Juan Mata

Severinb

I think that was some bs twitter rumor? Skysports just said they had got information from their source that the medical will hapen this evening and that the deal will be announced tomorrow.

Yesterday, rumors were that it will be announced today. Now it's tomorrow lol. If it carries on like this till the end of the window then he'll stay.

Everyone knows Mourinho never plays youth, it's been a trend throughout his managerial career. I'm just wondering why we keep stockpiling these players and sending them out to all these obscure nations.

Signing Salah for £16m to warm the bench here is apparently better than recalling Thorgan and Piazon because he has a left foot and cuts in from the right.

And you don't have the like the manager's style of management to be a true fan. Torres gets all sorts of abuse and vitriol on here yet it's acceptable. It's Chelsea FC not Mourinho FC, he has his own share of faults.

We are stockpiling because of FFP. We used to buy players expensive at 26-28 and they only reduce in value till we sell them for free.(malouda etc) Now we are buying players cheaper at a younger age, when they can't make it into our team, we sell at higher prices and make profit. Win-win situation to balance the books for FFP. If you have problems with it, curse UEFA for that not us.

Fergurson bought zaha for £15m too.

Traore didn't play for 4 months before he officially signed, he needed games which he'll get where he is.

Thorgan and piazon have developed fantastically. Best players in their respective leagues. Why halt their progress to play lesser games from the bench??

Mourinho needed a left footed attacking player. He said this during preseason, everyone knew this. He is building the team exactly how he thinks it should be and rightfully so as the manager.

Mourinho has a lot of faults, like every human but he makes far more rights than wrongs. It just feels like you are building unnecessary hatred for him. The guy is a legend with us, stop listening to liverpool fans about him.

Dear god, this thread really shows the mental state (and age I assume) of a lot of people here.

"Dear Mr Champions League, League and various cups-winner,

We, the true fans of Chelsea, think that it would be a mistake to sell Mata.

You see, he has more key passes than Oscar this season, something we are sure you and your army of people working with you have failed to notice. Since this stat is everything, selling him would be wrong, and we do not care that we are currently on a seven-game unbeaten run in which Mata has played a relatively small part in.

After all, you have to win titles for this club on our terms, nothing else is acceptable.

The fact that you can reinvest £40m and make our squad one of the best in the world does not matter either, for Mata has more Key passes than Oscar. He was also a suberb player the last two seasons in which we were not even close to the title (which we are now), but that too is irrelevant because INDIVIDUAL STATS.

Kind regards,

Pro-Mata"

Seriously, wanting to sell him does not mean we hate his guts or think he sucks, it just means that we trust a club-legend who happens to be one of the most succesfull managers in the world. Getting £40m by selling a player who adds very little to the team that we use today (except being an option when resting another player) is hardly being ignorant or something similar. We all want Chelsea to move forward, and surely rebuilding the squad under the stability of the same manager is the way to go?

Oscar is inferior when it comes to creativity, but just saying that he "tackles well" is just as silly as calling Mata bad. He is not playing very well now, but so did Hazard under periods of time last season, they are both young and keep developing so it is to be expected.

The only drawback of this is selling to Utd, but if they are willing to spend £40m no, they will do exactly the same during the summer. Is it not better to know their star player very well? Know your enemy etc.

This way, we have the money to buy say Zouma and Shaw and have money left, or Costa and like 90% of Zouma. Utd have the means to greatly increase their squad either way, for all we know the difference in quality could be marginal if they buy another AM.

dont mind him being sold just not to united tht is what pple are saying

Anyone think this gives us some option or deal on Rooney? could definitely see them screwing us over if we insisted on one

If not I can't see why we are selling to them, are they the only club interested who Mata would move to? the only team who will pay the fee/pay it quickly? Otherwise I can't believe Mourinho sees them as such little a threat and rates Mata that lowly, and I don't buy him being sold to them to take points from City etc.

" Please stay so we can watch you sit on the bench all season " He needs to go! Yeah, it sucks that it's to United but oh well.

The guy is useless off the ball. He can't press, he's too slow, he isn't a great tackler

If we played how we did under AVB. Robbie, Fatty, he would be one of our most valuable players. He had hardly ant defensive responsibilities then, but the club are implementing a new philosophy. We press high up the pitch and he just can't do it well enough.

Anyone think this gives us some option or deal on Rooney? could definitely see them screwing us over if we insisted on one

If not I can't see why we are selling to them, are they the only club interested who Mata would move to? the only team who will pay the fee/pay it quickly? Otherwise I can't believe Mourinho sees them as such little a threat and rates Mata that lowly, and I don't buy him being sold to them to take points from City etc.

Maybe, we won't know until the summer. If they finish top 4 I can see him staying

Everyone knows Mourinho never plays youth, it's been a trend throughout his managerial career. I'm just wondering why we keep stockpiling these players and sending them out to all these obscure nations.

Signing Salah for £16m to warm the bench here is apparently better than recalling Thorgan and Piazon because he has a left foot and cuts in from the right.

And you don't have the like the manager's style of management to be a true fan. Torres gets all sorts of abuse and vitriol on here yet it's acceptable. It's Chelsea FC not Mourinho FC, he has his own share of faults.

What about Huth despite us having the league best three CBs at the time?
or giving Scott Sinclair his debut in a title decider? or playing teenage Mikel in the FA Cup final vs United? or even bringing on Ben fucking Sahar on against them a matter off weeks earlier.
He is no worse than most managers in this day off age.