Juan Mata

Severinb

The Liverpool game is the perfect example of this. That one game alone and we're 5 points back instead of 2.

Don't tell me you're implying what I think you are. Mata is a man for big games just like Drogba was before him.

Oscar has been mediocre against the big teams this season. His only good performance was against Liverpool I guess.

I'd rather sell Oscar to United than Mata. Mourinho is one lucky son of a bitch he has a very good past here or he'd be getting all sorts of abuse like Benitez would have gotten if he'd let this happens.

Exactly! Besides what he's done for the club, you really realise what a smug egotripping narcissist he really is, eg. the Casillas situation what's even worse are the ''I trust Mourinho'' sheep who honestly are the ones that probably are plastics and don't give a damn about sports principles, in this case, selling to a vermin rival.

He may be a better #10 but as of now, Oscar is the better #10 for us. Makes no sense to take Oscar out while he's in form so Mata can be thrown in. And Luiz is playing pretty well in CM so don't give me that.

In form? Since when was running around tackling and intercepting make a #10 in form? His general play is good but recently he has been very average on the side of creating chances. Mata is better at it and Luiz has hardly been playing well in CM either, he was all over the place vs United, did you even watch the game?

Don't tell me you're implying what I think you are. Mata is a man for big games just like Drogba was before him.

Oscar has been mediocre against the big teams this season. His only good performance was against Liverpool I guess.

What has anyone seen out of Mata this year to think he's good for big games. He was ass in the liverpool game wich was a season defining game. Mata hasn't shown up once this season.

The transfer is expected to be concluded in the next 24 hours, lifting spirits around Old Trafford ahead of United’s vital Capital One Cup semi-final second leg against Sunderland. Mata is expected to be introduced to his new teammates in the next 48 hours.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-juan-mata-tells-friends-he-is-manchester-united-bound-with-40m-deal-expected-to-be-completed-in-next-24-hours-9078133.html

no dude. torres was a MISTAKE. but an honest one. the intention was still to improve our squad by having strikers like DD, FT, anelka.

but this deal is a BLUNDER. that too knowingly. i simply cant understand how selling mata improves our squad. this move is plain stupid.

??? Mata makes sense to me. Torres never did. The summers of 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 didn't make sense and then January of 2011 "Torres, 50mil+a very high salary" made my stomach sick for months as I already knew there was something wrong with his leg(s).

Sorry, but Jose is doing things I would be doing in Football Manager if I were managing Chelsea: strong CM in, weak AM out for a good pile of cash. Things will be fine if Chelsea finish in the top 4 this year because excellent players want to play under Mourinho. they will come.

In form? Since when was running around tackling and intercepting make a #10 in form? His general play is good but recently he has been very average on the side of creating chances. Mata is better at it and Luiz has hardly been playing well in CM either, he was all over the place vs United, did you even watch the game?

He's winning us games in the #10 role. I'd call that 'in form'. Everyone was a little off during the Man U game. Save Eto'o's hat trick, we most likely drop points.

He's winning us games in the #10 role. I'd call that 'in form'. Everyone was a little off during the Man U game. Save Eto'o's hat trick, we most likely drop points.

Winning us games in the #10 role? Really? Are you fucking blind?

If you ask me Mata right now is miles ahead of Oscar.

But the system Mourinho wants to implement, Oscar fits that role better, also don't forget Oscar is still very young, while Mata's in his prime.

You will find an overwhelming majority of football lovers around the world would agree with that sentiment. (I was just being sarcastic with my original comment btw)

What has anyone seen out of Mata this year to think he's good for big games. He was ass in the liverpool game wich was a season defining game. Mata hasn't shown up once this season.

You mean the version of mata that has had his confidence completely shot and out of form thanks to Mourinho? despite that still created more goal scoring chances than oscar despite playing significantly fewer games and minutes?