Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha you have all said "HE IS GOING NOWHERE!! WE NEED HIM AFTER SENDING ESSIEN TO REAL"

What happened? :dance: :dance: :getin:

Lol, is really saying 2 days ago that Meireles will sign Fenerbahce, and us not believing you is the greatest achievement of your life?

Well done Sir.

Not delighted or pissed off he's gone. Good squad player and was great for us last season in Europe. Thanks Raul, glad you've freed up space for Piazon and Romeu. Maybe even Chalobah could get some games as a CDM in some cups because he does that role well and can play double pivot. This is good but maybe not the greatest timing.

Chalobah has went on loan at Zola's Watford.

Unbelievable.... the competition this year is immense and our board decides to let go of an important midfielder.

Say whatever u like but the fact is this guy was integral to our success last season and he surely would have provided some needed depth this season.

Let's just hope we don't regret letting him go.

Raul, thanks and good luck..

Fenerbahce, congratulations and good luck :)

i cant understand di matteo , first essien went , now meireles, he was great squad player ; who will be backup of lampard , i am so angry

well it seems it will 433 and rambo will back lamps up in b2b role imo. dont see any other scenario.

with the club letting Meireles, Essien and Lukaku go this summer i can see us signing replacements in January. I have a feeling its going to be an exciting January transfer window like in 2011 when we signed Luiz and Torres, hopefully this January it will be Falcao and a DM coming in!

396 people viewing this!?!?

imagine when torres is shipped out......... :fainthv9:

Most of them are Fenerbahce fans though. The'yre now here to 'claim victory', like they had just signed our best player against our will, when in reality it was the Chelsea board who had decided to let Meireles go. Most of us fans don't understand this nor do we even have to, but if we wanted to keep Meireles we sure as hell would have and a club like Fenerbahce can't do shit to force us to sell them our players.

I have heard that Fenerbahce fans are crying out of joy because they signed Meireles. Note to all Fenerbahce fans reading this topic and flooding our servers: Raul is not even that good, but we only wanted to keep him because we are short in numbers at the moment. It's not like you got the best player in the world or anything. :lol:

Ramires is not the right player for the double pivot role. You need to be a creative passer to play there and that's just not Ramires. Also, don't see how this would get Romeu more time because he's a straight defensive midfielder which is Mikel's spot and he's still around. I have no idea what RDM is going to do though because no options really make sense.

Ramires can be quite good there. Imagine Mikel or Romeu+Ramires, where obviousley Mikel and Romeu are the more defensive ones, with Ramires putting speed to the counter-attack. Ramires is also good for breaking through the oppositions midfield. A formation like this could be quite good:

Cech

Iva - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Oscar

Mata -----------------Hazard

Torres

And regarding Romeu, with Essien and Meireles gone, SURELY he will be given playtime. Mikel wont play every single game, and when he needs a rest or gets injured, whos gonna step in?

And just when you thought we had the strongest squad in years....

Anyway it looks like the club is genuinely concerned about the FFP rules and breaking even....and thus looking to cut costs by ditching its expendables...

But it still begs the question: Of Malouda, Essien, Benayoun and Meireles,,...why is Malouda the one to be retained? I have nothing against Malouda, and still feel he is a good squad option, but we're really lacking in the CM department. In other words, we should have retained either one of Essien/Meireles