will go a long way convincing the fans and the media. This is Real Madrid we're talking about, they don't operate the way other clubs do and it doesn't matter one bit if the player is ridiculously overpriced and that their squad is already stacked with quality players in the positions Bale plays in. Money is no obstacle because they get loads of money from La Liga's unfair TV deal and also the Spanish banks keep grating them massive loans with zero interest despite the fact many of these banks are all close to bankruptcy, Spain's economic situation being what it is.

According to ESPN plans B and C are Samuel Eto'o and Buruk Yilmaz respectively

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1528333/chelsea-jose-mourinho-plan-c-wayne-rooney-pursuit-fails?cc=3888

Not sure about Buruk Yilmaz...he's good but is he really an "upgrade" on Lukaku, Ba and Torres?

I'd much rather Martinez from Porto..an athletic freak, good pace, can do the unpredictable...would add some x-factor to our team.

In other news: United bid for Fellaini and Baines again..

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/11533?cc=3436