Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really really pissed off we didn't keep Meireles. He's really outstanding player, With many experience and Capacity.

The Mikel-Lampard partnership in the defensive midfield aint working at all, And we all saw the difference between our match against newcastle where it was Meireles and Mikel and between our match against Athletico where it was Lampard-Mikel.

I Really think we shouldn't let him go.. Same as 2010.. Selling players without replacing them.. Hopefully that won't cost us anything. All of my love to Meireles.

Nice one Chelsea, already weakened in the central midfield area by loaning out Essien and now you make it even worse by selling Meireles!

Thank you Meireles and good luck in Turkey with Fenerbahce. Will never forget this moment.

EPIC!

At the time i was screaming at him to play Ramires through. The finish was sensational and right in front of the Benfica fans :D

I don't get this. Meireles has been up and down since joining Chelsea but if RDM continues to want to play the 4-2-3-1, who can sub for Lampard? We need someone to be able to rotate into the starting XI and there is literally nobody else with that sort of experience on the roster. The squad seems so imbalanced. We have a huge number of attacking midfielders and really no central midfielders.

I would seriously look at taking him back this season. He's a massive personality, tonnes of experience and while clearly past his prime, could still offer a calm head and quality in a deep position a la scholes.

I would seriously look at taking him back this season. He's a massive personality, tonnes of experience and while clearly past his prime, could still offer a calm head and quality in a deep position a la scholes.

I honestly think he is an 'okay' temporary solution till the Jan transfer window.

This could be awesome news. Perhaps we will be using Ramires in the double pivot but maybe even better, Romeu is back(?). If so, selling Meireles is a good option. LOANING Essien out tho is a very wierd decision. I would understand if he was sold, but loaned? Why?

This could be awesome news. Perhaps we will be using Ramires in the double pivot but maybe even better, Romeu is back(?). If so, selling Meireles is a good option. LOANING Essien out tho is a very wierd decision. I would understand if he was sold, but loaned? Why?

Ramires is not the right player for the double pivot role. You need to be a creative passer to play there and that's just not Ramires. Also, don't see how this would get Romeu more time because he's a straight defensive midfielder which is Mikel's spot and he's still around. I have no idea what RDM is going to do though because no options really make sense.

Chill people, I've got the answer for you: http://thebluemark.w...ichael-ballack/

"Why not?" is my question. He's not a worldclass player anymore, but he's still a good and intelligent one and he knows Chelsea. We would just need him for our depth.