Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

19 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Best news I've heard all summer.

If this holds up to be true, there really is a God. 

Yeah, fantastic news. It would be awful to sign a great striker when we have Rémy, Bamford and other suckers.. Conte seems to be trying to change our squad to 4-4-2, so we need a striker who can compete with Costa and Michy.

Everton's #Chelsea transfer target Romelu Lukaku to snub Stamford Bridge return and stay at Goodison Park. [Mirror]

Romelu Lukaku has told Ronald Koeman that he will ignore overtures from #Chelsea to stay at Goodison for at least another season. [Mirror]

Everton are prepared to make Romelu Lukaku their highest-paid player ever on a long-term contract worth over £100,000 per week. [Mirror]

Koeman: "I have two plans – one is with Lukaku and one without him. I prepare for yes and no and that’s when we will see.“ [Telegraph]

Koeman: "Okay, we need to wait two more weeks to be sure about the future but Lukaku is still here. I don’t have any doubts.“ [Telegraph]

This guy is so fucking delusional and stupid that I can't believe it anymore. Few months ago he was basically saying how Everton is too small of a club for a world class striker like him and that he wants to play in CL. Then he was saying that he has unfinished business at Chelsea. And now this. He changes his opinion every time he opens his stupid mouth.

1 hour ago, Melanicus said:

This guy is so fucking delusional and stupid that I can't believe it anymore. Few months ago he was basically saying how Everton is too small of a club for a world class striker like him and that he wants to play in CL. Then he was saying that he has unfinished business at Chelsea. And now this. He changes his opinion every time he opens his stupid mouth.

It's saying just as much about you that you believe everything you read in the papers.

Kristof Terreur Retweeted De Telegraaf

Romelu Lukaku has told Ronald Koeman that he will stay at Everton. (Column Koeman in De Telegraaf) #efc

Chelsea are/were definitely interested in Romelu Lukaku, but don't/didn't want to pay the £65m asking price. #efc #cfc

7 hours ago, Tautvix said:

I am happy that Lukaku is not coming but... on the other hand it just proves again that we just cannot buy a player once again....

I'm with you here. Not that I'm not happy Lukaku isn't coming here, he would've been a waste of time and money to be honest. Especially when he realised he's not going to usurp Costa anytime soon lmao.

However it is a bit alarming that he's joining a list of players we've been unable to successfully get. Be it through negotiations with the parent club or the player himself. The fact we haven't been able to even convince Koulibaly to submit a transfer bid when John Stones had no problem doing so last summer is cause to be somewhat alarmed. We're not financial powerhouse we once quite were - In the sense that clubs/players have an easier time saying 'no' to us than we've been used to since 2003/04. It was bad enough in 2011 when Steven Pienaar decided Tottenham were a better choice, imagine this becomes a more common thing!

That being said, this is all to a tiny extent. With the increasing amount of money clubs are reciving now, not just limited to the Premier League, it is in fact easier for them to say no and to hold on to a key player for a year longer than they would've expected. To this day it will baffle me why we didn't go for John Stones again, at the price we were asking he went up by £10m. If you're offering £40-45m anyway, what really is it to a multi-million £ club? We'd won the battle in sense of Stones wanting to sign for us, but somehow walked away all-together with our tails between our legs.

If this continues happening, Chelsea are going to be in trouble. We must attain to be number one club in London! Arsenal, under Wenger, are finding out exactly what it's like when players don't find a club an attractive move anymore. Over my dead body does Tottenham become the primary destination choice in London for prospective footballers.