Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

BlueLion.

Let me repeat what I said... I believe that AVB will be a great manager one day, but he was given the opportunity to manage team of such proportions way to early. Let us leave three league defeats in 10 matches aside... Five red cards, several penalties, many decisions against us... Do you have any idea what I'm trying to say? We are having a great spells during matches, but so far not once (count Genk out) we pilled on the pressure. Chelsea lacks consistency and authority. But, just like you said, we will see in May

I totally get you...And i feel it is just the mentality of the league, trying to limit managers performance because of their age and experience....No doubt, over the last couple of weeks nothing has been going in our direction, from referees decisions and now to our own results....But that is the more reason why i am standing behind him even harder than i did Mourinho...The odds are stacking against him right nw, and we just have to see how he bounces back...I sincerely, believe and hope he will come back string for the sake of my Chelsea...It would make for an amazing story in May and something in me just sees it happening....

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol he was always slow! Thought he did ok. As I said the team defensively was just awful overall.

I don't know why but somethings not right there. There's no concentration but this can be worked on.

true that. there certainly are changes to come in the near future considering our back four. at least i hope so.

i don´t know yet it that means new players or if we gonna stop playing that high line but then we need a player like

Modric who has to link up between the back four and the attackers and initiate counter attacks.

Meireles was quality when he came on, he gives us much more going forward than Mikel and he is equally disciplined. I really think we should have Ramires-Meireles at the base of the midfield because one marauds and the other sits, and because they are so dynamic it gives Lampard licence to roam forward too. That would be my one criticism of AVB today, it was the defence and the goalkeeper which cost us the result.

Agree with this especially the last sentence, Cech was terrific against Everton but today was one of his worst performances for the club, that said our defence left him exposed far too easily. AVB will be in deep thought & will make necessary changes & nobody is safe imho. As I said before I was stunned that Meireles didn't start this game, strange one but we must get this week out of our system.

People also have short memories, we went on the worst run of Roman's tenure last year which lasted nearly 3 months yet it still took Utd to almost the last game of the season to win it, bad week but these things happen.

it does make sense if you play a high defensive line with slow defenders like terry and ivanovic. add bosingwa who cant defend if his life depended on it and you have a recipe for disaster.

My exact thought... the main worry I had going into the game was the fact that Arsenal had 2 pacy attackers in Walcott and Gervinho... AVB looked as though he was going all out attack to win this game, which is primarily what we have never done against big clubs in the past! We have passed the ball around the opposition and been patient under the likes of Mourinho and Ancelotti (at times).

Today however, we were NOT patient... and our defence was all over the place... Arsenal exploited that, and used creativity to their advantage. Also, you could easily tell that AVB hadn't understood the art of defending because of all the space that we gave to them. I was flabbergasted to see Santos running into an open space to equalise at the beginning of the second half because all of our defence were drawn to the other side.

I honestly think Luiz should have been selected to play alongside Terry, and put Ivanovic at right back because, at least then our marking would have been better, and there would have been less gaps in the defence. And as you so rightly say, Bosingwa can't defend to save his life.

I totally get you...And i feel it is just the mentality of the league, trying to limit managers performance because of their age and experience....No doubt, over the last couple of weeks nothing has been going in our direction, from referees decisions and now to our own results....But that is the more reason why i am standing behind him even harder than i did Mourinho...The odds are stacking against him right nw, and we just have to see how he bounces back...I sincerely, believe and hope he will come back string for the sake of my Chelsea...It would make for an amazing story in May and something in me just sees it happening....

Yes, it would. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed too. But he needs to sort out many things ASAP! Starting with first XI. We have seven strikers, 316 midfielders rotating... that won't end up well. Not only we cannot get these guys playing, but we are also having first signs of major problems in lockeroom too.

Yes, it would. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed too. But he needs to sort out many things ASAP! Starting with first XI. We have seven strikers, 316 midfielders rotating... that won't end up well. Not only we cannot get these guys playing, but we are also having first signs of major problems in lockeroom too.

I know its scary when you think about it all....I never thought he was gonna come around and hit the magic button and everything would be fine, i actually expected all this since the first day he took charge....I just hope he goes through it all fine and we smile in May....

Dunno what to say, been one of the worst days of my life, i haven't seen Chelsea like this for a long time. At half time i saw the writing on the wall, they cut us open so many times we were just asking to concede goals but i thought, we've got away with it, we've been taken apart at times but 2-1 up at half time, we've ridden the wave and we'll sort it out at half time. So WTF happened? This is a very dark day in our history and now, fuck the QPR home game, i'm waiting for the rematch at the emirates and i'll love nothing more than to beat them there. Overall we lost because of a JT slip (heard that once before) but we thoroughly deserved to lose today. Gutted

Bad, BAD day.

Dunno what to say, been one of the worst days of my life, i haven't seen Chelsea like this for a long time. At half time i saw the writing on the wall, they cut us open so many times we were just asking to concede goals but i thought, we've got away with it, we've been taken apart at times but 2-1 up at half time, we've ridden the wave and we'll sort it out at half time. So WTF happened? This is a very dark day in our history and now, fuck the QPR home game, i'm waiting for the rematch at the emirates and i'll love nothing more than to beat them there. Overall we lost because of a JT slip (heard that once before) but we thoroughly deserved to lose today. Gutted

Bad, BAD day.

read my post on the "Calm Down " thread and see if your opinion is unchanged

I am absolutely fuming at the moment, i think i will post tomorrow when i have calmed down a bit. I will go for a nice 30 min walk now and just try and think what the hell went wrong. I would just like to say that we deserve an apology today from Torres, he embarrassed himself and the club. He had like 3 touches in a game that was completely open and 2 of the touches were offside. I will lay into him tomorrow and will also lay into Bosingwa too. Regards !

Lampard scores the 6000th goal for Chelsea fc and Terry followed in ... thats something to remember :)

Come on AVB ... I am waiting to see sparks of your brilliance ... we need to show our frustration on all the teams we face from now with a big huge margin..