Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yes, we all would like to sign new players but christ, all this panicking before the season has even started is just so...typical. EVERY. FUCKING. SINGLE. SEASON.

I'm actually kind of excited to see how we do with zero expectations this season. No one is going to pick us to finish top 4 or win any titles. We're kind of the dark horse.

Anyways, just looked at the trends on Twitter and the hashtag #FreeZouma is trending worldwide. 😂 Everton are desperate for him to come back.

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am not fussed about de light or de Jong. They won't come here. 

Pepe a bit but we have CHO and Puli. 

pretty much where I am at (and have said so)

I just am not buying the meme that de Ligt would NOT have been (if he did come) an insanely good buy as he would have supposedly blocked our talent at CB

and yes, Pepe is the only one so far I am gutted on. Well, Lucas Hernández too.

Dybala and Icardi may do the same to me (but less so than last year), and if (I doubt he will leave at all) Saúl Ñíguez

Zaha too (but only if we buy him for CF)

next year the ones I will snap on if they move (and not to us) will be Mbappe, Jadon Sancho, maybe Ousmane Dembélé

and at CF (if no Mbappe for CF, or Zaha for CF, or Martial at CF, then Iñaki Williams there at CF) <<<< you can see my type of CF is a pure speed merchant, Williams and Zaha in a double CF setup would be a terror (it goes without saying Mbappe would terrorise anywhere you put him)

and CB-wise

José Giménez (so doubt he moves though), Milan Skriniar, Rúben Dias, Evan N'Dicka, Alessio Romagnoli (probably will not leave) and especially Ibrahima Konaté 

we simply MUST grab one of those 6, or something equal (of which there are not many actually available) next summer

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

pretty much where I am at (and have said so)

I just am not buying the meme that de Ligt would NOT have been (if he did come) an insanely good buy as he would have supposedly blocked our talent at CB

and yes, Pepe is the only one so far I am gutted on. Well, Lucas Hernández too.

Dybala and Icardi may do the same to me (but less so than last year), and if (I doubt he will leave at all) Saúl Ñíguez

Zaha too (but only if we buy him for CF)

next year the ones I will snap on if they move (and not to us) will be Mbappe, Jadon Sancho, maybe Ousmane Dembélé

and at CF (if no Mbappe for CF, or Zaha for CF, or Martial at CF, then Iñaki Williams there at CF) <<<< you can see my type of CF is a pure speed merchant, Williams and Zaha in a double CF setup would be a terror (it goes without saying Mbappe would terrorise anywhere you put him)

and CB-wise

José Giménez (so doubt he moves though), Milan Skriniar, Rúben Dias, Evan N'Dicka, Alessio Romagnoli (probably will not leave) and especially Ibrahima Konaté 

we simply MUST grab one of those 6, or something equal (of which there are not many actually available) next summer

Lucas hernandez fee is 80m euro. It is more than Puli and that was a straight up because I think it was his release clause. 

I am not big fan of Dybala and Icardi. Dybala is an ss or no 10 whatever you want to call it. Unless you are a freaking Messi, I am not fond of no 10. 

Icardi has problematic agent so next. 

CB wise, I will wait on what kind of team that Lamp want to build then we can have a sense who will we need in term of cb. Take for example maguire for 80m. He is not exactly the most athletic player, so I don't think he is suited if we want to play tons of transition football. 

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Im not panicking, just obvious holes we have to take care of with quality additions. We cant but anyone atm so there aint much we can do. But next summer we need to Invest good. And the other teams have def improved on paper, but we too will be good imo, im sure we will be well up for a fight.

The main concern I have - am sure everyone does as well - is our strikers. We are found wanting in that position. Otherwise with what we have right now, think we'll be okay for this season at least, as long as the players put in the shifts week in week out. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I'm actually kind of excited to see how we do with zero expectations this season. No one is going to pick us to finish top 4 or win any titles. We're kind of the dark horse.

This might actually be a proper transition season for us. It has been thrown around a bit in last 2-3 seasons but we were still expected to challenge for major trophies. This season will be a free hit. If we can finish in the top 4/win a trophy, it'll be great. Otherwise, am expecting more on improvement from the players and team as a whole. It needs to be about laying the foundation for the future.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Anyways, just looked at the trends on Twitter and the hashtag #FreeZouma is trending worldwide. 😂 Everton are desperate for him to come back.

Not convinced will suit what Lampard wants from this team. He and Luiz in defence are disasters waiting to happen, IMO. Will be happy if I'm proven wrong though.

On 30/07/2019 at 4:14 PM, Vesper said:

here are a tonne of other options

they missed out on Amadou Diawara from Napoli, roma stole him for only £19m

so

FSV Mainz 05’s Jean-Philippe Gbamin, (a fucking BEAST, this is who I would go for)

Nailed it

Everton sign midfielder Gbamin from Mainz for £25m

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

Klopp was the one who started it, and Shitty is more quantity buys than truly huge Barca, Real, PSG insanity. Rodri at only £63m is their alltime record.

They both have no grounds to walk on, and pep may have not paid over 65m for a player while in city, but he sure as hell has spent alot. He spent 250 alone on his defence in 1 window was it? He is a chek book manager as good as he is.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

The main concern I have - am sure everyone does as well - is our strikers. We are found wanting in that position. Otherwise with what we have right now, think we'll be okay for this season at least, as long as the players put in the shifts week in week out. 

Since the Costa issue we have lacked a striker. And we seemingly cannot sort it out, could have got Piatek, but opted for an old and super slow Higs instead. Yes if we can go fight mode then im all happy, desire and hunger will do us plenty good.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

This might actually be a proper transition season for us. It has been thrown around a bit in last 2-3 seasons but we were still expected to challenge for major trophies. This season will be a free hit. If we can finish in the top 4/win a trophy, it'll be great. Otherwise, am expecting more on improvement from the players and team as a whole. It needs to be about laying the foundation for the future.

Not convinced will suit what Lampard wants from this team. He and Luiz in defence are disasters waiting to happen, IMO. Will be happy if I'm proven wrong though.

I am convinced by now there is no such thing as a transition season. The club, board make things up as they go along

28 minutes ago, Strike said:

I am convinced by now there is no such thing as a transition season. The club, board make things up as they go along

Of course there is you've just sold your best player, you can't buy new ones, and you've got a rookie manager. Anyone can see it's going to be a tough season it's not something the club made up it's blindingly obvious.

54 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Of course there is you've just sold your best player, you can't buy new ones, and you've got a rookie manager. Anyone can see it's going to be a tough season it's not something the club made up it's blindingly obvious.

Not talking about whether the season is tough or not but the board has hardly shown any long term planning in the last 6 years so I am skeptical about transition. It seems like there is adapting to do every year or so

Brighton sign Adam Webster in club-record £20m move

https://www.goal.com/en/news/brighton-sign-webster-in-club-record-20m-move/v8yr9ljxy2nc108gl0ex4w098

The 24-year-old signed a four-year contract to join the Premier League side from Bristol, possibly clearing the way for Lewis Dunk to join Leicester

Brighton and Hove Albion have signed Adam Webster from Bristol City for a reported club-record £20 million ($24m) fee.

Webster put pen to paper on a four-year contract in a move that could pave the way for Lewis Dunk to join Leicester to replace Harry Maguire, who is expected to join Manchester United in an £80 million move.

And 24-year-old centre-back Webster, who was playing for Portsmouth in League Two just three years ago, is looking forward to testing himself in the Premier League.

snip

decent signing, but ffs, 20m quid, lolol

Real Madrid 'will not stop pursuit of Paul Pogba' after 'reaching agreement with Ajax star Donny van de Beek'

The midfielder has reportedly agreed personal terms ahead of joining the club

Madrid are yet to agree a fee with Ajax, who value him in the region of £55m

Los Blancos remain confident of clinching deals for Van de Beek and Paul Pogba

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7317473/Real-Madrid-transfer-news-Real-Madrid-reach-agreement-Ajax-Donny-van-Beek.html

TRANSFER NEWS: REAL MADRID ENTER RACE FOR MANCHESTER UNITED AND TOTTENHAM TARGET BRUNO FERNANDES

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2019/08/04/transfer-news-real-madrid-enter-race-for-manchester-united-and-tottenham-target-bruno-fernandes/

Real Madrid have reportedly joined Premier League heavyweights Manchester United and Tottenham in the chase for Portuguese midfielder Bruno Fernandes.

According to a report from Portuguese publication Record, the chase for Sporting Lisbon captain Bruno Fernandes has further intensified as La Liga giants Real Madrid have joined Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur in pursuit of the midfielder.

Fernandes has been one of the hottest commodities of the ongoing summer transfer window after a sensational 2018-19 campaign with Sporting. The 25-year-old came up with a sensational return of 32 goals and 18 assists from 53 matches in all competitions, sparking widespread interest from several clubs across Europe.

Manchester United have been chasing the Portuguese international’s signature all summer long. The Red Devils’ boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen on adding another creative presence to his midfield department to provide support for Paul Pogba, with the 24-year-old Fernandes emerging as the club’s key transfer target.

Recent reports have even claimed that the 20-time English champions were close to getting their man. However, their attempt to sign Fernandes has been jeopardized by a late move by fellow Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur, who are also intent on adding a new attacking midfielder to their ranks as they face the risk of losing star playmaker Christian Eriksen.

This has led to manager Mauricio Pochettino to scour the market for a new addition to the squad to replace the Dane, with Real Betis star Giovani Lo Celso emerging as a target. However, the Lilywhites now seem to have switched their attention towards Fernandes.

Tottenham are believed to have met with Sporting’s officials in order to negotiate a potential deal to get Fernandes to North London. The report from Record claims that Spurs made an offer of €60 million for the midfielder, which was rejected by the Portuguese outfit, who value their captain at €70 million.

With both Tottenham and Manchester United not willing to meet Sporting’s transfer fee demands for Fernandes, a window of opportunity has opened up for Real Madrid, who are also interested in signing the 25-year-old this summer, the report from Record adds.

snip

Manchester City to launch moves for Bournemouth defender and Real Madrid attacker

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/isco-nathan-ake-manchester-city-real-madrid-bournemouth-launch-moves

Manchester City are eyeing up moves for Real Madrid playmaker Isco and Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake in the final few days of the transfer window.

According to the Daily Express, the Premeir League champions hope to land both players ahead of Thursday's deadline.

Pep Guardiola has been tracking Isco all summer and could now take advantage of the fact that Madrid need to trim their wage bill.

Meanwhile, City have turned their attention to Ake after deeming Harry Maguire, who is set to join Manchester United for £80m, to be too expensive.

The Netherlands international is valued at around £40m by Bournemouth, for whom he impressed last season.

snip

Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Dybala could seal move today, Fernandes makes big decision

Manchester United transfer news is coming thick and fast Express Sport has all the latest gossip from Old Trafford including the latest on Bruno Fernandes, Harry Maguire and Paulo Dybala.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1161587/Manchester-United-transfer-news-LIVE-Paulo-Dybala-Bruno-Fernandes-Maguire-Mandzukic