Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

BlueLion.

Ok everyone i have calmed down now, i said i would post tomorrow but i have gone for my 30 min walk and i can now contribute to this thread. This high line tactic needs to be scraped because lets face it neither Ivo or Terry are Usain Bolt, pacy strikers and wingers are finding it too easy to run off our defenders. I will no longer defend Bosingwa because he has no end product and he just runs like a headless chicken, the fact that he can't defend to save his life does not help his case neither. Torres just had the worst shocker this season, he was so shocking that it was like we had 10 men. Lukaku needs to stop drifting out to the wing to take players on, he just cant do it, Terry is better than him at it. Lampard played well and you could tell he gave a fuck today, Ramires also got his tackles in and he played OK. Ashley was ok too, Mata was good and Meireles added to our midfield when he came on. I am just worried about how shocking Torres was because that was terrible it was like he was not even there.

Torres' worst game since Norwich at home.... hardly got past anyone when he had the ball.

You would expect him to shine in such an open game with so much space, damn!

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok everyone i have calmed down now, i said i would post tomorrow but i have gone for my 30 min walk and i can now contribute to this thread. This high line tactic needs to be scraped because lets face it neither Ivo or Terry are Usain Bolt, pacy strikers and wingers are finding it too easy to run off our defenders. I will no longer defend Bosingwa because he has no end product and he just runs like a headless chicken, the fact that he can't defend to save his life does not help his case neither. Torres just had the worst shocker this season, he was so shocking that it was like we had 10 men. Lukaku needs to stop drifting out to the wing to take players on, he just cant do it, Terry is better than him at it. Lampard played well and you could tell he gave a fuck today, Ramires also got his tackles in and he played OK. Ashley was ok too, Mata was good and Meireles added to our midfield when he came on. I am just worried about how shocking Torres was because that was terrible it was like he was not even there.

You have to admit that Danny was as bad as Torres.

You have to admit that Danny was as bad as Torres.

Danny was by far our worst player. His finishing and final balls were terrible and he gave the ball away every time he got it. I still like Danny and i would start him every game but theres no doubting he was shit today

Why wasn't the Arsenal Goalkeeper shown a red card for his tackle on Cole ???

United fans:

Looks like Andres Villas Boas' reign at Chelsea will only last for 3-5 Months

:doh:

He wasn't sent off because they had plenty of cover and cole was never gonna score.

The front line wasn't in any rhythm today. Maybe Danny was pressing too much with Capello there watching? Maybe Torres needed to play a little in the Everton game. Maybe he had too much time off since the Genk game (his own doing).

The middle was ok but they couldn't seem to control the game either.

The defense had one of those games that was ugly. Cech did not do well either on some of those goals.

A performance to learn from (hopefully). Rather lose badly in October than in April/May though.

Danny was by far our worst player. His finishing and final balls were terrible and he gave the ball away every time he got it. I still like Danny and i would start him every game but theres no doubting he was shit today

At least he touched the ball today, i don't know what Torres was doing...

But yeah, Danny was bad today. He needs to learn how to use his right foot, and how to cross.

At least he touched the ball today, i don't know what Torres was doing...

But yeah, Danny was bad today. He needs to learn how to use his right foot, and how to cross.

Most importantly how to pass!

Torres had a bad day. But for someone to say he had a shocker? How? Because he was offsides on 1 of the 3 opportunities to get clear? Give me a break.

Again, he was very poor. But I'm trying to think of one pass or feed to him that was actually a goal scoring opportunity? He was marked out today. His fault? Sure. His teammates not helping with space or service? Do those things mean anything?

This team has fundamental issues and Torres as a tip of the spear striker can't influence too much of what's happening behind him. His most important contribution is his movement upfront to give his teammates options. He was very poor doing that today.

The fundamental issues go beyond Torres. It's not tweaking a defensive line that better suits the reality of this squad. Individually we have good midfielders. Collectively, they can't control a game. What does it tell you that Arsenal 2-1 down, came back in the 2nd half by tightening and lowering its defensive line and counterattacking Chelsea? That's what the WINNING team is supposed to be doing. But we don't have a midfield that can really dictate play, retain possession against decent teams, etc. I said early in the season I never wanted to see a MF of Lampard, Ramires and Mikel again. They're fine players but this trio isn't a MF that dictates play at all. And a MF that cedes control only hurts the defense even more.

Drogba starting this season = not so good

Drogba as a sub = good chance for a goal...

How I wish it was Didier who came on instead of Lukaku (although he did help with the 3'rd goal) today....the goonies and their fans would have pissed their pants...

#5. everyone seemed out of sorts and not confident

I wonder if the last week and all of it's very public drama had any negative effect on the boys. Its easy to say they get paid a lot of money and should just get on with it but I wonder. Thank goodness October is almost done.

Also think Essien or Romeu would have done a better closing down job than Ramires or Mikel did today...the back 4 and Cech were needlessly exposed today...

I agree. We were really poor closing them down, leaving our high line very vulnerable.

Torres is a way better player than van Persie, i spent hours watching his skills and all in all these years, he's kind of a brain melting and a very unique player... He's just a little bit out of his form is all i guess. He'll be just fine. and as for today's game, it was a total misfortune.. :(