Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I've only seen glimpses of him, but maybe hardcore followers of Ligue 1 could add some input towards this guy - but 18 year old centre-back Kurt Zouma. Is he good?

From what I've seen of him I'd love for us to get him and give him a Phil Jones type role. Slowly but surely integrate him into our first team and use him as rotation.

He looks like he could be a good threat from set pieces also. He looks around Terry's height. Maybe slightly taller.

I've only seen glimpses of him, but maybe hardcore followers of Ligue 1 could add some input towards this guy - but 18 year old centre-back Kurt Zouma. Is he good?

From what I've seen of him I'd love for us to get him and give him a Phil Jones type role. Slowly but surely integrate him into our first team and use him as rotation.

He looks like he could be a good threat from set pieces also. He looks around Terry's height. Maybe slightly taller.

Rather give Chalobah that Phil Jones role in the squad!

Arrgrghghghgh!!! I just love how this guy plays!

He's one of those players who just gets the ball away from the opposition - regardless of anything else. He probably concedes a few corners which he doesn't need to, but I believe he's only 18!

I rate him roughly the same, maybe a bit higher, than Varane at the moment.

He's one of those players who just gets the ball away from the opposition - regardless of anything else. He probably concedes a few corners which he doesn't need to, but I believe he's only 18!

Definitely a gifted youngster. He could be our long term solution at CB. Hopefully we get him, cause he is on United's radar, Fergie is a keen admirer.

Varane is a bit ahead of him right now imo. It has showed as Mourinho has trusted him ahead of Pepe, Ramos, Raul Albion etc in big games this season. For only being 19, he is an extremely intelligent and mature player. Zouma is still a diamond in the rough though, staying at Etienne will only do him well as he will continue as one of their first choice CB. I reckon Zouma will end up good as well but I think Varane will be better and if he keeps progressing, coming on leaps and bounds at Real, he will replace Pepe in 2 seasons minimum.

we do not need any centre backs! We got Chalobah, Kalas and Bruma waiting on the wings. Kalas is one of the best defenders in Eredevise, fast, technically accurate, great timing, tackling and heading, positioning odds-on, calm and composed. At 19 he will still get taller and bigger. Bruma is of now a rather mediocre defender but is very versatile, big and strong enoug, threat from set pieces and exquisiste long range shooting. Chalobah i do not know anything about but there is a reason why he has already featured for the first team at this young age.

we do not need any centre backs! We got Chalobah, Kalas and Bruma waiting on the wings. Kalas is one of the best defenders in Eredevise, fast, technically accurate, great timing, tackling and heading, positioning odds-on, calm and composed. At 19 he will still get taller and bigger. Bruma is of now a rather mediocre defender but is very versatile, big and strong enoug, threat from set pieces and exquisiste long range shooting. Chalobah i do not know anything about but there is a reason why he has already featured for the first team at this young age.

Kalas has been playing as right back lately and reports suggests that he is better as a rb,chalobah has turned himself into a cdm or a box to box type midfielder while bruma cant get games for hamburg so thats saying something.I think we need a new Cb somebody like subotic in the summer would be perfect.

Kalas has been playing as right back lately and reports suggests that he is better as a rb,chalobah has turned himself into a cdm or a box to box type midfielder while bruma cant get games for hamburg so thats saying something.I think we need a new Cb somebody like subotic in the summer would be perfect.

I think a young, relatively cheap CB in the summer would be perfect. Jores Okore would be a good option in my opinion, he's a talented young defender with maturity beyond his years. He's a fan of Chelsea, he has the potential to be a leader in the future and he should be able available for around 5-7 million.

I think a young, relatively cheap CB in the summer would be perfect. Jores Okore would be a good option in my opinion, he's a talented young defender with maturity beyond his years. He's a fan of Chelsea, he has the potential to be a leader in the future and he should be able available for around 5-7 million.

+1

Yeah okore would also be a very good signing.

If you go back a few years, you will find the posts i made about signing Suarez when he was at Ajax. I've always been a fan of the way he plays with his heart on his sleeve. Say what you want about him, but he cares more about winning then our useless excuse for a Striker..

I would love to have Sanchez here. He has fallen out of favour in barca, and was linked with us in past. He has some great crossing and speed dribbling, but cant use it in barca. Wouldnt be that expensive either.

Him and a clinical finisher like Cavani and we are set.

I want Hummels in to (eventually) replace Terry.

I want someone in the mould of Xabi Alonso to partner Mikel if we persist with him.

I want Willian brought in as a rotation and more direct option for our "3".

I want someone tall, strong, pacey and clinical up-front - Someone like Cavani.

I want us to loan Courtois to a Premier League team next season. Same for McEachran (a newly promoted team; assuming he'd get games. If not, another Championship loan).

I want Chalobah to be loaned to another Championship team next season - maybe even Watford again.

I want an up-and-coming centre-back for the future - Kurt Zouma.

I want Piazon, Feruz and Todd Kane to get chances in the Europa League if we're relegated to it this season. Maybe even Saville, Blackman and Lalkovic (couldn't hurt to recall him at this point).

I want us to sell Fernando.

I want a manager who can get the best out of Hazard, Oscar, Mata etc. I want someone who will turn potential into actual current skill.

I want a contract extension for Cole.

I want us to hire the best defensive coach in world football to privately tutor Luiz.

I want a box-to-box midfielder in the mould of Fernandinho, Marchisio or Vidal who can put in the nitty gritty work to keep the team ticking.

I want allot of things - and Roman has the money to get all of them.

We are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world.

We are genuinely now one of the most prestigious clubs in world football.

It is unacceptable for us to ever have any intention other than getting all 3 points. Never should we play for a draw or just wish for the best. Never should we go into a game as 2nd-favourites. Never should we say "Hazard, Oscar and Mata are untouchable and good enough. No need to invest in more attacking options." I want players and staff all fighting for their positions so we're left with only the very best in world football.

We need to get rid of this mentality of being a 'big' club but not 'the' club.

I want someone in the mould of Xabi Alonso to partner Mikel if we persist with him.

I want us to loan Courtois to a Premier League team next season. Same for McEachran (a newly promoted team; assuming he'd get games. If not, another Championship loan).

I want Chalobah to be loaned to another Championship team next season - maybe even Watford again.

I want Piazon, Feruz and Todd Kane to get chances in the Europa League if we're relegated to it this season. Maybe even Saville, Blackman and Lalkovic (couldn't hurt to recall him at this point).

I want a manager who can get the best out of Hazard, Oscar, Mata etc. I want someone who will turn potential into actual current skill.

I want us to hire the best defensive coach in world football to privately tutor Luiz.

I want a box-to-box midfielder in the mould of Fernandinho, Marchisio or Vidal who can put in the nitty gritty work to keep the team ticking.

It is unacceptable for us to ever have any intention other than getting all 3 points. Never should we play for a draw or just wish for the best. Never should we go into a game as 2nd-favourites. Never should we say "Hazard, Oscar and Mata are untouchable and good enough. No need to invest in more attacking options." I want players and staff all fighting for their positions so we're left with only the very best in world football.

A lot of wants... didn't you not learn you don't always get what you want???

:Goober:

BIG OVERREACTION.

I agree on some parts, but you just want a lot of things. It is a painful and long journey...

People keep saying we are on transition period but they dont realise the fucking transition takes years and a number of transfer seasons, not 6 months and 2 transfer windows. Look at RM and ManCity, they tried to buy a whole team in one year, some players did not work out and they are stuck with a lot of players (5 CAM, 3 RB, 4 DM, etc). Mourinho and Mancini took time to find a formation that fits the team and the right players to play together. It takes a lot of training as well. A great team isnt made of the best individual players, there are tons of variables that goes into consideration. Why would you want another DM with Mikel and Romeu well adapted? Willian (which is not better than Mazacar) when we have Hazard, Mata, Moses and Marin? A private tutor of Luiz and Roman to spend more than what he has spent over all those years and in the summer?

Just as you posted: I think we need a CB like Hummels (to play with JT, not to replace him), a CM like Xabi Alonso (to be our 1st option and Rambo as a direct sub), 2 ST (someone ike Cavani and another versatile (Jovetic)) and Cole extension.

Regarding our youngsters, we will do all those right things. We have a very professional staff dealing with them and they know better than us what to do to make them thrive. You also have to decide which philosophy you want us to use. We either leave some gaps on our squad so our youngsters can take advantage (Barcelona) or we fill in every single position needed with signings (RM).

We will eventually fill in the gap: mix youth with experience, possession with speed, etc. However, it will take time, a lot of training and a hard learning process.