Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meireles is a pretty decent player when he wants to be mate. He presses and passes very well at times but he just lacks focus and concentration which makes him do silly things such as take ridiculous shots or make silly passes. However when he does stay concentrated for a whole game he's a very effective player like he was for portugal at the Euros. Topal is a defensive midfielder if i remember correctly? Meireles should be able to form a good partnership with him as Topal can do all the dirty work and then leave the creativity to Meireles to pick out players like Stoch on the wing. He'll be a good signing for you definitely

Man, you know very well about Fenerbahce. I agree with you about Mehmet Topal and Meireles.

Raul is full of talent but has not been able to concentrate in Chelsea as you say, but Turkish League is very convenient for his style.

In addition, Topal's style is very convenient for backing up Meireles and Kuyt will assist him too.

Fenerbahce got the midfielder of Chelsea, which satisfied me as a Fenerbahce fan and surprised me as a Chelsea fan..

Selling Meireles is not foolish, but why did they send Essien on loan, if they would sell Meireles?

Btw, Chelsea may regret selling Meireles this year, but will definitely regret selling Stoch in the next few years (I mean it:)

Man, you know very well about Fenerbahce. I agree with you about Mehmet Topal and Meireles.

Raul is full of talent but has not been able to concentrate in Chelsea as you say, but Turkish League is very convenient for his style.

In addition, Topal's style is very convenient for backing up Meireles and Kuyt will assist him too.

Fenerbahce got the midfielder of Chelsea, which satisfied me as a Fenerbahce fan and surprised me as a Chelsea fan..

Selling Meireles is not foolish, but why did they send Essien on loan, if they would sell Meireles?

Btw, Chelsea may regret selling Meireles this year, but will definitely regret selling Stoch in the next few years (I mean it:)

That's the question as it stands now: Why did we give away Essien and sell Meireles just a few days later? Makes no sense at all for me. A PL season is tough and without back-ups who aren't much worse than the starter you can lose points and games. It's confusing. We'll have to see what RDM's plan is (or who ever is responsible for this strange deal).

Fener got a good international proven player, he'll be more worth for you than he was for us, no doubt about it. A friend of mine is Fener fan so I'll try to stay updated about Raul's efforts :lol:

What? Meireles has left? What were the club thinking? We have considerably weakened our weakest position with the departures of Essien and Meireles. Who do we have now? Mikel, Lampard, Ramires and the lost son Romeu... this midfield won't last the whole season unless we revert to 4-3-3, I see no players there who can play in 4-2-3-1 consistently in an honours challenging side. Playing Oscar there will murder his potential and won't benefit us in defence, which is shit as it is.

I think his performance at Camp Nou was legendary. He knew if he got booked, he would miss the final. Despite this, he was fighting and then saved us from a Barca counter by knocking down their player. Then he was trying to persuade the ref not to give the yellow card and he was clearly devastated. But still he kept on fighting. Absolutely stunning.

Good luck wherever you will be Raul, a champion of Europe.

How is it good business to give 2 players away who play the same position? And in the position where we have the most difficulty? Riddle me that.

Dan Levene has got the answer for you: http://sulia.com/channel/chelsea-fc/f/3cdf8a18-a7f6-4015-bc77-ba122969a4fd/?source=twitter

By offloading Essien, Meireles and Benayoun, we saved 8.6m in wages and gained 8m from selling Meireles. How much is our squad weakened though is something that will be revealed in the future.

If you could project proper english, then I could begin to understand. But, we have no one who can play the DM. Not enough for cover anyways. We made a bad business deal, so accept it. Unless RDM changes the formation, then we are FUCKED! If we go to 4-3-3, then we are fine. We can't play a 4-2-3-1........we just dont have the players.

How would changing to 4-3-3 from 4-2-3-1 help?

hahahha nothing like another knee-jerk reaction at TC because guy who had approx. 3-5 good games and a very good last one is leaving. reading this you would have thought we sold john terry to polish league.

you always wanted to see the youngsters play and when we loaned essien who would just take their place and who is both with meireles rather old, you're now screaming for robbie's head.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-09-04/meireles-fenerbahce-as-big-as-chelsea/

Raul Meireles declared Fenerbahce to be as big a club as Chelsea and Liverpool after completing his move to the Turkish giants.

Meireles last night became the latest summer departure from Stamford Bridge, with the Portugal midfielder signing a four-year deal to ply his trade in Istanbul.

And the former Liverpool star immediately insisted he had not taken a step down in his career.

"I can't wait to get started - Fenerbahce is as big a club as Chelsea, Liverpool and Porto," Meireles told FB TV, revealing former Anfield team-mate Dirk Kuyt had played a part in the pair being reunited in Turkey.

"I had a great season playing at Liverpool with Kuyt. He told me about Fenerbahce and encouraged me to make the move.

"I have friends playing in Turkey. Kuyt has told be on several occasions that Istanbul is a beautiful city, I'm very excited about the prospect of playing here."

The 29-year-old, who reportedly cost £8million just a year after joining Chelsea for £12million, added: "Fenerbahce are a big club, everybody knows what kind of history the club has.

"I'm a team player, I love to win but what's more important is that the team wins.

"I can promise the fans that I will always give it my all and be a professional.

"For me, it's all about work, work, work. My goal is to win trophies here, I will do everything I can to try and make it happen."