Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Do we have any information on who was the absolute retard that decided that he was to take the last penalty? I have serious doubts Jose would instruct an emotional teenager to take the last pen so I can only assume he requested it.

He's not a teenager.

Do we have any information on who was the absolute retard that decided that he was to take the last penalty? I have serious doubts Jose would instruct an emotional teenager to take the last pen so I can only assume he requested it.

Jose did. He spoked with Romelu and he pointed his finger at him and Romelu said: OK.

Does anyone agree that Cech was below average in penalties last night? Yes he kept us in the game, pulled off a few cracking saves... but how didn't he save

shaqiri's penalty?

How many apart from Lukakus lame penalty did Neuer save? Or even get ad close to as Cech did on Shaqiri's penalty

I think he gets protected because of the seriously hostile comments he got in the first place, actually. And I think rightfully so. If someone would have called Oscar a miserable cunt that deserves to benched for a whole year for missing that sitter, he would have been defended as well - also rightfully so.

I believe we should support our young players.

Just saying, mate :-)

I know, but one wrong doesnt make two right!

Saying horrible things due to one single penalty isnt justifiable, but saying the penalty wasnt bad (and comparing it to Drogba's) isnt either...

It is not like Lukaku must be benched, fined, loaned or whatever. But I cant believe people arent able to realise how horrible the shot was. I mean, I bet even your son could have saved it!

A player with the future Romelu aspires to have just cant sucumble to pressure like that, it is all part of the onus their careers bring to those young stars and he will have to learn to cope with that.

All in all, I believe all he needs to have is the support of everyone, but that he has to work on to be way more clynical than he is now, I have no doubt about it.

lukaku came on in difficult circumstances

everybody is whining about lukaku's penalty

-yes it was an awful penalty

so was lampard's penalty against hull, nobody is complaining about that

oh yes we won that game so it's fine then for some people

i don't hear anybody saying something about cole's Lucky penalty

i have seen oscar miss a HUGH chance

cech not saving the first goal witch he normally saves

a Lucky goal in the 120th min

a referee who almost booked everybody off the Chelsea squad and not the bayern squad

but for some off you it's all lukaku's fault who played only 25 min defending

He's not a teenager.

Thank you for your valuable insight.

at least he was man enough to step up and take one.. shows his maturity at his age and determination to impress.

Agree that it shows determination but in no way was that a sign of maturity, unless you somehow think that immaturity is more about holding back rather than being careless. In any case the decision to have him take the pen was immature, no matter who took it.

Jose did. He spoked with Romelu and he pointed his finger at him and Romelu said: OK.

:banghead: if true. But I will need source.

Thank you for your valuable insight.

Agree that it shows determination but in no way was that a sign of maturity, unless you somehow think that immaturity is more about holding back rather than being careless. In any case the decision to have him take the pen was immature, no matter who took it.

:banghead: if true. But I will need source.

It was live...

I don't necessarily disagree, nor do I treat the following with anything less than extreme skepticism, but I think this might be an interesting read for you.

Surely that article just prove that what I said is true. Penalties are a lottery, the problem in 2008 that instead of going into the shoot out the way the would normally do, Chelsea went in with a plan, a theory. It's far easier to work out where a player is going to hit the ball if all of his team mates are using the exact same pattern. If Terry hadn't followed the plan, he may very well have scored. If the rest of the players didn't take similar penalties, then the Man Utd coach probably wouldn't have figured out the system.

It was an interesting read, nonetheless, but it just proved to me that you can't go into a shootout with a plan, it has to be an on the spot split second decision, meaning that it's pretty much a lottery. The nonsense about nuclear missiles was a ridiculous comparison, I'm really not sure what that was all about

Surely that article just prove that what I said is true. Penalties are a lottery, the problem in 2008 that instead of going into the shoot out the way the would normally do, Chelsea went in with a plan, a theory. It's far easier to work out where a player is going to hit the ball if all of his team mates are using the exact same pattern. If Terry hadn't followed the plan, he may very well have scored. If the rest of the players didn't take similar penalties, then the Man Utd coach probably wouldn't have figured out the system.

It was an interesting read, nonetheless, but it just proved to me that you can't go into a shootout with a plan, it has to be an on the spot split second decision, meaning that it's pretty much a lottery. The nonsense about nuclear missiles was a ridiculous comparison, I'm really not sure what that was all about

Plus I'm pretty sure we don't need an economist to tell us to hit penalties high and hard...ffs.

I study Psychology and stats, and while I find examining raw data like this fascinating, I still know better than to use such data as predictors. For penalties, it's simply in the moment. Instinct if you will. It's about taking the best possible penalty you can take at that moment. If you put it where you want it, the keeper doesn't stand a chance. And if you fill your head with too much 'plans', 'strategies', stats etc., you're just going to fuck with your own head more than anything else...as the article proves!