Raul Meireles

chrismada9

The only plus side to this deal is that Oriol could get more games.

The horrible downside is that we bought him for 12m. and sold him for 8m. And that we probably are about to see a lot more of the magic that "Mikel-Lampard" are working out together.

Another plus side could be that with Raul gone Oscars opertunity for a starting place just openend up.

All in all, I am not convinced by this deal.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're calling Yaya Toure a 'Creative' player? i mean sure he's technical, can move the ball nicely, but i dont think he's extremely creative as a midfielder.

Yes, Ya Ya Toure definitely has the ability to create. For example, last season, he created a chance once every 49 minutes. He had 6 assists in the league. Ramires, on the other hand, had had 2 assists in about 60 league games over 2 years and created a chance once every 124 minutes last season. Ya Ya Toure is not a prototypical creative deep-lying midfielder (like Iniesta or Xabi Alonso) -he's really a box to box midfielder, but he's such a well-rounded and fantastic player that he'll fit into any system and he is definitely creative enough to play in that role. Ya Ya Toure is an excellent passer. Ramires is not.

Your post just gave me goosebumps bro...

Who should back up Lampard?? I wish Lampard was the back up!

Oscar will compete against Lampard. Here is a quote from Oscar weeks back

'It would be in the position of Lampard. The Di Matteo spoke and said that one of my strengths will be playing there. But playing in the position of Mata also open game, he knows it. It's a smart coach. Chelsea have not only I, but other versatile players."

Not sure if he means in the double pivot or Lampard LCM role in 4-3-3.

Link:http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/8/22/3260151/what-do-chelsea-see-as-oscars-eventual-position

it almost like i hope and also dont at same time that oscar fits in the pivot. if he fails there, then a switch to 433 is a must. but if he doesnt fail , rambo will continually be used on the wing. jus gota wait and fucking see.

I don't think Ramires will be used on the wing anymore, with Moses and Marin in the team.

Moses was not used in the last game cause he just got here, and Marin still injured.

Ramires is not the right player for the double pivot role. You need to be a creative passer to play there and that's just not Ramires. Also, don't see how this would get Romeu more time because he's a straight defensive midfielder which is Mikel's spot and he's still around. I have no idea what RDM is going to do though because no options really make sense.

As some people pointed out, we might be playing a 4-3-3.

RDM did use a 4-1-4-1 in the pre-season....and to be fair, I never seen such a thing in big teams! :lol:

I don't think Ramires will be used on the wing anymore, with Moses and Marin in the team.

Moses was not used in the last game cause he just got here, and Marin still injured.

I like that...remember when CFC destroyed man shitty a couple of seasons ago...when Ray Mears got the goal of the year? he was playing in the middle of that one & just shredded the man shitty center & chipped Hart from about close range??

I think we would see more of that if Ray Mears was in the middle of the park.

I like that...remember when CFC destroyed man shitty a couple of seasons ago...when Ray Mears got the goal of the year? he was playing in the middle of that one & just shredded the man shitty center & chipped Hart from about close range??

I think we would see more of that if Ray Mears was in the middle of the park.

Ray Mears is a nature survival expert who has his own shows that are quite popular in the u.k :D

always good to see that goal again tho. gotta love Rami..switch back to a 4-3-3 permanently (or atleast till we get more players suited to another formation) and we be sorted with what we have got.

Thanks for everything Raul, he was great against Barcelona, took one for the team and shown full commitment and passion even though it cost him probably his only CL final he will ever play in... What a guy!, also had cool hair, best of luck lad.

Thanks for everything Raul, he was great against Barcelona, took one for the team and shown full commitment and passion even though it cost him probably his only CL final he will ever play in... What a guy!, also had cool hair, best of luck lad.

I liked his tats better. He has a nice looking sleeve of ink there

raul_bos.jpg

rm_ismad.jpg

Like Joker10 said, this transfer clearly shows that Oscar will be in the double pivot before long.

Not sure how it shows this, Oscar is an attacking midfielder and he isn't strong defensively. Think we should be looking to build the team around him as our no.10. Can see him really struggling if he's made to play deeper.

Getting £8m for Merieles is good business I think, given his age