Raul Meireles

chrismada9

Most of them are Fenerbahce fans though. The'yre now here to 'claim victory', like they had just signed our best player against our will, when in reality it was the Chelsea board who had decided to let Meireles go. Most of us fans don't understand this nor do we even have to, but if we wanted to keep Meireles we sure as hell would have and a club like Fenerbahce can't do shit to force us to sell them our players.

I have heard that Fenerbahce fans are crying out of joy because they signed Meireles. Note to all Fenerbahce fans reading this topic and flooding our servers: Raul is not even that good, but we only wanted to keep him because we are short in numbers at the moment. It's not like you got the best player in the world or anything. :lol:

Hire people to spam chelseafc.com :Goober:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing this is good for is Romeu as with essien loaned and Raul gone he should be definately be given more of an oppetunity. Not too bothered about him leaving, he wasn't gonna play many games as many people are ahead of him. Our squad does loose some depth though and the timing of the transfer is a bit weird as we have no time to consider the possibility of a cheap replacement. Shouldn't be a huge loss.. Nothing against the guy, he always worked for us and has been useful to the squad in his short time here....

Why does it say 393 people viewing it... Are people serious when they say its because fenerbache fans are on here or something... If so, 2 questions, Why? its not like we accidently accepted a bid for hazard for 8 mil. 2. where is fenerbache anyway? :Goober:

Ramires can be quite good there. Imagine Mikel or Romeu+Ramires, where obviousley Mikel and Romeu are the more defensive ones, with Ramires putting speed to the counter-attack. Ramires is also good for breaking through the oppositions midfield. A formation like this could be quite good:

Cech

Iva - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Oscar

Mata -----------------Hazard

Torres

And regarding Romeu, with Essien and Meireles gone, SURELY he will be given playtime. Mikel wont play every single game, and when he needs a rest or gets injured, whos gonna step in?

The 4-2-3-1 requires a creative player as the deep-lying midfielder. If you play someone like Ramires, there is no proper bridge between your defenders and your attackers. Being fast does not make up for not being able to create. Ramires created an awful 1 chance every 124 minutes last season despite playing mostly an attacking role. Ramires is simply not a deep lying midfielder and playing him there would be a silly mistake.

As for Romeu playing when Mikel needs to be rested, that was likely to happen anyway. Essien could have played as a defensive midfielder but Meireles isn't one and his departure doesn't effect Romeu in any way.

http://www.kap.gov.t....aspx?id=235556

I take it that is the official site of the Turkish stock exchange, pretty much confirming the deal? Transfer fee at 10m€ and a decent contract for Raul himself.

Chelsea Football Club player Raul Meireles parties agreed on the transfer of our club.

According to this, 10 million euros transfer fee to be paid to Chelsea Club,

a 4-year-year warranty fee to be paid to players under contract are as follows;

2012-2013 SEASON for

3 million, - Euro Warranty Price 10.000, - Euro Maçbaşı Fee

for the season 2013-2014

2.500.000, - Euro Warranty Price 10.000, - Euro Maçbaşı Fee

for the season 2014-2015

2.500.000, - Euro Warranty Price 10.000, - Euro Maçbaşı Fee

for the season 2015-2016

2 million, - Euro Warranty Price 10.000, - Euro Maçbaşı Fee

edit: http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2909772/title/meireles-departs-for-turkey

Now also confirmed at chelseafc.com

Hi guys, I'm a Fenerbahçe Fan.

First of all; we are not claiming victory. It's just a transfer, why would we call that "victory"?

I actually didnt watch Raul so much. I'm here to read comments about Raul and i realized Raul was an important player for Chelsea. Even someone says you needed him for Lampards alternate. And here my question is:

We needed a midfield who can play offensive & defensive either. Is Raul a player like that or not?

Hi guys, I'm a Fenerbahçe Fan.

First of all; we are not claiming victory. It's just a transfer, why would we call that "victory"?

I actually didnt watch Raul so much. I'm here to read comments about Raul and i realized Raul was an important player for Chelsea. Even someone says you needed him for Lampards alternate. And here my question is:

We needed a midfield who can play offensive & defensive either. Is Raul a player like that or not?

Think of Zidane in his prime mixed with Frank Rijkaard.

Now imagine a 10th of that player with 1 leg.

Meireles is simply a CM, not a CDM or a CAM, he's a CM. He can defend a bit and he can attack a bit but he's pretty shite at both if i'm honest. He's your basic 'runner' who has energy and a decent passer. He's your 7/10 every week midfielder. Has a good shot on him tho but like Essien, 9/10 fly over the stand, 1 might fly in.

Meireles is simply a CM, not a CDM or a CAM, he's a CM. He can defend a bit and he can attack a bit but he's pretty shite at both if i'm honest. He's your basic 'runner' who has energy and a decent passer. He's your 7/10 every week midfielder. Has a good shot on him tho but like Essien, 9/10 fly over the stand, 1 might fly in.

that is a pretty accurate appraisal of an average squad player.