Juan Mata

Severinb

Messi? Oh that's right, he's inconsistent as well.

You are forgetting that Messi isn't known as a big game bottler and there is a reason he is the best player in the world. Robben is known to bottle the big games.You just quoted me just for the sake of it, not that you are actually casting a rain of wisdom on us. Your post made no sense whatsoever.

Why look inward and be efficient (common sense) when you can just throw money at it.

That's such a short-sighted view of the situation, ignoring the fact that we threw roughly £7million at Piazon to get him in the first place. It's almost like you're talking shit.

Chelsea's transfer policy over the last 3 years has seen a fairly radical change so that even when we sell unwanted players like Mata and De Bruyne, we make roughly £25 million in profit. Even the Matic deal was fairly well-received not just by Chelsea supporters, but by opposition fans (like yourself and Gilvorak) too.

Everyone knows Mourinho never plays youth, it's been a trend throughout his managerial career. I'm just wondering why we keep stockpiling these players and sending them out to all these obscure nations.

Signing Salah for £16m to warm the bench here is apparently better than recalling Thorgan and Piazon because he has a left foot and cuts in from the right.

And you don't have the like the manager's style of management to be a true fan. Torres gets all sorts of abuse and vitriol on here yet it's acceptable. It's Chelsea FC not Mourinho FC, he has his own share of faults.

How many of those 24 players on loan do you see Mourinho developing like he claimed in the summer?

You're right with this. For all his talk of developing youth Jose has not taken a single step in that direction so far. No youth player has been used apart from the few minutes Baker got against Derby. Even Kalas and Bertrand, who have spent enough time on loan did not get games. Hopefully things improve but this is one aspect where Jose should be rightly criticised

You are forgetting that Messi isn't known as a big game bottler and there is a reason he is the best player in the world. Robben is known to bottle the big games.You just quoted me just for the sake of it, not that you are actually casting a rain of wisdom on us. Your post made no sense whatsoever.

Both missed "THE penalty". So just because Messi isn't known as a big game bottler, it makes it okay for him to miss "THE penalties"?

Haha at assuming what motive I had when I did the holy act of quoting you. :D

Everyone knows Mourinho never plays youth, it's been a trend throughout his managerial career. I'm just wondering why we keep stockpiling these players and sending them out to all these obscure nations.

Signing Salah for £16m to warm the bench here is apparently better than recalling Thorgan and Piazon because he has a left foot and cuts in from the right.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=impact+sub

Something Mata is not.

Yeah, those two don't count in my eyes. One is already one of the best goalkeepers in the World while the other is one of the better strikers in the League.

Talking about the likes of Thorgan Hazard, Piazon, Chalobah, McEachran etc or Academy prospects. Where's our Sterling, Gnarby, Januzaj, Barkley, Bentaleb etc like Jose promised?

Even Rafa gave more chance to youth players believe it or not.

Tbh I have already given up on us ever producing a first team player from the academy for a very long time. As long as there's desire and demand to achieve instant success and that desire is fueled by the believe or myth that "you cannot win anything with youth/kids". It will continue to be a never ending cycle of disappointment and failure to actualize the goal.

I would recall the likes of Piazon, Atsu and Traore because believe it or not, they're good enough to be on our bench.

Also, people need to cut it the "hes too young" crap. if a player is good, he's good. Look at Adnan at UTD. he's by far their best player this year.

Yeah, those two don't count in my eyes. One is already one of the best goalkeepers in the World while the other is one of the better strikers in the League.

Talking about the likes of Thorgan Hazard, Piazon, Chalobah, McEachran etc or Academy prospects. Where's our Sterling, Gnarby, Januzaj, Barkley, Bentaleb etc like Jose promised?

Even Rafa gave more chance to youth players believe it or not.

He gave Ake and Piazon chances and he was here as a temporary manager.....

Anyway before someone quotes me with Mourinho has us in the title race stuff, I'm just making a point on this matter.

Both missed "THE penalty". So just because Messi isn't known as a big game bottler, it makes it okay for him to miss "THE penalties"?

Haha at assuming what motive I had when I did the holy act of quoting you. :D

What is actually your motive to compare Robben to Messi , really? I was talking about Robben and you brought Messi up, thats a straight comparisson. How many big games did Messi bottle? How many big games did Robben bottle? Now tell me that Messi bottles them constantly just because he didn't show up in the games vs Bayern.

And you don't have the like the manager's managerial style to be a true fan. Torres gets all sorts of abuse and vitriol on here yet it's acceptable. It's Chelsea FC not Mourinho FC.

Thorgan and Piazon will struggle to make an impact here- they are playing in much weaker leagues. I think the policy, especially with signings like Atsu is that you buy cheap, if they dramatically improve, great, If not their value has risen and we can profit on them- like with De Bruyne. Im sure if we were to sell Courtois, Lukaku, Atsu, Piazon, Thorgan etc. we would make money. They are low risk signings, a couple might be good enough, the rest we might even profit on.

Tbh I have already given up on us ever producing a first team player from the academy for a very long time. As long as there's desire and demand to achieve instant success and that desire is fueled by the believe or myth that "you cannot win anything with youth/kids". It will continue to be a never ending cycle of disappointment and failure to actualize the goal.

Have to agree. Everything about us screams short term. The future will forever be neglected.

Continually hearing people praising Mourinho about the Mata transfer because it'll help "Utd take points off our rivals" made my stomach churn.

Thorgan and Piazon will struggle to make an impact here- they are playing in much weaker leagues. I think the policy, especially with signings like Atsu is that you buy cheap, if they dramatically improve, great, If not their value has risen and we can profit on them- like with De Bruyne. Im sure if we were to sell Courtois, Lukaku, Atsu, Piazon, Thorgan etc. we would make money. They are low risk signings, a couple might be good enough, the rest we might even profit on.

Since when are the Belgian and Dutch Leagues weaker than the Swiss one?

And of course they'll struggle to initially make an impact. It's the managers job to nurture and develop them to become legitimate first team players under his tutelage.

You think Wenger has developed so many of these stars per chance?

I would recall the likes of Piazon, Atsu and Traore because believe it or not, they're good enough to be on our bench.

Also, people need to cut it the "hes too young" crap. if a player is good, he's good. Look at Adnan at UTD. he's by far their best player this year.

You can't compare Piazon and Atsu to Januzaj, maybe Traore can make a bigger impact, but neither have the same talent. It's not always about players being given a chance, Untied before Januazj hadn't brought anyone top quality through for years. I don't see any of our young players other then Courtois really pushing for minutes

What is actually your motive to compare Robben to Messi , really? I was talking about Robben and you brought Messi up, thats a straight comparisson. How many big games did Messi bottle? How many big games did Robben bottle? Now tell me that Messi bottles them constantly just because he didn't show up in the games vs Bayern.

You were saying that he fucked up by missing that penalty at the final, I said that Messi missed a crucial penalty as well in the same season. So missing important penalties can happen to any player and it's not a criteria to judge players based on that.