Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

no new strikers ? he is fucking too optimistic, i don't like that.

We don't need strikers. Lukaku would be a luxury signing. We need wingers, a creative midfielder and a right back before we need a striker................... Torres, Drogba, Sturridge, Anelka, Kalou! we really do not need a striker.

Chelsea to offer 18m plus Daniel Sturridge to sign Lukaku.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/870097-chelsea-launch-new-18m-plus-daniel-sturridge-bid-for-romelu-lukaku

Bullshit if you ask me. I think Sturridge wouldn't want to go and we need to keep him. Also it does seem too much.

Guest justin_3d

We don't need strikers. Next summer; yes, Anelka and Drogba will surely be moving on by then. Now the priority is midfield and wingers.

I remember saying that over and over again, when talking about Aguero.

We never needed a striker till we get rid of what we have.

And the priority has always been that. If AVB can't see that, then he is hopeless!

Asked if his future was likely to be settled next week, Lukaku said: "That could be so, yes. It is going to be one of the top two or three clubs in England, or else I stay at Anderlecht. I want to leave because I want to score goals in stadia full of 50,000 people, and to play in the Champions League.

"If I go to a top club, in the beginning I know I will be on the bench, sometimes playing 10 or 15 minutes. That will be it at the start. But my goal is that, in those 15 minutes, I will grab my chance and do better every time so that, by the end of the season when it gets really important, and there are a lot of games, I will be ready."

Lukaku, who is studying public relations part-time at a college in Brussels, is due to sit a geography exam on Tuesday, some four days after the Group A match against Hiddink's side.

"I would like my future sorted out by 5 June because my exams start the following day," he said, "and I don't want any other distractions at that time."

From The Guardian.

As VB said:

"Lukaku had a magnificent season in Belgium. We are pondering every decision because we don't want to go into the market and make mistakes.

"We have plenty of availability in terms of forwards who can play in different positions - with Anelka, with Kalou, Didier, Torres and Sturridge.

I'm sure that if he comes he will go on load. Honestly I dont think he will come.

I REALLY want to see at LEAST one striker go this season, albeit be Kalou or Aneka and concluded with Drogba next season. I want us to sign him up this season and loan him back, or to another club like Courtouis, as when he comes back he would gain vital experience at a higher level AND would be able to replace Drogba. But, like what people have already stated, it could be beneficial if he stayed on as a bench warmer but in training be Drogba's protege.

Better us then Arsanal i would also add :whistling:

We don't need strikers. Next summer; yes, Anelka and Drogba will surely be moving on by then. Now the priority is midfield and wingers.

priority should be elsewhere for sure,however if we wait till the need is more critical then we could find out that not only will we be even more overpriced than we are already but we might not even be that lucky ,our targets could all be gone. if Lukaku was the only major signing we make then fair enough i`d be as up in arms as anyone,but there`s nothing really to indicate that is the case.