Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I still feel like crying at missing the chance of signing Witsel. We would have been immense with Witsel and Rami in the double pivot roles.

If we are to rip another expensive page out from Romans cheque book then damn it better be on a top striker. This Chelsea team with Flacao or Cavani in it, plus a top DLP would set us up for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Would have been Mikel+Witsel in the pivot, Witsel+Ramires is too unbalanced neither have the discipline to play as a no.6/holding midfielder.

@Belgiannutt, I am not saying it is not necessary. I think you are dreaming we will do it in January.

We were supposed to do nothing in this transfer window, but I believe Roman is too pationate to let Falcao slip...

I see well I hope we do. 40 million in january and 40 million in the summer and we would be good for years. (ofcourse without taking injuries and other unforeseeable things into account)

Personally i'm against buying high profile targets in the january window. Most of the time this leads to inflated fees because teams don't like to get rid of 1 of their best players in the middle of their season. I would prefer us buying the first class striker in the summer.

I see well I hope we do. 40 million in january and 40 million in the summer and we would be good for years. (ofcourse without taking injuries and other unforeseeable things into account)

Personally i'm against buying high profile targets in the january window. Most of the time this leads to inflated fees because teams don't like to get rid of 1 of their best players in the middle of their season. I would prefer us buying the first class striker in the summer.

Yes, I agree it leeds to inflation. We all know Roman though, he has the money and he does not care if it will be cheap or not. If he wants to see Falcao in a Blue Shirt, he will not measure it.

Yes, I agree it leeds to inflation. We all know Roman though, he has the money and he does not care if it will be cheap or not. If he wants to see Falcao in a Blue Shirt, he will not measure it.

Yeah true but i don't think Atletico will sell Falcao in january.

I mean at the moment they are second in the league giving them a CL ticket. Like we all know qualifying for the CL leads to a lot of money.

I don't think they'll go for the quick buck. I think they'll wait. Try and get a CL ticket and then sell Falcao in the summer. Giving them not only the money from Falcao but also the money from the CL.

I mean at the moment they are 4th in the league giving them a CL ticket. Like we all know qualifying for the CL leads to a lot of money.

I don't think they'll go for the quick buck. I think they'll wait. Try and get a CL ticket and then sell Falcao in the summer. Giving them not only the money from Falcao but also the money from the CL.

Its alright they can have fernando, his movement is beasty, more than enough for them to keep thier champions league spot.

:Goober:

I mean at the moment they are second in the league giving them a CL ticket. Like we all know qualifying for the CL leads to a lot of money.

Yeah, they will make a very hard negotiation, but if we reach the buy-out clause, there is nothing Atletico can do...

Would have been Mikel+Witsel in the pivot, Witsel+Ramires is too unbalanced neither have the discipline to play as a no.6/holding midfielder.

If you were familiar with my posts dating back to when I first arrived on this site then you would know that I am not a big fan of Mikel. I think he is an absolute liability and simply not good enough, therefore I do not include him in any future thinking of Chelsea FC.

Where's Mikel?

1. De Rossi is better and more valuable than Mikel, as good as Mikel is at doing his job.

2. Do you not understand the concept of buying? If we buy a player, a similar player who plays in that players' role will more often than not be left out. There are only 11 players on the pitch. This is how Football works.

Similarly, If we buy Falcao, I can ask you 'where the fuck is Torres?' thus making an idiot out of myself as I know the obvious answer.

Nowhere else really to put this but with all the talk of Falcao, Cavani, etc, the best striker signing we could have made in the summer was Ibrahimovic. Tonight's game against England was everything you needed to know about him.

He can hold the ball up as a lone front man, but likes to drop deep which can cause carnage for defences as it makes him both difficult to pick up and creates space in behind for runners.

His finishing is clinical, he would have finished at least three times the chances Torres has had this season.

His link up play is excellent and I've no doubts he would have found the same wavelength very quickly with the three in behind him.

His age should be fairly irrelevant as he has never been blessed with pace, just an unbelievable talent and football brain. If PSG paid somewhere between £15-20m for him he was well worth it!

As a cheaper alternative Berbatov would also have suited us perfectly.

No way would PSG sell Ibra.! And what is he on? 300k a week?

I didn't say buy him now, I was simply making the point he would have been the perfect striker for us when he was made available in the summer. Real disappointment seeing him go to PSG because he is a remarkable talent.

I didn't say buy him now, I was simply making the point he would have been the perfect striker for us when he was made available in the summer. Real disappointment seeing him go to PSG because he is a remarkable talent.

Haha my bad. Yeah he would of been a fantastic addition.

But nope, Torres was the man to lead the line, he was gonna come good without the Drogba breathing over his shoulder.

1. De Rossi is better and more valuable than Mikel, as good as Mikel is at doing his job.

2. Do you not understand the concept of buying? If we buy a player, a similar player who plays in that players' role will more often than not be left out. There are only 11 players on the pitch. This is how Football works.

Similarly, If we buy Falcao, I can ask you 'where the fuck is Torres?' thus making an idiot out of myself as I know the obvious answer.

You can't compare Torres to Mikel. Torres has been pathetic since joining Chelsea, we need a replacement asap..hence no one would ask where the fuck is Torres.

As for Mikel, realistically speaking, I don't see him leaving Chelsea anytime soon.

You can't compare Torres to Mikel. Torres has been pathetic since joining Chelsea, we need a replacement asap..hence no one would ask where the fuck is Torres.

As for Mikel, realistically speaking, I don't see him leaving Chelsea anytime soon.

I'm comparing De Rossi to Mikel and there is no doubt that De Rossi is streets ahead. He would give us very strong defensive cover and is more than capable of filling in (and playing well) as a CB. Depth is good anyway.

I don't think Ibra was made available, just PSG threw their money around like mad men and made a ridiculous offer Milan accepted.

This January will probably be a bit boring but if we really want to win the league and other things, we need to bring in a striker. I'm stating the obvious but it needs to be done.