Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I think it was Lukaku's choice to leave. He didn't want to have a second role. He wanted a staring place even if that meant playing on loan again. It's the WC year and i am with him on this, he made the right choice. We on the other hand could have used him in some situations this season but since he didn't want to have that role why stop his progress? We sent him on loan, both parties had benefits.

Now onto the next season: The way things are going we might have Diego Costa here or X Y Z top striker. So is there a possible way Lukaku gets a starting place here now? Absolutely not! Only as a second choice and that's the way it should be.

So it all depends whether or not the next, non WC, season Lukaku still asks for a starting spot. if he does then :wave: .

Still a matter of his own choice.

I think is both parties fault, mourinho and lukaku.

Because when Ba wanted to go to arsenal on loan he was going to go but mourinho stopped it.

Here is a clear example of the managers ability to allow a loan to happen.

Then lukaku as well because he didn't had enough faith in himself to get over 3 not so good strikers.

But in the end it worked well for lukaku the best as he has set up a case for himself.

If there is anything Lukaku is good in , it is counterattacking. He sucks when he has to play in a possession based team.

I actually think Mou's set-up is ideal for him. Quick break-outs, power-runs, balls coming in from the flanks (how many near assists from Hazard did our strikers miss this season - balls that just flew by horizontally).

I think he is the ideal number 2 and will be treated as such - all on the assumption our build up will become faster of course, ahem.

Isn't the plan to be possession based team though, rather than a counter-attacking one? Chelsea, I'm sure dominate possession in majority of the games we play.

There is always a debate on whether he is going to score goals against teams that park the bus. Some people like me think he will do it whilst others think he will struggle.

Simple solution: Give him a chance.

Also no way am I reading into the assumption that it was all Lukaku who pressed for the move. Like I said if Jose really saw him as a key player for his team he would of insisted he stayed but I reckon it was kind of mutual and Jose could not guarantee him starts. Think about it. We had 4 games before Eto'o even joined.

Hull: played remaining 15 minutes (I expected him to start because he was our most prolific striker in pre-season and was our most inform striker in domestic level. Even though it was at a lower club against teams who 'don't park the bus' he still done more than the strikers we had on offer but who starts? Torres....)

Villa: Sub again. Comes on around the 60th minute mark.

United: Does not even come on and we have a winger playing upfront...

Bayern: Ok. We have now had 3 games where none of our strikers have looked convincing but once again finds himself on the bench and guess what. We sign Eto'o as well.

I don't call that being given a proper chance and with Eto'o being brought in and him not starting a game, he had all rights to be concerned. He said right from the beginning of the season he wanted to fight for his place but when you go 4 games without starting when you know you are miles better than Torres and Ba, who can blame him for wanting to leave when Eto'o arrived. If Mourinho saw him as a vital part of his plans he would have reassured Lukaku for sure. That did not happen and he has scored goals once again like most of us knew he would. He could have stayed around but in no way was he weak minded. He just needed to show Mourinho what he is capable of. Now like I was saying I hope he is around next season so he can show he scores goals against teams that park the bloody bus :D

I hear you. not so sure I agree with the notion that he should be 'given' minutes, he needs to earn them and no one player should be favoured over another when we're trying to find a solution to a problem area. Jose did it right, each striker was given a chance before the window closed to show what he/she could do 60mins. None of them had great games and at that stage Jose more than likely told Lukaku "I can't guarantee to you will be my every game striker, if you want more playing time maybe its best you go on loan."

He's proven himself during two loan spells so I think he should be recalled and given the opportunity to fight for his place here; when I say that I mean slowly integrate him into the first team. The odd Champions league game appearance, cup competitions and a few league matches either as a late sub or low league starter. That way he can slowly acclimatize himself to the rigours of playing for a top side. No need to rush here he's 21....

All reported by an unreliable news, I feel.

Nobody knows exactly what was said.

It matters fuck all what you feel, those are direct quotes by Lukaku reported by the Telegraph, a respectable newspaper in the UK. If they were making shit up and calling it a quote they would be hit with a law suit, I feel.

Anything written by the UK media, I do not trust much. I hope, you can see my skepticism.

Well you can bury your head in the sand all you want, it doesn't change the realities of the situation. Anyway this is adding nothing to the conversation so I'll stop but hopefully now everyone knows it was indeed Lukaku who asked to leave and not Mourinho who made him do so.

Well you can bury your head in the sand all you want, it doesn't change the realities of the situation. Anyway this is adding nothing to the conversation so I'll stop but hopefully now everyone knows it was indeed Lukaku who asked to leave and not Mourinho who made him do so.

If I were you, I would rather let folks here to make their own opinions & certainly not rely on your assumptions.

If I were you, I would rather let folks here to make their own opinions & certainly not rely on your assumptions.

:doh:

Which part of direct quote do you not get? I understand you might be having some problems reading, considering your grammar, but if a guy says something in an interview and it gets reported by not one but multiple media outlets all over the world then how the fuck can you just ignore that?

If anyone here is making assumptions and relying on them, it's you.