Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I'm happy he had the balls to step up and take it. Yes, he choked under pressure but he is 20 y/o and will learn, as Drogba said. I am sure, because of his big character, that this will make him stronger in the long term rather than destroy him. Keep going, Romelu.

Micky Mouse trophy too. Not going to lie, would have liked to have won but let's be honest, Bayern are the best team in the world right now and we put up a decent show with a relatively young/inexperienced squad - we will only get better.

Fuck off Lukaku. You think you are Drogba? You better should score some penaltygoals against Bayern, before someone call you Drogba again.

He should !@#%ing leave on loan worst penalty i saw in my life. PENALTY NOT PASS

Worst player i saw in my life i hope he is benched all year worthless player

You boys need to just give it up and watch gymnastics or something. If you're getting this worked up and overreacting at one mistake when a young 20 year old had a huge amount of pressure on his shoulders I really fear that one of you may spontaneously combust at some point during the season.

I remember a post-moscow interview with John Terry back in 2008, in which JT proclaimed he had been practising penalties and would continue to do so for the foreseeable future. This is a guy who's had years to perfect the art after learning the hard way.

I remember a post-moscow interview with John Terry back in 2008, in which JT proclaimed he had been practising penalties and would continue to do so for the foreseeable future. This is a guy who's had years to perfect the art after learning the hard way.

JT also had the final shirt framed in his house and he used it as his motivation. Lukaku will surely bounce back, especially with the environment he is in and the people that are around.

JT also had the final shirt framed in his house and he used it as his motivation. Lukaku will surely bounce back, especially with the environment he is in and the people that are around.

No..

What I'm getting at, is that JT is a coward for not stepping up, he's the captain ffs.

I don't agree that he cost us the trophy. He just missed a penalty in a shout-out which has to happen in ever shout-out. Yes he shares some of the blame for us losing, but so does Oscar who missed that sitter that could have won us the match in normal time, and so does Cech for not saving any of the 5 pens, and so does whoever was supposed to mark Martinez in that final set piece.

I never said he was the only one, but it is ridiculous for people to keep acting like he took a good penalty!

Also, Cech for not getting any of the 5 penalties? REALLY? WOW, it just proves how much overprotection Lukaku is getting...

I never said he was the only one, but it is ridiculous for people to keep acting like he took a good penalty!

Also, Cech for not getting any of the 5 penalties? REALLY? WOW, it just proves how much overprotection Lukaku is getting...

People are acting like it was tough for a young lad to deal with the pressure of taking the 5th penalty in a final vs Bayern Munchen facing the Bayern fans.

The penalty was woeful, nobody's denying that.

It was a terrible penalty but it's just not a big deal because anyone misses a penalty in a shoot-out and there is always a great deal of luck in it. In fact, Drogba took a very similar pen two years against Munich (which was also a terrible pen) but he was lucky enough that the keeper dived the wrong way. A missed penalty in a shoot-out is not something to criticize a player for in my book.

As for the Cech thing, what I meant is that you also need your keeper to save pens to win shoot-outs because your players can't keep scoring them forever. If Cech had saved a couple of pens then Lukaku's miss would have been irrelevant like Mata's miss in Munich. My point was that Romelu is as much responsible for the loss for being unlucky enough that the keeper guessed his pen correctly as is Cech for being unlucky not to guess three of the five pens correctly.

The theory that I'm blaming Cech to protect Lukaku doesn't really work since, just Yesterday, I was being slatted for criticizing Romelu and saying that Torres is still better.

It was a terrible penalty but it's just not a big deal because anyone misses a penalty in a shoot-out and there is always a great deal of luck in it. In fact, Drogba took a very similar pen two years against Munich (which was also a terrible pen) but he was lucky enough that the keeper dived the wrong way. A missed penalty in a shoot-out is not something to criticize a player for in my book.

What are you on about, Didier took a penalty, Lukaku passed the ball to Neuer. The fuck did I just read...

I will criticize a player for this, because of the way he took it, not because he missed. Half of the members on this forum could have saved that shot by Lukaku.

As for the Cech thing, what I meant is that you also need your keeper to save pens to win shoot-outs because your players can't keep scoring them forever. If Cech had saved a couple of pens then Lukaku's miss would have been irrelevant like Mata's miss in Munich. My point was that Romelu is as much responsible for the loss for being unlucky enough that the keeper guessed his pen correctly as is Cech for being unlucky not to guess three of the five pens correctly.

The theory that I'm blaming Cech to protect Lukaku doesn't really work since, just Yesterday, I was being slatted for criticizing Romelu and saying that Torres is still better.

There was no luck in Neueur knowing where the ball would go.

Just look at his long slow last step and how he arm his shot, it way to slow.

If you go slowly in your run-in, at least take smaller steps and angle yourself to being able to shoot at either direction.

There was no luck in Neueur knowing where the ball would go.

Just look at his long slow last step and how he arm his shot, it way to slow.

If you go slowly in your run-in, at least take smaller steps and angle yourself to being able to shoot at either direction.

What are you on about, Didier took a penalty, Lukaku passed the ball to Neuer. The fuck did I just read...

I will criticize a player for this, because of the way he took it, not because he missed. Half of the members on this forum could have saved that shot by Lukaku.

Drogba's and Lukaku's pens were very similar in terms of pace on the ball and positioning of the shot. Yes Lukaku's run-up was probably ten-times worse (Didier didn't make a run up) but the point was had Neuer jumped the right way it would have been a similarly easy save and the pen would have been called just as bad as Lukaku's.

I think he gets protected because of the seriously hostile comments he got in the first place, actually. And I think rightfully so. If someone would have called Oscar a miserable cunt that deserves to benched for a whole year for missing that sitter, he would have been defended as well - also rightfully so.

I believe we should support our young players.

Just saying, mate :-)

Do we have any information on who was the absolute retard that decided that he was to take the last penalty? I have serious doubts Jose would instruct an emotional teenager to take the last pen so I can only assume he requested it.

at least he was man enough to step up and take one.. shows his maturity at his age and determination to impress.