Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

simple question ..

where do u think would Everton have ended the season without him up front?!

all those reports about BIG clubs interest aren't out of nothing .. he has a talent for sure .. so I think we should consider keeping him or at least giving him a FAIR chance at Chelsea before judging him ..

There was words exchanged between him and Jose earlier in the season....'Romelu likes to speak. He's a young boy who likes to speak. But the only thing he didn't say is why he went to Everton on loan. 'Maybe there is a new rule in football where when the season finishes every player is able to decide their own future.'

Wouldn't surprise me if he is sold, personally I would like him here to fight for his place and think he would do it well, but I really have reservations whether Jose thinks he can do it.

I'd like to see him get a chance before even thinking of selling him.

See this is the thing. We are without doubt going to be spending heavy on a top striker so if he hasn't been told already he will playing second fiddle to someone, and I don't think he will be happy with that. There is no way he will be the main striker here, fight for it.....of course, but if he is dead against it then it's sell I'm afraid.

See this is the thing. We are without doubt going to be spending heavy on a top striker so if he hasn't been told already he will playing second fiddle to someone, and I don't think he will be happy with that. There is no way he will be the main striker here, fight for it.....of course, but if he is dead against it then it's sell I'm afraid.

I don't think Lukaku expects that he will be the main striker straightaway. Probably just wants to be given a few chances so that he can prove himself that he is capable of starting more often.

We should have 2 good strikers and a decent third option. Also Lukakus premier league experience may come in handy because a player like Costa/Cavani may take few games to adapt.

I don't think Lukaku expects that he will be the main striker straightaway. Probably just wants to be given a few chances so that he can prove himself that he is capable of starting more often.

We should have 2 good strikers and a decent third option. Also Lukakus premier league experience may come in handy because a player like Costa/Cavani may take few games to adapt.

I agree, but also he is starting constantly for Everton, he's got the taste now. If Everton can find the cash that meets what we would want I think the club and player would jump at it, I honestly do.

I agree, but also he is starting constantly for Everton, he's got the taste now. If Everton can find the cash that meets what we would want I think the club and player would jump at it, I honestly do.

Everton and Chelsea are two different clubs. The situation and expectations are very different so I am sure Lukaku will understand if he does not get to play every week at Chelsea.

Last season he had to fight with 3 strikers hence why he left. This time it'll be with 2 and mainly with Costa/Cavani.

Lukaku himself just said that he wants to win Player of the Year and/or Young Player of the Year. Those are the kinds of goals he sets for himself. There's no way he can accomplish either here unless he's first choice and playing every game. Which he won't be.

When we buy a new toy for huge money, he may think to himself that he may end up like Ba where he hardly gets a look in or may only get tossed in at the 80th minute.

I just can't see Romelu achieving his ambitions here unfortunately. I'd love to see him happy to come and contribute in any way he can, but when he can start for big clubs like Everton and be the main man, why would he come and be a backup?

Lukaku himself just said that he wants to win Player of the Year and/or Young Player of the Year. Those are the kinds of goals he sets for himself. There's no way he can accomplish either here unless he's first choice and playing every game. Which he won't be.

When we buy a new toy for huge money, he may think to himself that he may end up like Ba where he hardly gets a look in or may only get tossed in at the 80th minute.

I just can't see Romelu achieving his ambitions here unfortunately. I'd love to see him happy to come and contribute in any way he can, but when he can start for big clubs like Everton and be the main man, why would he come and be a backup?

I doubt Jose will stick with one striker for every game and if you ask me,I think Jose will pick his players based only on form and nothing else.

A player like Lukaku will provide great competition to Costa/Cavani and at the end of the day that is what this club needs.2 hungry strikers always giving 100 percent.

the way i see it, we'll probably get rid of either torres and ba or torres and eto'o, but not all three.... this means we'll be left with ba/eto'o and two more spots to fill. So if the rumors are to be believed (and i think they should be in this case), costa is coming in as #1 striker... This means we will have a first choice striker in costa and a third choice striker in ba/eto'o, leaving a spot open for a second-choice striker... lukaku will probably spend pre-season again with chelsea and jose will be able to see up-close where his development is at... so if towards the end of the summer in august jose tells him he wants him as 2nd striker and lukaku says he wants to be a guaranteed first choice starter, then he can seriously f*ck off and we should sell him... I was already annoyed at how he decided not to fight for his place at chelsea last summer and pussied out, asking to be let go to another team all because he was more interested in his chances to go to WC2014 than to do what is right for the club that pays his wages.... if he does this again, as far as i'm concerned he can f*ck off and we should get the max cash for him and send him abroad somewhere

I doubt Jose will stick with one striker for every game and if you ask me,I think Jose will pick his players based only on form and nothing else.

A player like Lukaku will provide great competition to Costa/Cavani and at the end of the day that is what this club needs.2 hungry strikers always giving 100 percent.

If we're spending huge money on a striker he's going to be our Suarez/RvP/Agüero. In other words, he's going to be nailed on to start every match he's fit. I just can't see Lukaku willingly coming to get minutes here and there.

If we're spending huge money on a striker he's going to be our Suarez/RvP/Agüero. In other words, he's going to be nailed on to start every match he's fit. I just can't see Lukaku willingly coming to get minutes here and there.

Jose won't take the risk of giving one striker the full responsibility of leading the team because the player may not always be in form and be able to perform and hence why he'd want 2 hungry strikers.

If Lukaku does well then he will play more often so I don't think game time should really be an issue this season.

Costa and Mandzukic in for £65m or so, Lukaku, Ba, Torres and Eto'o out for £30m together. Happy days.

I'm not sure the club are crazy enough to sold Lukaku, Ba, Torres and Eto'o in the same window.

Not true. Jose picks his team according to the opposition and the player's form. Also a team like chelsea plays 60 matches in a season. Lukaku will get ample playing time be it as a starter, as a sub to change the game in our favor or a sub to close a game.

Not true. Jose picks his team according to the opposition and the player's form. Also a team like chelsea plays 60 matches in a season. Lukaku will get ample playing time be it as a starter, as a sub to change the game in our favor or a sub to close a game.

Again, when Suarez, RvP, Ibra, Messi, CR7, Agüero are fit they play every single game. When RvP was fit all last season he started. Even when he went through that pretty long slump with no goals he still started every game. Suarez the same this season.

If we pay big money for a striker and he for instance goes 3 matches without scoring, I still think José starts him ahead of Lukaku. He's not going to regain form by sitting on the bench.

You're right about the fact that he'll see plenty of playing time as the #2 striker but it'll be in cup games or against smaller sides if we have a midweek match or as a late second half sub. With all of the talking Romelu does about wanting to be the best in the world and a legend and all that, I somehow doubt he'd be happy with that playing situation. He'll look at his countryman Benteke starring as the main man and think "I'm as good as he is and I'm riding the bench."

I'll repeat, I really hope we keep him and he's happy to stay and play second fiddle to Costa or whoever. He can be an important player for us.