Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

To your first point, I've never heard anyone call it that. It just sounds weird, but it's up to you. Why not simply call it the Bridge like every other fan (it's actually 2 letters shorter)?

As to the larger point about Lukaku, I was simply offering my opinion. Like I said, I apologise if you're being sincere.

The point that gets overlooked regarding him and other players (like Lampard) is that the new manager (fingers crossed) has to have a say in what he does next season. West Brom might be a great place for him but if the new guy fancies using him next year then that's even better. A lot depends on Ba though, who I've only ever really thought of as a short-term solution. If he continues playing well then maybe he stays.

Ultimately there's four months left of this season and a lot of things are still up in the air. All he has to focus on is his next game for West Brom.

I simply got used to call it Stamford, that´s all. Also, I have seen the same name being applied in many other stories....

OK mate, apology is well taken. No problems, at all.

To your first point, I've never heard anyone call it that. It just sounds weird, but it's up to you. Why not simply call it the Bridge like every other fan (it's actually 2 letters shorter)?

As to the larger point about Lukaku, I was simply offering my opinion. Like I said, I apologise if you're being sincere.

The point that gets overlooked regarding him and other players (like Lampard) is that the new manager (fingers crossed) has to have a say in what he does next season. West Brom might be a great place for him but if the new guy fancies using him next year then that's even better. A lot depends on Ba though, who I've only ever really thought of as a short-term solution. If he continues playing well then maybe he stays.

Ultimately there's four months left of this season and a lot of things are still up in the air. All he has to focus on is his next game for West Brom.

Yeah, obviously the new manager (if we have one) may want to utilize him more, but as far as i am concerned the main priority for him and us in regards to lukaku is for him to get game time, especially at his age as him making a rare appearance for us won't do us any favours or him.. The problem we may have is that we will be in the same situation in a year and a half probaly with a 28 year old demba ba and maybe even a player like falcao here, which would mean it would still be incredibly difficult to get him regular games... But all that is hypothetical right now and very little good can come of him having another season similar to last season where he rarely got off the bench... If we had just BA here then i would definitely have him here as he would get a lot of game time as our no.2 striker.

Good Googling skills there, completely missing the point but okay.

My point was that no-one calls the Bridge 'Stamford'. But if you think that confusion over the use of Stamford Bridge on this forum is something real then I apologise. Maybe I should stop referring to it as the Bridge in case people think I'm talking about Prince Albert or the Golden Gate.

Why so serious? Of course I know what you meant; so yes I get your point. MY statement was actually poking fun at you for being so pedantic. So I think you're the one that actually missed the point...unless of course you aren't being serious right now and you did understand my tongue-in-cheek statement and you've responded with another. I hope your aren't being serious...

Some of his comments really annoy the shit out of me.

He constantly comes out with these barbs at us in the media about how he "didnt play for a year" and that he "doesn't care what Chelsea are doing right now."

What the fuck were you expecting? To come from the Belgian league and replace both Torres and Drogba straight away at the age of 18/19? Get a clue, Lukaku.

Wouldn't surprise me if when we do go to recall him he comes out and says he doesn't want to come back to us. It's like he thinks we ruined him.

Just shut up and play and be glad you're playing every week.

Someone needs to teach him how to talk to the media. This isn't the first time he's run his mouth like an idiot. He can think whatever he wants, but you don't say stuff like that in the media like an idiot.

That said, I'm fine with another season at West Brom. He's developing nicely and he won't at Chelsea. Considering we only play one up top, already have Ba and will most likely buy another in the summer he'll have no chance of developing any further here. He should be recalled when it's a given that he's second-choice striker at worst.

'I don't care about Blues'

'I don't care what Chelsea is doing right now'

Can you just think for a second? Change a few words in those sentences or think of different manners or tones he could have said this.

This shit gets taken out of context all the time. And it's the fucking Sun ffs. Ofc he cares about Chelsea, it's his employee and he's a genuine fan.

He's just a smart kid who realises it's better to not be at Chelsea right now, not only because this place is a circus but because he knows it would hamper his development.

A lot of his statements might not even be true but one thing we must keep in mind he is 19 year-old.

Also, I would think he expected a lot more from Chelsea than what the club offered him, then.

A star in Belgium but a bench warmer at Chelsea certainly was not on his mind when he signed.

I still think Chelsea are making mistake here. He could have been recalled right on 1st of January instead of buying BA. Then, he would have had all the minutes he wanted.

The guy shows he can focus. He shouldn't be thinking of Chelsea or care about their results, just about himself getting good games and goals and West Brom good results.

He's focused, extremely mature for his age, always appreciated by his teammates and in the end also a very modest guy.

Some of his comments really annoy the shit out of me.

He constantly comes out with these barbs at us in the media about how he "didnt play for a year" and that he "doesn't care what Chelsea are doing right now."

What the fuck were you expecting? To come from the Belgian league and replace both Torres and Drogba straight away at the age of 18/19? Get a clue, Lukaku.

Wouldn't surprise me if when we do go to recall him he comes out and says he doesn't want to come back to us. It's like he thinks we ruined him.

Just shut up and play and be glad you're playing every week.

Oh my God.

And people wonder why I sometimes insult people here. How about actually reading what he said and THINK ABOUT IT instead of going off like a nuclear bomb alarm?

Ben Foster on Lukaku: "In training over the past month, he’s been on fire, looking every bit the player Chelsea bought for 18 million."

Foster on Lukaku: "He’s not only an amazing player, he’s such a good lad as well. He’s so humble, he just gets on with things, he’s one of the last ones off the training field."