Juan Mata

Severinb

Why in the world would you do that?! Oscar has been lights out all season while Mata has been unable to adjust.

SHIT. MATA IS A MUCH BETTER PLAYMAKER THAN OSCAR IS. IT'S NOT MATA'S FAULT THAT MOURNHIO IS SO STUBORN TO PLAY MATA ON THE LEFT INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE!! BULLSHIT THIS IS MOURNHIO'S FAULT BUT I RESPECT HIS DECISION...

PSG were rumoured to offer something like 35-40 m EUROS. so if you have the choice between

a/ selling mata for 45 m to a DIRECT RIVAL

or b/ selling him abroad for 30-35 m (yeah you are losing 10-15m) to a club in another league..what would you take?! it aint like we are dependent on 10-15 m.

Key word in this is rumored. They were also rumored to be looking for Hazard and a load of other players, all of which turned out to be BS. I doubt PSG would float that cash at Mata, they don't need him.

• 40m for a benchwarmer
  • No guarantee he's as good for United as he was for us
  • They may still miss out on Champions League next year
  • 40m will be used in other areas of need, like the KdB transfer was

Of course it'll sting to see him wearing their jersey but I don't think anyone else is going to offer 40m for Mata.

PSG were rumoured to offer something like 35-40 m EUROS. so if you have the choice between

or b/ selling him abroad for 30-35 m (yeah you are losing 10-15m) to a club in another league..what would you take?! it aint like we are dependent on 10-15 m.

@volfan there was a bid made by PSG. we rejected it because we wanted Mata to stay. This rumour wasnt just made it out, it had some substance in it.

We could buy Falcao...oh wait

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/videohub/video/clipDeportes?id=2005424&cc=7586

Saw this on theshedend, I've seen many fans and pundits saying Jose wants us to play the same way we did in his first reign, it kind of irks me because imo we're clearly playing a different way, next season we'll improve, our pressing will be better, we'll attack with more purpose and the goals will come. We're not going to play 'tiki taka' football, but that doesn't mean it's going to be boring...

That, whilst playing the majority of the season out of position too. Pretty impressive.

So are you two saying Oscar "the new zico" emboaba isn't a better playmaker than mata?

I have been lied to again.

I get that Mata is more effective as a 10 than Oscar, but is the PL, CL and other various cups based on individual accomplishments or a collective one?
Oscar apparently adds something to the mix that Mata does not, it is hardly a coincidence that we have had an excellent run since Willian, Hazard & Oscar became the preferred trio.

If something isnt broke, dont fix it. So far we have gotten the better results with Mata on the bench, so selling him for a rather huge amount is not as bad as some are making it.
I am in theory against selling him to Utd though, unless we get Rooney in return. No reason for us to poke a hibernating bear.
Getting Rooney would strenghten us more than losing Mata would weaken us, and Utd would be dealt quite a heavy blow.

SHIT. MATA IS A MUCH BETTER PLAYMAKER THAN OSCAR IS. IT'S NOT MATA'S FAULT THAT MOURNHIO IS SO STUBORN TO PLAY MATA ON THE LEFT INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE!! BULLSHIT THIS IS MOURNHIO'S FAULT BUT I RESPECT HIS DECISION...

Prove it. Without Oscar in this lineup we lose another 3 or 4 games and are not in the title hunt. FACT.

We could buy Falcao...oh wait

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/videohub/video/clipDeportes?id=2005424&cc=7586

I rather give him for free to the kinds of athletico than to see him in the disgusting red shirt!

Why in the world would you do that?! Oscar has been lights out all season while Mata has been unable to adjust.

Unable to adjust as he's been stuck out in a position which he clearly doesn't suit. Its like saying why does Luiz play so poor in central MF, because hes not a central MF player. Mata is not a right winger, he played on the left at Valencia and for us until Robbie came in then as a 10 until this season. Its very obvious hes a better #10 than a winger. Plus if we sell Mata we have to strengthen in those 3 players. We have gone from a very good squad with lots of substitute options to play in the three (Mata, de Bruyne, Schurrle), to a good squad with only Schurrle as back up to the three.

Unable to adjust as he's been stuck out in a position which he clearly doesn't suit. Its like saying why does Luiz play so poor in central MF, because hes not a central MF player. Mata is not a right winger, he played on the left at Valencia and for us until Robbie came in then as a 10 until this season. Its very obvious hes a better #10 than a winger.

He may be a better #10 but as of now, Oscar is the better #10 for us. Makes no sense to take Oscar out while he's in form so Mata can be thrown in. And Luiz is playing pretty well in CM so don't give me that.

So are you two saying Oscar "the new zico" emboaba isn't a better playmaker than mata?

I have been lied to again.

If you ask me Mata right now is miles ahead of Oscar.

But the system Mourinho wants to implement, Oscar fits that role better, also don't forget Oscar is still very young, while Mata's in his prime.