Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you always wanted to see the youngsters play and when we loaned essien who would just take their place and who is both with meireles rather old, you're now screaming for robbie's head.

Can't speak for fellow CFC fans, but after the fuck up of Carlo's second season, i never want us to chuck experience away in favour of unproven youngsters ever again.

hahahha nothing like another knee-jerk reaction at TC because guy who had approx. 3-5 good games and a very good last one is leaving. reading this you would have thought we sold john terry to polish league.

you always wanted to see the youngsters play and when we loaned essien who would just take their place and who is both with meireles rather old, you're now screaming for robbie's head.

Nobody should be screaming for Robbie's head (and I don't think he has much say in transfers anyway) but I just don't get this move. We have excellent depth in all attacking midfield positions-Hazard, Mata, Moses, Ramires, Lampard, Oscar, Marin, Malouda, Sturridge and even Piazon can play there. We have two pure defensive midfielders in Mikel and Romeu but for the deep-lying midfielder we have Lampard and nobody else. Even Lampard is not a natural at this position. Oscar might be able to play there but he's a natural#10 and he's new to the Premiership. The imbalance in the squad is very strange. Then you think, well maybe Chelsea are going to move to a 4-3-3 but that doesn't make sense either because it would turn Hazard and Mata from playing behind the striker into pure wingers which means they'd run the show less which is not what you want. It will be interesting to see what happens next but I find this move confusing. (And I don't want to see youngsters being given more than peripheral jobs until they earn more playing time.)

Also, agree with you about how ridiculous it is that people only seem to remember the last game Meireles played. It reminds me of my 3 YO niece, When I was at the Zoo with her, I asked her "what's your favourite animal?".and she always picked the last one she saw.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/04/3352435/chelsea-may-regret-discarding-mr-expendable-meireles

Never thought I'd ever say this about a goal.com article, but this is actually written pretty well and sums up Meireles about as perfectly as possible, and also sums up my own worries on letting him leave.

It's an ironic thing but some players are destined to be squad players. However they become such important squad players generally through their reliability and versatility that they are actually missed more than some first team players when they leave.

I was genuinely gutted when i heard on the way back from my trip last night he was going.

I was talking to the guy who picked me up at the station and gave me a lift home about every thing that went on football wise this weekend, after finding out about the 4-1 i asked about deadline day was told Yossi went to West Ham on loan then Real have got Essien on loan (surprised but not too downbeat as he hasn't been the same for a while) then i said ok not too bad about Essien as he was not as good as he use to be and we still have Meireles as a squad option then he was like oh no i forgot about Meireles, he's off to Turkey, my first thought was fuck we are stuck with Mikel and Lampard in the double pivot all season.

What did bewilder me about the Essien loan was, if he was going on loan to Madrid, then why on earth didn't we do a swap loan which included Sahin, how we could do with him in the 2 right now.

I must admit at times last season I was close to tears watching Raul playing in a Chelsea shirt but not once could I ever dislike the guy. He is one cool dude and funny enough had fantastic games when we was going through some pretty bad times. Think we should have kept him for another season as for me he is more mobile and has better legs than Lampard does but hey how dare RDM drop Frank i guess...lol. Wish you all the best Raul and thanks for helping us win the Champions League.

I was genuinely gutted when i heard on the way back from my trip tonight he was going.

I was talking to the guy who picked me up at the station and gave me a lift home about every thing that went on football wise this weekend, after finding out about the 4-1 i asked about deadline day was told Yossi went to West Ham on loan then Real have got Essien on loan (surprised but not too downbeat as he hasn't been the same for a while) then i said ok not too bad about Essien as he was not as good as he use to be and we still have Meireles as a squad option then he was like oh no i forgot about Meireles, he's off to Turkey, my first thought was fuck we are stuck with Mikel and Lampard in the double pivot all season.

What did bewilder me about the Essien loan was, if he was going on loan to Madrid, then why on earth didn't we do a swap loan which included Sahin, how we could do with him in the 2 right now.

Well Sahin had already moved to the scousers and i think that Real moved for Essien on deadline day.

HOWEVER Madrid moved for Essien because they were willing to let Lassana Diarra move out on loan. He has since gone to Anzhi i believe.

Why the hell didn't we go for Diarra in return. He's developed since we had him and would offer a very good option for the pivot. He has played there for Real and would have offered so much more mobility and defensive protection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP6VNFgCjtY

Are you taking the piss mate? You come on here, make 2 posts, one being a goal scored against Chelsea. And it has nothing to do with Meireles.

Forget spammers and those who like to be controversial, it's idiots like you who need banning from the forum, coming on here contributing fuck all.

He's got a point. Fener are massive in Turkey. They probably have more domestic fans than Chelsea and Liverpool combined.

Yeah but 99.9% of their fans are massive cunts, the retards who came on here and spammed the forum prove my theory.

Yeah but 99.9% of their fans are massive cunts, the retards who came on here and spammed the forum prove my theory.

How many came on? A couple of hundred at the most?

There are tens of millions of Fener fans in Turkey and around the world, you can't make such a sweeping generalisation.