Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Though i was very suprised to see we got him it was a rather pleasent suprise. remember this guy being good good property in porto. im sure even he was the captain of the team once for about a season or two

And well Guys they are LFC supports obviously a lot of them are going to be that way. but if you mind Liverpool dont exactly pay 5 quid a week do they now. just let them be blinded by their little fantasy of glory days coming back while spending over the odds for average players

If this deal works out and meireles plays at his best. then guys is it safe to say we could have a candidate for bargain of the season?

Speaking about that, since I once again haven't done my homework by missing the transfer thread and skipping pages in the player thread, do we know how much he's on?

No clue.

Having spoken to a Liverpool fan though, he was on £35k at Liverpool in the old admin, and was promised a raise once new owners were in. However they declined to do so, and that's [apparently] a factor in him leaving (no matter how much he denies). From what I've heard (hearsay) it's around £80-85k/

I have been thinking the same thing about Ballack - Meireles. Same attitude, same body piercing shots, same power, same Passion for the game. When Ballack was here, he went upfront, but ran his a** off when the ball had to go back to our half of the field, and helped Mikel/Essien. That is something we lacked, when we lost the German and Lamps game suffered exactly from it. Now we got the same thing back...that's why when I stopped, thought about it, I said:"Hey, why should we not want Meireles, perfect age, perfect price, and a new Ballack would come in handy!" So I am two hands up for this transfer, and two hands up, that him, Lamps,Mata,Sturridge,Torres/Drogba..would be a freaking KILLER, mates!