Juan Mata

Severinb

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 6m

Juan Mata still in London, so Man Utd deal highly unlikely to be concluded tonight.

I would laugh so hard if United's Mata deal collapsed and someone else hijacked the move like we just did to Liverpool with Salah.

There's still hope.

There's something keeping him in London, something stopping us from accepting the bid and just getting this whole ordeal over and done with. I personally think we're in negotiation with another team.

There's nothing that would make me happier .

There's something keeping him in London, something stopping us from accepting the bid and just getting this whole ordeal over and done with. I personally think we're in negotiation with another team.

To be honest it'd still be devastating even if he doesn't join United. Just hate the idea of him not being a Blue anymore.

This is what is the most depressing thing about Mata really.

Did Oscar REALLY scare him that bad that he couldnt try to fight for a year?

I mean god damn what kind of shit is that? Drogba fought much more established players than a young Oscar for his place. Mata didnt pick up any type of fight from the old 11.

It's been like 4 months, and this was a player who also missed preseason.

His resignation after being subbed v. Southampton said it all.

Until someone from the playing staff come to comment about this situation, we can only speculate what has happened and I think there is more to the story than we know.

From Mata's point of view, I don't think he hasn't showed any fight to win a spot in the starting XI. He has but what one can do if he is just not quite the right fit in the manager's system? Mata has improved on his defending and has tried to adapt his game to fit into the system (some might think he hasn't just because he hasn't run around, tackle, attack at pace like Willian or Hazard) but what is the point of that if the minute he does something not right in the eyes of Mourinho, he's taken off?

He's not exactly one that is going to go around tackle, press, run at pace etc the whole time. It's just that his style of play ultimately is not compatible to what Mourinho wants, even if he has tried to adapt. Not to mention, when you consider the number of times he has started but then substituted later on, the frustration is bound to increase and get to him. Being the World Cup year as well is not helping since he wants to make sure he plays enough so that he will be picked by Del Bosque.

This is just hilarious after all the helicopter and medical talk earlier...

Mark Ogden @MOgdenTelegraph 51m

Juan Mata still in London, so Man Utd deal highly unlikely to be concluded tonight.

Howard Nurse @howardnurse 45m

David Moyes has left Carrington. No deal for Mata today. Medical likely to be tomorrow.