Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

BBC reporting that Arsenal are trying to sign Benzema and Di Maria.

Can't see them selling Benzema as he's the only senior striker there, but Di Maria is possible I'd think. Think he'd be great for them too. Hope this doesn't work out for Le Arse.

BBC reporting that Arsenal are trying to sign Benzema and Di Maria.

Can't see them selling Benzema as he's the only senior striker there, but Di Maria is possible I'd think. Think he'd be great for them too. Hope this doesn't work out for Le Arse.

I'm more worried about Spurs potentially signing Willian & Erik Lamela.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10254237/Willian-poised-to-join-Tottenham-in-30m-deal-with-Romas-Erik-Lamela-next-on-Andre-Villas-Boass-radar.html

Arsenal have problems all over the pitch...I'd be delighted if they end up signing only Di Maria B)

Benteke is realy growing as a striker...he has great eye for goal and fear factor that Lukaku is still lacking and making him somehow invisible in games at CFC.

Wait one year with striker and then get Benteke if he brings great season at Villa.

However Rooney fits better to this team, Mazacar just doesnt work with big powerful strikers like Ba, Drogba or Lukaku. Rooney can create on his own, finish from distance and makes top passes to Mazacar, making assists if he cant score by himself. Same as Rvp, Lewa, Aguero, Suarez,...

Benteke>Lukaku atm.

Of course, but lukaku is still 20 while benteke is 22. He already improved so much from his loan to west brom, i can say that im quite excited to see our team grow together. Lukaku is a beast, he will grow even more.

Of course, but lukaku is still 20 while benteke is 22. He already improved so much from his loan to west brom, i can say that im quite excited to see our team grow together. Lukaku is a beast, he will grow even more.

True ... Benteke at 19/20 was no where near where Lukaku is now.

Plus he just signed a new contract with no doubt a monstrosity of a buy out clause in it.

Nope no clause at all so they are free to set whatever price they want for him, already confirmed by Lambert.

Yeah it doesn't always work like a pattern, sometime an average player can become brilliant at 25-26 or sometime a really promising player never reach his potential. On theory Lukaku should go on and become one of the best striker in the world in a few year, but a lot of factors might change that such as a serious injury/personal problems/bad managements...etc

Nope no clause at all so they are free to set whatever price they want for him, already confirmed by Lambert.

Yeah it doesn't always work like a pattern, sometime an average player can become brilliant at 25-26 or sometime a really promising player never reach his potential. On theory Lukaku should go on and become one of the best striker in the world in a few year, but a lot of factors might change that such as a serious injury/personal problems/bad managements...etc

Oh well, so if he carries on like he did last night I am sure Lambert will start the bidding at 100M

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/08/22/arsenal-to-spend-close-to-100m-on-five-new-additions-before-transfer-window-closes/?

Arsenal rumoured to bring in 5 new additions to their squad.

No way they'll get Benzema. Madrid won't sell him after they lost Higuain to Napoli.

Doubt Madrid will give them Di Maria either (unless they sign Bale).

He was playing at KV Mechelen, european cupwinners 1988. :D

Lukaku has a problem to play tiki taka,

Benteke is a much better footballer.

You can't use Lukaku ,when there is no space.

Sunday at Old Trafford , he scores :D

I think that JM Romelu preferes away from home.