Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone needs to get over Modric. Great player but will never come to Chelsea. He's not worth 40mil and I don't see us paying more than that for him. I know people will say Torres, but I can't see us splashing out like that on Modric. I'm over Modric, the answer is Marek Hamsik.

The former Porto midfielder said he cannot give out all the details about his decision yet, but stated his transfer was not money driven.

"These are things that happen in football. I can only say good things about Liverpool, it was a fantastic year," he told RTPN.

"People think I am a Judas and that it was because of the money. It was not because of that, I will explain it later, things are still fresh.

"It all happened very fast. I am not the only one to blame for my exit from Liverpool, but I will never stop loving the club and I have great friends there."

Meireles conceded that coach Andre Villas-Boas played an important role in the move and added he hopes to claim silverware with his new team.

"I was very happy with his interest in my signature. The most important thing is to give my all every time and try to help Chelsea win titles."

http://www.goal.com/...g-liverpool-for

The crazy scousers can't understand that a player of Meireles quality wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench behind Henderson, Spearing, etc. while Kenny rebuilds his English armada. Add into it their misguided "thinking" that the transfer actually happened in the last 30 minutes of the window. Sure it did. Morons.

And one more rant, their hypocrisy knows no bounds. A LFC player should never ever want to leave LFC or they instantly become a traitor. But when a player comes to them the player is looking for history or whatever else they're selling - not CL. Players come and go and it speaks to the small minded nature of LFC that they think they are the end all be all of football.

Everyone needs to get over Modric. Great player but will never come to Chelsea. He's not worth 40mil and I don't see us paying more than that for him. I know people will say Torres, but I can't see us splashing out like that on Modric. I'm over Modric, the answer is Marek Hamsik.

Answer is not Hamsik and he is not the type of player we need. What makes you so sure he'll never come to Chelsea? I'm pretty sure we'll try bringing him in in the jan...

I must say i am not too happy with this. In my opinion I think he is fairly average and that we should try to sign Modric in January instead of making a half-ass job of it and getting Meireles

I think we will, at a cut-price as well.

Meireles is a perfect squad player, he's a better option than Benayoun, in my opinion. He's versatile and a classy player with a lot of guile.

Plus, not signing Modric/Moutinho means game time for McEachran, which in itself is like seeing a £30 million player come to the club.

In fairness he is another box to box midfielder of which we have a few but hes got pace strength a FIERCE shot from distance hes creative as he is hardworking hes more a jack of all trades with a great engine and if he can continue his form from the end of last season (being voted Liverpools player of the season not forgetting) then I welcome him completly.

Not to mention that awesome tattoo and mohawk, maybe he'll add a little more personality to the squad eh.

The crazy scousers can't understand that a player of Meireles quality wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench behind Henderson, Spearing, etc. while Kenny rebuilds his English armada. Add into it their misguided "thinking" that the transfer actually happened in the last 30 minutes of the window. Sure it did. Morons.

And one more rant, their hypocrisy knows no bounds. A LFC player should never ever want to leave LFC or they instantly become a traitor. But when a player comes to them the player is looking for history or whatever else they're selling - not CL. Players come and go and it speaks to the small minded nature of LFC that they think they are the end all be all of football.

your telling me their not the toast of the country anymore :o

thats me told, now get to sky sports and try and tell that plumhead Phil Thompson