Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

BlueLion.

Problem with David is his head, not his feet.

I think AVB had hopes (or I did at least...) Luiz would be leading the charge and allow for the high defensive line. But he started the season injured and has proved to be incapable so far of being a disciplined CB.

Think some of the issues in the summer are now rearing their heads as we have to face the good teams. Problems all over the defense. Cole is still game, love his heart but his powers and pace are waning. And it's scary to think he's still the best thing Chelsea have in defense.

And yes, Chelsea needed Modric. If anything, a deep MF to retain possession and keep the fucking ball away from the defense.

Very frustrating because we had a peak at these issues but tried to paper over them. It's best to admit that there are no quick fixes and some serious rebuilding is in order. 2009-10 was brilliant for Chelsea but really rebuilding should have started then. Chelsea are now paying the piper.

Excellent points.

A deep lying MF playmaker will really help us, stops putting so much weight on Mata's shoulders.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut the fuck up....Like you are shit....Man if you were in TX we would had it on today...I am not an internet gangster or shit like that....Dont even go there.....Just shut up right now and try to support the team you claim to be a fan of, through their first hard time this season...

O, yes, we would. Finally we can agree on something. And try to figure this one out - by stating that AVB is not ready to fight with the big boys - there is nothing disrecpectful towards my team. That is the only reason why i mentioned 1993. From Glenn Hoddle till today, I've probably seen 90% of Chelsea matches, standing proud with my team. And no TX douchebag will call me glory hunter just because I'm having doubts about current manager with a very good reasons. Clear?

Funny in a tear soaked way...all of Arsenal's goals were scored in a way I thought Chelsea were going to against Arsenal's defense. Exploit spaces and lots of fast attacks leaving their defenders on their butts.

Funny.

Chelsea's defense was much worse than Arsenal's. Think about it.

On a sidenote... does anybody else think Sczesny should have gotten the boot after the awful challenge on Cole? Foy certainly would've given it... if it was QPR

Even my gooner mate said that.

On a sidenote... does anybody else think Sczesny should have gotten the boot after the awful challenge on Cole? Foy certainly would've given it... if it was us

I can see why not, Mertesaker was ahead of Scz.. when it happened, but certainly denied a gs opportunity once Cole took it down imo.

O, yes, we would. Finally we can agree on something. And try to figure this one out - by stating that AVB is not ready to fight with the big boys - there is nothing disrecpectful towards my team. That is the only reason why i mentioned 1993. From Glenn Hoddle till today, I've probably seen 90% of Chelsea matches, standing proud with my team. And no TX douchebag will call me glory hunter just because I'm having doubts about current manager with a very good reasons. Clear?

Yo....I am no TX douche bag to start off...I am just sticking up for my team and manager...Something you need to learn a lil about no matter how many hours your feet has hurt from standing n watching a chelsea game....

WTF are you calling the big leagues of manager, i dont believe in that crap...he has been doing a good job so far and not this result is gonna change my thought about that...Was Scolari not considered in to be in the managers big league before he game to chelsea....I will take a man who spent his teenage years studying the game over pretty much anyone out there now....Well we will see in may

If Sturridge played "decent" we would have won this game before half time. But obviously he didn't and wasted too many opportunities.

That leads to my main point of us needing another RW. Just in case Sturridge is having a bad game, there can be someone to call on, who's name isn't 'Anelkalouda'

You know what - I'm feeling better now. It was a bad match, let's put it behind us. I trust that AVB will rectify this. He has definitely learnt that his philosophy of "scoring one more goal than the opponent" does not work all the time. Defensively we need to become more rigid. He will work on it. Some of you lot are acting as if we've just been relegated. It's only October for christs sake!!

CAREFREE, WHEREVER WE MAY BE :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Yeah that's what I meant, Malouda should not have played that pass. It makes it look like Terry was at fault for the goal, but there's nothing JT could of done.

Yeh I was agreeing with what you said! Feel a little bad for JT. He did well in the first half and was overall ok, I thought. Defensively we were poor as a unit and a couple of individual errors - like Bosingwa for their fifth and Malouda for their fourth - but overall as a team we were really shite defensively. The papers are gonna shit on him tomorrow for that slip!

WTF are you calling the big leagues of manager, i dont believe in that crap...Well we will see in may

Let me repeat what I said... I believe that AVB will be a great manager one day, but he was given the opportunity to manage team of such proportions way to early. Let us leave three league defeats in 10 matches aside... Five red cards, several penalties, many decisions against us... Do you have any idea what I'm trying to say? We are having a great spells during matches, but so far not once (count Genk out) we pilled on the pressure. Chelsea lacks consistency and authority. But, just like you said, we will see in May

Now that I'm thinking about it, how can a defence that consists of Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, concede 5 goals at home .. against an Arsenal side who got blown away 8-2 at United, lost against Sp*rs, and fired blanks at home against Liverpool!

It just doesn't make any sense!

What do you guys think about the John Terry Situation ?

I am not referring to his slippery there but about his general perfomance. To me it looks as he hasn´t got the pace anymore to catch up with players like Van Persie (who had an amazing game and hopefully be injured after an Arsenal 4 - Bolton 5-match) and so on and so forth. We have to start making plans withoug Terry soon i am afraid to say.

About the game itself: arsenal deserved to win this although i think that at 3:3 we had a bit of momentum to nick it.

Arsenal played really well, pushed us back and exploited our high defensive line. i think that none our players particulary had a bad game.

AVB still has to adapt and learn about this league. I do think that he´s the right man for the job because taking action and consequences towards our way of playing.

Crazy scorelines this season though. At 2:2 i thought that this must´ve been the first time in 5 years.

I just thought of something. Alex isn't injured is he?! He should've been on the subs bench and could've come on when we got that free-kick which Lamps took and kind of messed it up. I know a lot of people dont like him (for some reason) but I bet if Alex took it, he would've smashed it!!! :D

What do you guys think about the John Terry Situation ?

I am not referring to his slippery there but about his general perfomance. To me it looks as he hasn´t got the pace anymore to catch up with players like Van Persie (who had an amazing game and hopefully be injured after an Arsenal 4 - Bolton 5-match) and so on and so forth. We have to start making plans withoug Terry soon i am afraid to say.

lol he was always slow! Thought he did ok. As I said the team defensively was just awful overall.

I don't know why but somethings not right there. There's no concentration but this can be worked on.

Now that I'm thinking about it, how can a defence that consists of Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, concede 5 goals at home .. against an Arsenal side who got blown away 8-2 at United, lost against Sp*rs, and fired blanks at home against Liverpool!

It just doesn't make any sense!

it does make sense if you play a high defensive line with slow defenders like terry and ivanovic. add bosingwa who cant defend if his life depended on it and you have a recipe for disaster.