Juan Mata

Severinb

All the things you said about all the possible clubs that could offer us a bid for Mata is untrue, but I am not going to make a thousand word post just to give detailed answers to each and every club that could target and afford Mata. We dont need all those clubs to be looking and bidding for him, we would only need ONE!

Stop with this bullshit of "who would want a squad player that didnt go to the World Cup", it is pathetic. Mata can regularly start on most top clubs in Europe, just because it didnt work out in Chelsea it doesnt mean he is all of a sudden useless. Rooney was a squad player last season, Gotze is a squad player for Bayern and Fabregas is a squad player for Barcelona! Does that mean they are not worth a ton of money just because they are currently not starting for their clubs? PLEASE!

The probability of one of those teams (that do indeed have the caliber to sign a 30mi player like Mata) is at least above 50%.

About the deal: 37mi pounds is excellent, the buyer is horrible and the timing couldnt have been worse. 1 pro and 2 cons. End of discussion!

EDIT: And even if we ended UP selling him for only 26-27mi for someone outside of England, it would be better than selling him to ManUtd in the current situation...

I am 100 % sure if fabregas/rooney come to Chelsea they will start right away

There are two reasons why I hate this transfer

1. Manu - no comment

2. Now we only have 4 am for 3 position,I don't think it is enough for half a season

Other than that I think this deal is great for everybody,

- we got 37 mill pounds which is a lot of money that we can invest in the summer.

- Manu got a very2 good player (for those who think otherwise need to watch mata closely last year, imo last year he was EPL player of the year) although I am not sure he is a MU type of player but maybe Moyes want to do something different and Kagawa probably will move back to Dortmund after this.

- Mata got to showcase his talent in WC year which I think is one of the main factor in his decision.

Absolutely shocked by all the things that have happened today... If at the beginning of the season a United fan came up to you and said "We're gonna buy Mata" i'd laugh and think, just cuz he destroys you guys every time he plays against you lot doesn't mean he'll join you guys.

And here we are today. Under the management of our so called saviour, Jose Mourinho. Who has managed to put Mata out of favour at the Bridge. Who has managed to deprive him of playing time. Then, he lies to us saying that Mata has a big role at the club and he wont sell him unless Mata says he wants to leave. All bullocks..... and now, Mata is on his way to Manchester United.

The sad thing is, I read through the thread and I see users of the forum who have their favourite player as Mata and yet, they celebrate as if his exit does not hurt them at all. There's a thing called loyalty you know... -.- But then again, I mean we are getting 37 million, right ?

Fuckin pricks...

Sky sources: Manchester United have made a £40m move for Chelsea's Juan Mata

£40m. £16m profit of £24m Chelsea spents on Mata plus all his wages and bonus in 2,5 years. Isn't that makes Chelsea actually get Mata's services (including 2 corner kicks in European Finals) for £0? :getin:

Remember last summer Jose said United verbally agreed to sell us Rooney but broke their promise and changed their mind at the last minute? Is it possible he is doing the same thing to United? It would be a massive "karma is a bitch" moment.

Completely uncomparable...those two played top regular football and forced way out to their rivals. Mata wasnt given a chance under Mou and thats why he wants to leave; to club where he will play. Mata was true example as a person, I think he realy liked Chelsea, but he likes football more. Cant ever blame him.

Sure Mata could refuse moving to ManU, as respect for us, but Jose and Chelsea could also show more respect for a player who pulled Chelsea cart for past two seasons almost alone to be fair.

van Persie yes but Tevez didn't play regular football

At the end of the day Mata chose to go to United. He could have stayed and fought for his place.

After all these pages and nobody said this. You guys keep crying about Mata and he is the not that actually choosed to go and not fight for a place(if he goes).

Nevertheless i still back up my opinion and i still think that he won't go anywhere in January.