Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Romelu has out-scored ALL of our strikers for TWO seasons running - fuck problems in play he might have, he can score and that is what football is based on!

I can't see a single reason why he shouldn't be here next season - he has shown, TWICE that he can score in the Premier League in double digits (which is more than any other striker we've had since Drogba) and he is still only 20 years old.

It's ridiculous how overrated this kid is. There's a reason opinion is heavily divided amongst the Everton fanbase who actually watch him week in-week out and he warms the bench for Belgium.

He scores a routine tap-in, the shit memes/twitter jokes, subsequent dig at Chelsea/Mourinho by the commentator/pundits immediately follows & the Belgian brigade head to this thread in flocks. In reality they fail to mention the innumerable amount of shit first touches, poor fitness, the wayward passing, lack of finesse/guile & the baffling inability to play with his back to goal.He really is the ultimate MOTD player.

IMO, we should sell if the Costa rumours are true while the hype is still rife. Spend the £25m on a pacy versatile forward that can run in behind ala Sturridge, Suarez & Aguero, Maybe Remy or Vela could be options.

Just sub the word overrated for overhyped and you're spot on.

Just sub the word overrated for overhyped and you're spot on.

See my post and overhyped is correct, but not overrated.

Guy has some potential, but don't want the club to drop the ball on this one :(

Mourinho are said to be keen to keep Thorgan Hazard, Romelu Lukaku & Thibaut Courtois for next season.

Think it would mean alot to the hazard brothers to play together, tho I don't think thorgan is on the right level to play for chelsea but if theres a good understanding/connection between the brothers on the pitch, why not?

It's ridiculous how overrated this kid is. There's a reason opinion is heavily divided amongst the Everton fanbase who actually watch him week in-week out and he warms the bench for Belgium.

He scores a routine tap-in, the shit memes/twitter jokes, subsequent dig at Chelsea/Mourinho by the commentator/pundits immediately follows & the Belgian brigade head to this thread in flocks. In reality they fail to mention the innumerable amount of shit first touches, poor fitness, the wayward passing, lack of finesse/guile & the baffling inability to play with his back to goal.He really is the ultimate MOTD player.

IMO, we should sell if the Costa rumours are true while the hype is still rife. Spend the £25m on a pacy versatile forward that can run in behind ala Sturridge, Suarez & Aguero, Maybe Remy or Vela could be options.

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

remy/vela instead of lukaku. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mourinho are said to be keen to keep Thorgan Hazard, Romelu Lukaku & Thibaut Courtois for next season.

That's a relief.

I kinda hoped we would toy with Spuds before giving them the finger.

Rumours like this are completely unfounded. For a start I know Thorgan Hazard will go out on loan again next season. As soon as I read Hazard in that list I knew not to take that seriously because I think it is quite obvious he goes out on loan in a better league next season. Don't get your hopes up with any rumours like this unless you hear it from Mourinho's mouth himself.

Let me say this for the 10th time. Lukaku isn't stupid, hes actually really smart and is humble in life. He knows his position and who he is and what he's done. He knows rightfully for a club like ours he needs to happily accept a back-up striker role. After he missed that penalty for us he was rattled, he knows the responsibility there is in being first striker for an expensive club. What scared him was Eto'o coming in and him being 4th striker, and rightfully so a young guy like him shouldn't like that. Anyone claiming he has a problem with being second striker is totally out of order.

I would only say to this... Seeing our striker problem this whole season, he could've easily displaced Ba and could've been a shoe in for second behind Eto'o. 'The only place to be' has summed up time and time again that Lukaku was getting minutes before he asked to leave. Which i distinctly remember a lot of fans denying when he left....

Benitez fucked us over on that one. RDM played a part as well but he was apparently "injured" before he was sacked.

How could an interim manager fuck us over. you are implying that the board gave interim that much power and authority which I highly doubt. Even if rafa wanted him out, the ultimate decision still lies with the board.

bottomline is Roman,Emenalo and co didn't see sturridge as a valuable asset worth keeping and I suspect football politics was largely at play with the decision. big error of judgement.

Scored again, bringing his season total to 15 goals and 6 assists. (One more goal and one less assist than Hazard. Weird. I wonder how many potential Hazard assists were wasted this year. :))

Well, the game's not finished, but still...

Scored again, bringing his season total to 15 goals and 6 assists. (One more goal and one less assist than Hazard. Weird. I wonder how many potential Hazard assists were wasted this year. :))

Well, the game's not finished, but still...

So 2 less than last year :D