Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

BAY BYE 

Leroy Sane ‘tells Man City team-mates he wants to quit and join Bayern Munich before transfer deadline’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9665875/leroy-sane-bayern-munich-man-city-transfer-latest/

it is The Sun so caveat emptor

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Everton acting like a guy who just won the Mega Millions jackpot. Throwing money at every flashy thing they see. I swear they've bid for about 15 players this summer.

Whats weird is that they've just unveiled plans for a new stadium just a week ago. Usually that means tightening the purse strings, not going crazy with the spending.

Image result for new everton stadium

5000.jpg?width=860&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=6d13a48aab5feb26f7b16a3afc38b15eImage result for new everton stadiumImage result for new everton stadium

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Everton acting like a guy who just won the Mega Millions jackpot. Throwing money at every flashy thing they see. I swear they've bid for about 15 players this summer.

Whats weird is that they've just unveiled plans for a new stadium just a week ago. Usually that means tightening the purse strings, not going crazy with the spending.

I don't think we're in any position to criticise another club for spending money. The new stadium is on the docks not exactly prime real estate unlike London where rates are extortionate. Spurs just tarted up their stadium and will be making money hand over fist, Man City and West Ham were practically given stadiums only Arsenal have actually moved ground and paid for it themselves.

3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I don't think we're in any position to criticise another club for spending money. The new stadium is on the docks not exactly prime real estate unlike London where rates are extortionate. Spurs just tarted up their stadium and will be making money hand over fist, Man City and West Ham were practically given stadiums only Arsenal have actually moved ground and paid for it themselves.

Not criticizing, just pointing out how odd it is.  A club that has never spent huge money just out of nowhere becoming potentially the highest spenders this summer.

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if they want top 4, they need more

a CB for sure, it is a an absolute must

but now (atm)

here is their starting XI

GK Pickford

CB Michael Keane

CB Yerry Mina or Mason Holgate (they only have 3 CB's at remotely starting level, Pennington is dross) <<<< desperately need upgrade here

LB Lucas Digne

RB  Djibril Sidibe

DMF   Jean-Philippe Gbamin

CMF  André Gomes (lots of depth, and potentially Abdoulaye Doucouré)

AMF Gylfi Sigurdsson

LW   Richarlison

RW  (who knows, as I type they have bids, including 2nd and even third for Zaha, Iwobi, and rumours of Suso, Ziyech, Hirving Lozano (please no) and Ismaïla Sarr)

CF Moises Kean

if they sort the other winger and especially CB, they are really a dangerous team

With Zaha in, they are better team than us imo

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

With Zaha in, they are better team than us imo

only if they sort that CB nightmare (sounds familiar, lolol, looking at you Arse)

but yes, IF they land a decent CB and Zaha

and if Kean and Gbamin show up to leel they can

I agree

their wingers (Zaha and Richarlison) blow us away atm IF they land Zaha (I say they fail)

MF and fullbacks are now rock solid

and Kean has crazy potential (no guarantees though, as the EPL is the death of many potentially great strikers)

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Everton bid £70m for Zaha. A medium sized, midtable club can afford to bid £70m on a single player!

The money nearly every PL club has these days is bonkers! 😂

I love the ambition Everton are showing though.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes agree we need to make SB bigger, we are getting left behind little by little in that regard.

Bigger definitely but also better. The West stand middle isn't bad but the rest of it is a joke and that's supposed to be be our showpiece bit of architecture.

41 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Bigger definitely but also better. The West stand middle isn't bad but the rest of it is a joke and that's supposed to be be our showpiece bit of architecture.

Hope we sort it out man, SB will always be special but we need to act soonish or be left behind in that regard. Shame we didnt go ahead with the plan, would have been a sight.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Don't want to be pedantic son but I've noticed you saying this a lot and fair play your English is excellent but the word is bonkers.

Right you are my man, I speak 5 languages and sometimes it gets messy here and there.

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Don't want to be pedantic son but I've noticed you saying this a lot and fair play your English is excellent but the word is bonkers.

Do You Know All These Secret Bunkers in London?

https://londonist.com/2016/05/london-s-secret-bunkers

Crazy golf club comes to WWII bunker in the City of London

https://thespaces.com/crazy-golf-club-comes-to-wwii-bunker-in-the-city-of-london/

Image result for Swingers opens inside a World War II bunkerImage result for Swingers opens inside a World War II bunkerImage result for Swingers opens inside a World War II bunkerImage result for Swingers opens inside a World War II bunker

:D

peak silly season :ph34r:

Arsenal in advanced talks with Chelsea defender David Luiz over shock transfer switch

CHELSEA defender David Luiz is in advanced talks with Arsenal over a shock transfer deadline day switch, it has been claimed.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1162877/Arsenal-advanced-talks-Chelsea-defender-David-Luiz-transfer-deadline-day-latest-news

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Arsenal in advanced talks with Chelsea defender David Luiz over shock transfer switch

CHELSEA defender David Luiz is in advanced talks with Arsenal over a shock transfer deadline day switch, it has been claimed.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1162877/Arsenal-advanced-talks-Chelsea-defender-David-Luiz-transfer-deadline-day-latest-news

Hands up anyone who expected this rumour?

If it's real I'd love to know the true reason(s) behind it for once. Length and terms of Arsenal contract offer too good to turn down? Doesn't feel he can play under a former teammate? Has fallen out with Frank or Marina? Doesn't believe in SFL and/or his inexperienced coaching staff? Doesn't believe in the Chelsea project anymore (thinks we're drifting with an ordinary squad)?

30 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hands up anyone who expected this rumour?

If it's real I'd love to know the true reason(s) behind it for once. Length and terms of Arsenal contract offer too good to turn down? Doesn't feel he can play under a former teammate? Has fallen out with Frank or Marina? Doesn't believe in SFL and/or his inexperienced coaching staff? Doesn't believe in the Chelsea project anymore (thinks we're drifting with an ordinary squad)?

hard not to drift a wee bit with a huge t-ban and players like Luiz getting 2 year extensions that smash up our no-multiyear-contracts-for-30-somethings policy

I still say overall we are on the right path, BUT, dammit, we better go HUGE next summer

too many holes to plug potentially to not do so

my fervent hope is that our CB's somehow gel, and our CF's surprise young and old Blues alike

IF those two things happen, and the next day and a half goes badly for Manure, Spuds, Arse, Everton (have to add them in now) and Wolves, then I feel we have a 50/50 shot at top 4

lots of ifs, but I have hope above all else (in terms of this year)

I wish Roman could get his visa shite sorted and he comes back with a vengeance and renewed drive to keep the project (including a new stadium) going

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Give us £10m for him they can have him